Santa Fe Motel & Inn
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$229
Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Eldorado Hotel & Spa(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$216
$271
$244
$319
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Restaurant
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$191
$167
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotwire.com
All reviewsoatmealyoga matchili pepperswithin walking distancefarmers marketmexican tiletortillasrail yardfresh fruitshort walkan easy walkprivate patiothe breakfast arearailyard districtnice breakfasttwo queen bedshot breakfast
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at this updated motel. The rooms were super clean, the beds comfortable and we had a room with a kitchenette that was very convenient. All the staff members were very helpful and provided us with maps, directions and recommendations. The complimentary breakfast was also very good. The location is walking distance to most central attractions. We were very impressed by what a good value the Sante Fe Motel and Inn was, and rank it among our favorite places we stayed while on a month long road trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Just returned from a "girls weekend" getaway with my daughter and daughter-in-law. We stayed in one of the 2-Queen "casitas" for 2 nights and enjoyed our visit. The rate was a little "pricier" than what I would normally do (plus I thought the price I was quoted included tax, but didn't, so it was even about $25 more a night than what I had anticipated). But I wanted to give the girls a "taste" of Santa Fe by staying in something besides the "chain" hotels and this fit. The casita was clean and comfortable, with a frig & microwave. The only two "cons" I can think of is: (1) there were a few ants in the bathroom each day (just a couple of them though, not an army); and (2) you sign up for breakfast time-slots since the breakfast area is small-- we tried getting there a little early and right on time, but they seemed to run low on a few things (orange juice, etc.) But we still had enough to get our day started - and it could be that the people in front of us may have "loaded up" -- I certainly understand in this economy not wanting to fix "too much". They offered cereals, oatmeal & toppings, fruits, eggs, sausage, beans, tortillas, juices, milk and bread for the toaster. They have a nice little outdoor courtyard area to eat in as well as a small indoor area. Front desk clerk couldn't have been nicer and was very accommodating. Was able to have computer/printer access to print out our boarding passes, which was nice. We also loved the little "courtyard" seating area outside our door. You can't beat Santa Fe for things to do and this place is fairly close to the Plaza. Would recommend and would stay again. Note: Bottled water and basket of snacks in the room (but for a price, so need to read the note in the basket and by the water before you help yourself.)

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank TXLuv2Travel
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Our room was clean and tastefully decorated. Loved the Southwest colors and use of tile.
The beds were SO comfortable. I walked to Old Town so the location was great. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We had heard that the (free) breakfast was good but we didn't get a chance to try it. Would definitely return.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aitch51Ashland
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Stayed 3 days at this comfortable, but not great motel. Positives are location to historical district, reasonably good breakfast, and pleasant staff. Negatives are that construction is dated, thus soundproofing lacks a lot to be desired, as does noisy plumbing throughout the night. Unit was cleaned well, but storage space and computer area was lacking. It could use dual pane windows and some sound proofing from rooms upstairs. Also a little variety at breakfast would be appreciated.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Tnsprof
bdgsfm, Manager at Santa Fe Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2010

We are sorry that our complimentary breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, green chile, beans, organic hot oatmeal, cold cereal, fresh fruit, locally fresh baked breads, tortillas, orange juice, apple juice, soy milk, 2 % milk, teas and fresh ground coffee was lacking sufficient variety for you. We will certainly look into the possibility of expanding our breakfast menu.

Although all of our guestroom's have double pane glass windows, we apologize if you had a hotel guest neighbor above or adjacent to your room who chose to be noisy and unruly interferring with your quiet enjoyment of your stay with us. Please realize that upon notification of a disturbance, our policy is to immediately deal with the guest causing the disturbance.

As you indicated, we are in the historic district of Santa Fe and while we are always updating and refurbishing our guestrooms; much of our property is considered historic or as you categorized it "construction is dated".

Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a quiet and tasteful stay.

Brian Graves
general manager

Reviewed April 17, 2010

I was booked number 24- a casita as they called it. Double glass french doors leading right up to your bed is asking for a break in. I don't remember there being an extra lock besides the one on the door knob. When I called for the front desk to report suspicious different gang banger cars going in and out of the parking lot at 11:00am, you can image my dismay when I learned that they had closed office and all the message said to do was to call 911. I remember that the front desk clerk did inform me that they had a security company to check the cars, but there was no number to call them. Because I felt unsafe, my husband and I left the property at 12:00am and drove to a different motel. i just wanted to talk to the manager about the situation and ask them to leave the security company's number in the room so that if this happened again, the visitor could call. The manager has not returned my call for 2 weeks. I really believe in returning calls and I feel that this shows a huge lack of business etiquette and I have lost confidence in this place completely.
**Other issues: bad internet connection (not good for someone like me who works on the road. The clerk insisted no troubles with the internet before I booked the room.)
Also, the bathroom and sink are located on opposite sides of the room. You literally have to walk to the other side of the room to wash your hands after using the bathroom. And charging $2.00 for a small package of M&M's is insulting. I understand price gauging for those of us who have a hard time resisting chocolate- but this just made me lose my appetite completely.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
20  Thank NorwayKato
bdgsfm, General Manager at Santa Fe Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2010

The Management at the Santa Fe Motel and Inn was very sorry to hear of this guest's concerns and disappointing experience. Security at our establishment is of the utmost importance to and that is why we have multiple security cameras as well as having USA Security conduct patrols on the property throughout the night. We have not had any incidents since the present owner purchased the property in 1997. All of our rooms have deadbolts as well to further secure the room. We are located in a very safe area of downtown Santa Fe in which there are several hotels.

Happy guests are very important to us and we rely heavily upon repeat business and personal referrals as well as online reviews and comments for the success of our business.

If the unhappy guests would entertain a return visit, I am certain we would be able to provide them with an enjoyable and delightful experience.

Brian Graves, General Manager