“Really nice time at Santa Fe Motel and Inn”

Santa Fe Motel & Inn
Ranked #9 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed January 2, 2009

I was staying at my sister's in Santa Fe to help her with her needs while sick when I came down with a horribloe cold myself, and had to move out so she wouldn't get the cold. I first went to the Hotel Santa Fe, nice but more expensive, and did what my daughter did, moved to the Santa Fe Motel and Inn nearby, which I liked much more. It is small, has a relaxed, intimate atmosphere, a nice breakfast of eggs and cereal that goes with the room, and best of all, while I was too sick to get up and eat, they brought my food to my first floor room.

This is the place where I would tell anyone visiting Santa Fe to stay. I don't remember the exact price, since it was a year ago, but I thought it was incredibly reasonable. Also it is very aesthetic looking, not at all with the atmosphere of a motel, and has charming casitas for rent too.

I sort of hate telling people aboutr this find, but I also think a place as nice as this should get the recommendation it deserves.

Mary Lehmann

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank MadamRubbish

Reviewed November 15, 2008

Stumbled across this on trip advisor and booked a casita with a fireplace. What a great 4 days we had!! Stayed in casita 21 and it was absolutely perfect. Late fall, cool nites and the fireplace was great. Had a very private patio, very clean room and a great bed. Staff is friendly and even the complimentary breakfast was good. Will recommend to friends and look forward to another stay soon. Dave H, NJ

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Mistermoose55
Reviewed October 16, 2008

We stayed for 5 nights. The room was clean. The location was OK if you don't mind a ten to twenty minute walk to downtown or Canyon road. The included breakfast was filling (eggs bread cereal liquids(juice,milk ,tea,coffee) and was real nice in the morning. BUT watch out for which room you get. Our room had a bathroom that was very small and caused problems. We saw other rooms with much larger bathrooms. The Hotel was booked every night and so we did not bother to ask for a room change

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
18  Thank arlhal
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Cute small hotel, with a wisteria covered balcony. Very nice front desk, clean roomy room. Great hot breakfast. Walking distance to the square. I'd stay here again in a minute. Plus, $125 which included breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ftlauderdalenative
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Stayed at Santa Fe Motel for 4 nights. Wonderful hot breakfast(oatmeal, eggs, fresh bread. Very nice and clean rooms.
It is close to plaza and downtown but not a short walk it is about 6 blocks a little hard if you have any problem with walking.
Several great resturants within 1 or 2 blocks that was nice after a long day. Also ride the train if you are in Santa Fe on Friday or Saturday that was a great trip.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank McKenzee
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Comfortable and quirky with very stylish rooms. Great breakfast and in an ideal location. Superb value.

Don't miss 'cowgirls' restaurant about 1/2 mile away.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank dougbonnar
Reviewed July 20, 2008

My daughter and I stayed here for one night on our way to the Philmont Scout ranch to pick-up my husband and son. The motel/inn was just what we wanted. It has clean, charming and had nicely decorated rooms with a few extra touches such as the chili peppers on the towels. It was a reasonable walk to the plaza. And, the staff were all friendly and helpful! Oh, and the breakfast is definitely one of the better complimentary ones I've had.
Unfortunately, on our way back they didn't have any rooms available for my family so they recommended the Sage Inn. It was a real disappointment! I would suggest that the folks at the Santa Fe Motel find another place to recommend when they don't have any vacancies.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family