“This is one of the most charming places I have ever stayed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Fe Motel and Inn

Santa Fe Motel and Inn
Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Tucson, Arizona
“This is one of the most charming places I have ever stayed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I booked a casita for a 2 night stay. Loved it so much, I delayed the rest of my trip to spend one more day here. I told the front desk when I booked that I had a small dog with me and they suggested Casita 18. It was absolutely perfect with a little tiny enclosed patio and an area where my dog could do his business. He loved that I could keep the door open and he could go in and out as he pleased. For my last night I had to move to another casita (#20) and it was still perfect for me and the dog. The front desk and the breakfast staff were the nicest people you could imagine and very helpful. The morning that I finally did leave, I had breakfast next to the fireplace, which was burning and good thing as it was gently snowing outside. Talk about a magical, perfect ending. Great location, great pricing, I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: Loved Casita 18 with 2 beds and Casita 20 had one bed. Both places are small and neither has a fire...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank TheBrutesmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very convenient for walking to attractions, about 0.4 miles. Room was nice, staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great with fresh fruit, local breads, sausage/eggs/chili/beans. Will be sure to stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TucsonPhil
Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Having read most of the reviews, I can confirm the Santa Fe Motel & Inn is a great place to stay. Superb service, great rooms & amenities, value for money, and close enough to all the restaurants and shops.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This motel-inn was exactly what we needed after a long drive: from the straightforward & helpful check-in to the hearty help-yourself breakfast next morning, the Santa Fe Motel & Inn offered exceptionally friendly service, good value, and nice touches that made us happy to have stayed there. We enjoyed a good bed, good shower, pleasant southwest decor with cute touches; home-cooked breakfast options that provided far more variety and healthy choices than the usual "continental." The motel was located only a short distance (10-15 minute walk) from the historic area, which we visited next morning. We would've loved to stay longer in Santa Fe, but had scheduled only one night--we'd definitely stay here again when we come back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PJWAtson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This was a nice diamond in the rough. We had a nice fire in the room and a drink on the porch. It was very relaxing. I also really liked that the room came with a refrigerator and microwave. I would come back.

• Stayed May 2014
Monument, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My adult daughter and I spent Spring Break here (room #8), the last week of March. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this clean, friendly, well-located small motel. Each morning we would rise early for a "photography walk" around downtown Santa Fe, which was only a 15 minute walk from our room, allowing us to catch the best light of the day. When we returned a nice spread was laid out for breakfast. We always chose to eat in the community breakfast room where we enjoyed chatting with other guests. But I do have to say that the adjoining breakfast space with the blazing fireplace looking cozy and inviting as well. The staff was friendly and the owner went out of his way to make suggestions, which turned out to be great, for nearby eating establishments and Santa Fe not-to-miss activities. I will definitely plan to stay here on my next trip to Santa Fe. The perfect location (we only moved our car to go out to Bishops Lodge and Museum Hill,) in walking distance to all of downtown Santa Fe, even Canyon Road and the Kakawa Chocolate House, the friendly staff and cleanliness all in a place that is affordable make this motel a winner for me!

Room Tip: #8 is on the end on the 2nd floor, so it's easy access to your car and perhaps more quiet than o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank monumentfishwife
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Loved my stay at the Santa Fe Motel and Inn. The staff was were friendly and helpful. The room was delightfully decorated and very comfortable. Slept great. And their homey breakfasts were
great, especially the homemade cinnamon rolls made daily. There was a lovely little enclosed patio just off the dining area with a fireplace burning for cozy breakfasts too. I have nothing but good things to say about this establishment and have been telling family and friends that this IS the place to stay while in Santa Fe. It will certainly be my choice the next time I go.

Room Tip: I had an upstairs room with a kitchenette and it was great.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo