“A perfect place to stay in Santa Fe!”

Santa Fe Motel & Inn
Ranked #9 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Matt, John and Bernadette couldn't be more helpful and solicitous during my stay in Santa Fe. I had a kitchenette which was great and if you can sleep after all the stimulation Santa Fe has to offer, the beds are wonderful. The breakfast cook was marvellous and daily tidy ups appreciated. Centrally located and within walking distance to all sites - even Museum Hill! I shall return. Best value for price!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Santa Fe Motel & Inn

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here based on TripAdvisor reviews. Like others have said, you can't ask for nicer service at check-in, we liked them right away. however, I think they must have had different rooms than we did. We had a casita, which was not very inexpensive. It was small and rustic, pluses: there was a kiva with a fire ready to be lit, the bed was comfy. Breakfast was free, and absolutely delicious. fresh fruit, organic oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, almond milk offered in addition to regular milk and juice. the coffee was yummy too. again, the service at breakfast was extremely friendly. Negatives: the heater/air conditioning unit was horrendously loud, and did not shut off when when desired temp was reached. We did sleep through the noise, but it was loud. The bed was bolted to the wall, the room was so small, it smelled of fire smoke from the previous kiva fires, and my husband was afraid to light a fire in such a small room. And he found a large multi-legged creature in the bathtub. The rubber ducky was cute but pretty well used, and seemed an odd touch to an otherwise clean room. If the room had been less expensive, it would be more acceptable, but this was not a low priced room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
13  Thank SantaFeJoanne
Angela H, Owner at Santa Fe Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

On the one hand we were encouraged by your appreciation of our staff and the service provided as well as your enjoyment of our scrumptious breakfast. On the other hand we were dismayed that the HVAC was too noisy and warm for you. Since your stay we have had the HVAC unit serviced so that the noise and defective thermostat are no longer issues. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. As for the residual burned wood smell from the fireplace, our experience has been there is no reasonable way of totally eliminating the small traces of that smell from a wood burning fireplace. Since you enjoyed so many aspects of our property we hope you will revisit us and choose a room without a wood burning fireplace.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed four nights, enjoying the comfort and lovely special touches...like the red peppers on the towels!
The breakfast is the best I have ever had! Buffet with choices of Greek yogurt, eggs, bread from the bakery across the street, organic oatmeal etc.

Bernadette, the Receptionist, was most helpful and kind. She helped make our stay extra special.
The rest of the staff, also, honored all our requests happily.

The location is perfect - 10 minute walk to the plaza.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

From the room to the front desk personnel to the great breakfast (organic oatmeal, fresh fruit, coffee...what more do you need?), this is a great little "motel"....you can't miss here. And the location is just a few blocks off the Jardin, easy walk. Try it!

Room Tip: If you can, book one of the bungalows...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HKRJ
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a wonderful stay (6 nights) here. Our room was so pretty with beautiful tiles in the bathroom. Our room was quiet and comfortable. We did hear noise one night (before 9) from people walking up and down the walkway above our room. This settled down quickly. The breakfasts were great and the kitchen staff was happy to please. Extra seating was available on the enclosed patio. No question that we'll stay there for our next trip to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is one of those places I don't really want to review for fear that the rest of you will always keep it full and I won't be able to get a room there next time! Or that they will up the prices which would be TERRIBLE ;) I will start with why I only gave it 4 versus 5 stars. If you are a light sleeper, the walls are very thin and creaky. I was on a trip there with my daughter and we both are pretty heavy sleepers and relaxed about our sleep and noisy neighbors - I don't mind things like music or tvs on, etc. Anyway, the people above me were walking and it woke me! I was actually surprised since it takes quite a bit. That being said, I went right back to sleep and could have cared less. However, if you are especially sensitive to noise you should definitely stay on the top floor to avoid the overhead noise and request a corner room or something to limit (or a casita, although I think another reviewer said the walls were thin also?). This is really the only reason I gave the hotel 4 stars because for the price in Santa Fe and the location - its a 5 star as far as comfort, cleanliness, simple but delicious breakfast, great staff, location, and cute factor. It isn't a fancy hotel by any means (another reason to not do a 5 star) but if you are like me and really want to pay under $200 (and preferably under 150) for a hotel room but don't want to stay somewhere dangerous or gross, this is the perfect place for you. I even liked the bathroom amenities and they have wifi, cable, etc. Very, very perfect. I stayed in a room with 2 queens and was comfortable. Shower/bathroom are sweet and I had a nice hot shower (KEY for me at motels/hotels) but - you tall people - it is one of those low shower heads. I"m 5/2 and it was just over my head - lol. I loved it :) I do want to say that John at the desk who checked us in was very nice, efficient, and wonderfully social and told us all sorts of info about where to go and what to see. The woman in the morning was also very sweet but I didn't ask her name - sorry! Not much else to say that others haven't said. Photos are right on and it is as described by most here.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms to avoid overhead noise and a corner if you are a light sleeper - thin walls. If you...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were Looking for affordable non chain in Santa fe and this is a winner Great staff, parking right in front of foom which we liked, clean room, nice walk to plaza. We did not have the breakfast but heard it was good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple