New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Santa Fe Motel and Inn

Santa Fe Motel and Inn
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a wonderful stay (6 nights) here. Our room was so pretty with beautiful tiles in the bathroom. Our room was quiet and comfortable. We did hear noise one night (before 9) from people walking up and down the walkway above our room. This settled down quickly. The breakfasts were great and the kitchen staff was happy to please. Extra seating was available on the enclosed patio. No question that we'll stay there for our next trip to Santa Fe.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is one of those places I don't really want to review for fear that the rest of you will always keep it full and I won't be able to get a room there next time! Or that they will up the prices which would be TERRIBLE ;) I will start with why I only gave it 4 versus 5 stars. If you are a light sleeper, the walls are very thin and creaky. I was on a trip there with my daughter and we both are pretty heavy sleepers and relaxed about our sleep and noisy neighbors - I don't mind things like music or tvs on, etc. Anyway, the people above me were walking and it woke me! I was actually surprised since it takes quite a bit. That being said, I went right back to sleep and could have cared less. However, if you are especially sensitive to noise you should definitely stay on the top floor to avoid the overhead noise and request a corner room or something to limit (or a casita, although I think another reviewer said the walls were thin also?). This is really the only reason I gave the hotel 4 stars because for the price in Santa Fe and the location - its a 5 star as far as comfort, cleanliness, simple but delicious breakfast, great staff, location, and cute factor. It isn't a fancy hotel by any means (another reason to not do a 5 star) but if you are like me and really want to pay under $200 (and preferably under 150) for a hotel room but don't want to stay somewhere dangerous or gross, this is the perfect place for you. I even liked the bathroom amenities and they have wifi, cable, etc. Very, very perfect. I stayed in a room with 2 queens and was comfortable. Shower/bathroom are sweet and I had a nice hot shower (KEY for me at motels/hotels) but - you tall people - it is one of those low shower heads. I"m 5/2 and it was just over my head - lol. I loved it :) I do want to say that John at the desk who checked us in was very nice, efficient, and wonderfully social and told us all sorts of info about where to go and what to see. The woman in the morning was also very sweet but I didn't ask her name - sorry! Not much else to say that others haven't said. Photos are right on and it is as described by most here.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms to avoid overhead noise and a corner if you are a light sleeper - thin walls. If you...
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were Looking for affordable non chain in Santa fe and this is a winner Great staff, parking right in front of foom which we liked, clean room, nice walk to plaza. We did not have the breakfast but heard it was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pepperell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I thought I would find a place I liked better for our next trip to Santa Fe...but decided this really is a special place to stay in a special place! Close enough to walk to the plaza...but far enough away to have peace and quiet. We have booked another trip to this hotel!!!

Room Tip: We loved our cassita...with our private patio!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bwinter05
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This motel was just what we were looking for a large family on a semi-budget friendly vacation. This place has all the charm and comforts you need when staying in Santa Fe. The location is awesome, and the included breakfast really puts this place over the top. The staff is friendly and helpful in finding things to do and places to eat in Santa Fe. Having a small kitchenette was helpful for leftovers. Great Italian restaurant just a block away, Cafe Cafe.

Room Tip: Try the casitas for a fireplace and semi-private parking.
3 Thank TXSnoot
Keesing, Manager at Santa Fe Motel and Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for all of your nice comments. We work very diligently to make Santa Fe Motel & Inn a unique place to stay in downtown Santa Fe!
John Keesing
Operations Manager
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very restful sanctuary about 8 minutes walk from The Plaza. Bed is clean, not too soft, and large.Yellow rubber ducky in tub, chilis on towels, and yoga mat in closet lend a quirky romance and comfort to the room. Breakfast is great. Organic products throughout. Good note on inside of our door about reducing carbon footprint for the sake of our grandchildren. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Unit 4 is buried at the center of the building. Relatively quiet for being so close to Cerrillos Roa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
oooooo... There is nothing I like more than being called "perfect"! All of the little touchs you mention, are our way of saying that we really appreciate you choosing Santa Fe Motel and Inn as your special retreat in downtown Santa Fe. Please come visit us again.
John Keesing
Operations Manager
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed in one of the casitas and loved it - small fireplace, comfortable bed, fridge and microwave. Friendly and knowledgeable staff and great location within walking distance of most everything we wanted to do during our visit to Santa Fe.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Coonie_72
Keesing, General Manager at Santa Fe Motel and Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
You know we are a GREAT VALUE... Considering that we are literally steps away from the beautiful Railyard Arts District, and easy walking distance to the heart of Santa Fe, it would be tough to find a better place to stay, and then we feed you a super fantastic breakfast! Wow!
John