“Wonderfull place walking distance to the Old town”

Santa Fe Motel & Inn
Ranked #9 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We are two French ladies and in June we stayed two nights in this wonderful motel walking distance to the Santa Fe Old Town. We had a great stay in a very beautiful and clean traditional room which was also very comfortable. We have been welcome buy a very helpful, nice and friendly staff. In this fantastic small motel you feel like at home. A complete cooked breakfast is served in a patio which is very nice. It's a charming motel with a wonderful staff.
We certainly come back and stay in this motel for our next trip to Santa Fe and we recommend it to people who need a motel there.
Please do not change and continue to perfect this beautiful place. Thanks for all you did!!!!

Chantal and Rachel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I had a lovely stay here. Booked in for three nights, but added another as we loved it so much. Staff couldn't have been any more helpful and friendly. Cooked breakfast was a big bonus. Walking distance to great bars and cafe's and not that far from the town centre too. Just fab!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DEAN O
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed here for three nights. I was given a casita because the traditional rooms where all booked. I chose the motel based on trip advisor and AAA reviews.

I want to start off by saying I would stay here again. But only if I am given one of the traditional rooms. My casita was beautiful. I was concerned about security because the entry way was french doors, and the room was isolated and opened on to a city street, Manhattan Avenue. I was assured that the room was safe and that the street was quiet and never used. I am a single woman traveling alone. Security is paramount.

My casita was not safe. That's why I'm writing this review. I don't want any one else to have the same experience I had.

My second night, I returned at 7 pm to find a drunk man sleeping on my porch. As I said, my casita entrance was isolated. It overlooked Manhattan Ave and was easily accessible to anyone from the street. Many people walk the street. It is an access route to the new and popular railroad section. The entryway is french doors. The drunk sleeping man was twice my size. I could not wake him. I went and got staff. They told him to leave. He left. Staff called the police. Staff also said they would have security do extra walks around the property. Staff walked me into my room and checked that all was okay. I asked for another room, but they said they were booked. It was folk art festival weekend. I know every place was booked. They assured me I would be okay, so I stayed.

That night I did not sleep well. I was worried. As I said, the entrance to my room was two glass doors. The street, walkers all the time, was right there, on the other side of a waist high porch wall.

Two in the morning I heard the sound of rustling plastic bags. The sound was in my room. I was terrified. Finally sat up and said who's there? The sound stopped and I figured I was just having a nightmare because of the earlier incident. Well, the sound started up again. I finally figured out the intruder was a mouse. He was in the wastebasket, eating my leftover snacks.

I was furious and worn out from being unable to sleep. I called the front desk. That's when I discovered the desk was not manned at night. I called the security number. They said their job was just to drive around the property. They couldn't help me. I barely slept the rest of the night.

The next morning, they were able to move me to a traditional hotel room. It was lovely. I felt safe.

I want to stress that I was told my experience was unusual. I spoke at length with a woman who stays alone in a casita quite often. She raves about the place.

I WOULD stay here again, but not in a casita. The staff is lovely. They did what they could. The traditional hotel rooms are great. The owner comped my stay at the casita. I think that was the right thing to do. I didn't ask for it which makes what he/she did even nicer.

The property is pretty and well-located. Breakfast is wonderful. I met many lovely people who were staying there. If I hadn't experience the drunk and the mouse, I would have gladly given this place five stars.

My purpose in writing this is just to let single women know to ask for a hotel room, not a casita. Again I would absolutely, most definitely stay here again. Just not in a casita.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
17  Thank writer262runner
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here with my mother-in-law and adult daughter. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about local restaurants. They referred 3 places for dinner -- we tried each for a variety of offerings -- wonderful recommendations! The location is an easy walk to the plaza. Wil be recommending to friends traveling to Sante Fe soon. On my next trip, I will definately stay here!

Room Tip: Only thing to consider, if you cannot do stairs, ask for a ground floor room. There may be an eleva...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here one night with my wife and daughter, a perfect choice. This property stands out because of it's friendly staff who offered good insight into what to see and how to spend our time in Santa Fe. They gave great recommendations, including dinner at a Mexican restaurant one block away which was well worth it. The atmosphere of the property is very quaint and secluded, and they offer a very nice breakfast in a tastefully decorated patio area.

The walk to city center is very easy and pleasant. I would come back to the property on all of my future visits to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lucerasdad
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The staff here welcomed us warmly and made our stay pleasant. They were helpful in choosing local restaurants and sightseeing destinations. We enjoyed our casita and the delicious fresh breakfast on the patio. The location is an easy walk from the plaza. We would definitely return again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

this little hidden motel may not be fancy to some but we love it. the staff is amazing and very helpful and friendly. It has a great little breakfast everymorning that is included in the price. It is just blocks away from the farmer's market and about a ten minute walk from the downtown square. the rooms are classic sante fe design and always clean and very comfortable. Not a lot of ameneties but a great place to lay your head.

Room Tip: The casitas are nice for a little more privacy
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family