“WHAT A GEM!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground
LONGMONT, CO
“WHAT A GEM!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

This place is the best we have ever stayed in. The space was a pull through and it was not tight at all. They have splor lights on the paths and road so you can walk after dark. The only problem was the shower in the men's bathroom. My father took his shower down there and he never got any hot water. I suggest you use your rig.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JJ2505

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
pittsburgh
Reviewed July 31, 2008

I am always nervous when I make a reservation for a campground so far from home because it is hard to tell what you are in for. This was the best campground of our 3 week RV adventure. We stayed here in a motorhome for 2 nights. There was a clean pool for the kids, free wi-fi, a santa fe movie and a regular movie shown nightly in the "movie theatre" (and yes, it did have seating like a regular theatre), and the kindest owners. They noticed that we were using wi-fi and checked with us often to make sure things were worksZing properly.

The campground is only 5 minutes from Bobcat Bites, home of the #12 hamburger in the country, and 15 minutes from downtown Sante Fe. The staff were more than helpful in giving us maps and highlighting the best driving routes and parking areas for RV's. They couldn't have been nicer. I would highly recommend this campground to anyone looking for a place near Santa Fe.

• Liked — location, friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank coldwaterconch
Santa Fe
Reviewed April 6, 2008

We have stayed here many times and love it. Wonderful wooded park and ideal setting. Staff always friendly and they stopped by our site daily to give our dog a treat. Clean restrooms, close to town. Have stayed at other nearby parks but always come back here. Really like the hiking trail too. We look forward to our next visit.

• Liked — Wooded location
  • Disliked — needs more wifi
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank philipaross
Minneapolis
Reviewed December 19, 2007

This wooded park had a "country" feel that most RV parks lack. Staff very friendly and helpful planning our sightseeing. Dog run and hiking trail were popular with our pets. Pool was closed for the season during our stay. Wi-fi signal was erratic back in the trees, but connection was very good in open areas. Located about 7 miles southeast of Santa Fe along frontage road that is set back a good distance from the interstate.

• Liked — Wooded, country feel. Friendly staff.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed September 9, 2007

My friend and I stayed at Rancheros just a few weeks ago. We had stayed there before with no problems. However this time we had a problem with the quiet hours. We were in a camping cabin and the group camp was near us. The groups who only stay one night were loud both in the morning and almost all night every night. We expressed our displeasure with this with the management. They said the groups were a problem and they couldn't do much about it. Both my friend and I discussed the noise problem with management and then with the group leaders. Nothing was done. We were kept awake until 3:00 AM, not a pleasant thing, and then awakened with Dolly Parton blasting on a CD at 7:05 AM. I asked management to please enforce quiet hours. Because the wouldn't, I asked for an adjustment in my billing. They said they would call me about it. They never did. I called every few days to speak to the manager. No one would ever talk to me about it. So now I am posting a notice that they are not nice, will not enforce quiet hours, and I will tell everyone I know who is going to Santa Fe to stay at the KOA which is actually nicer and cleaner. Skip Rancheros if you want a good nights sleep. You won't get it there.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — The noise and lack of quiet time enforcement.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank BobcatT2
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2007

This campground was o.k. The cabins were not what we expected though. No A/C and 2 double-size bed bunks (FYI-the top bunk had no guard rail, so no good for kids). The cabins and bathroom/showers weren't as clean as some of the other campgrounds we stayed at (KOA Carlsbad-excellent, and KOA Bernalillo-good).

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family