Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$219
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)
$229
$199
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
$219
  • Pool
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Restaurant
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$215
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$147
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$289
  • Pool
All reviewsunderground parkinggreat locationrestaurant upstairsslow barpresidential suitehalf blockwet barwood burningnew mexicocharming hotelsitting areaking bedliving roomhistoric plazamain plazaresort feemini fridge
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many, many times. It used to be called Plaza Real. We always enjoyed it because of excellent service and great location. This trip, however, was very disappointing.

Upon check-in we learned that the hotel's restaurant was closed and had been for sometime. Their website still shows they have a restaurant. Strike 1!

The hotel has its own parking garage, which is a real plus (even at $16 per night) because downtown Santa Fe parking is terrible. Upon returning to the hotel on the second night, we find the parking garage full! When we complained, we were told that they were sorry, but that the staff also used the garage and there are only 42 spaces available and we would have to find a place on the street. Strike 2!

The hotel bar had such a bad guitarist/singer that we had drinks next door rather than endure the sound. The guy had his guitar case on the floor like a street entertainer working for tips. I don't mind tipping good entertainment, but this was very unprofessional. Strike 3!

Oh, and the towels were very worn.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jogjr
Jesse W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear jogjr,
Thank you for your reviewing your stay with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your visit. We are looking to resolve these as soon as possible. We have updated the restaurant information on our website to reflect the closer. As far as the parking procedure, I'm so sorry you were not given an alternative when the lot was full. We do have a procedure that ensures the guests never have to deal with street, or any other parking while staying with us, and I will follow up why that was not offered to you. It is absolutely not OK for the employees to be taking up spaces in the garage and we are implementing new procedures on monitoring this. We do have a new bar manager that is making lots of positive changes in the Low 'n Slow Bar as far as entertainment. We appreciate your feedback and if you ever want to give Hotel Chimayo another chance, we would love the opportunity to make it up to you.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

First the good: clean,convenient to Plaza, third night free makes it more reasonable. The rest: four women ages 57-85 reserved a junior suite plus adjoining room. Coffee machine but paper cups rationed; dishwasher and 2 burner stove but no dishes, cookware, or silverware. Only drink machine for employees and not accessible by guests; restaurant shown on website was closed. Window in living area wouldn't close and bathroom doors stuck badly; reported but never fixed. Floors wonky; staff not personable or overly helpful. The purported boarding pass printing service for guests turned out to be self-serve instead of employee service. Most lighting barely functional. Heating and a/c reported to be accessible for guests to set; what they don't tell you ahead of time is that they set the entire facility to either heat or a/c at their whim after which guests may choose their comfort level from within those parameters. If you are looking for $16. Per night parking on premises and a convenient and clean facility regardless of the deficiencies this may be a good choice for you.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Dollyhome

Dear Dollyhome,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I'm glad you received one of our best promotions and that the location was convenient for your party. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I am looking into the issues you encountered and we are working on getting them resolved. If you return to the area we hope you will give Hotel Chimayo another chance and please let me know if I can do anything to further assist you.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and received a room upgrade which made our vacation even better! Lovely room, helpful desk staff, and obviously a great housekeeping staff as well. Suite was huge, well decorated, comfortable, fireplaces, balconies! Loved the Frette linens and the Gilchrist & Soames soaps/shampoo/lotions. The location alone would make it an excellent place to stay. So much within easy walking distance! If my husband gets tired he can go back to the room while I tour museums, art galleries, shops, art fairs, shop at the Native American vendors, etc. Also plenty of terrific restaurants within an easy walk. No need to fight the traffic. The front desk staff helped me locate supplies to send a package back home. No reason to stay anywhere else. Also, Hotel Chimayo has an on-site bar.

Room Tip: Prices here are considerably less than other hotels within walking distance of the Plaza. So, go ahead and splurge on the best room you can afford.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Excelemv

Dear Excelemv,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hotel Chimayo based on your previous stay with us. I am very glad you enjoyed the hotel as well as what we have to offer in the area. It is our pleasure we were able to give you an upgraded room and I am so happy you enjoyed the accommodations. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Chimayo for a 4-day work trip. Hotel is very nice and fits well with Santa Fe's theme. Rooms are spacious and amenities are average. Prices are reasonable and clean-factor was Ok. Location is great. Very central to Santa Fe's happening area.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank NJA-TA

Dear NJA-TA,
Thank you for your feedback on Hotel Chimayo. We are glad you enjoyed the decor and location of our property. We hope you choose to stay with us again when returning to the area.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My teenage daughter and I went to Santa Fe for a long weekend and I wanted to stay in a hotel that would embody the spirit of Santa Fe - not a big chain hotel. After researching dozens of hotels I decided on this one, based on the location, the atmosphere, and the price, which I felt was a great value.

We drove to Santa Fe and, upon arriving, it was a bit challenging to find a place to park to just to check in but then we were shown where the hotel garage was and, from that point, only used our car once during our stay. There is an additional daily fee for parking but that was the only add-on to our room rate.

I would say the top features of this hotel are definitely the location, character, and cleanliness. The location simply can't be beat for the price - within easy walking distance to all the major attractions in Santa Fe. Also, I am a bit queasy about hotel hygiene but felt very comfortable in this one.

The main downside, which was a 'biggie', was that I had reserved a room with two double beds but ended up with a suite with one king-sized bed. I had even called a couple of days before my trip to confirm our reservation and make sure we got a room with two beds. As soon as I realized we had a room with one king bed I asked to be moved and was told they did not have any more rooms available with two double beds. Major disappointment since I am a light sleeper and my daughter kicks a lot in her sleep! The service desk offered to give us bed linens so we could use the fold out sofa/bed but the cushions on that were hardly comfortable for sleeping. The hotel did "comp" us by waiving the daily parking fee but that still didn't make up for several nights of poor sleep.

The room itself was nice and had fun, local character, It would have been great if not for the major mistake of only having one bed. The bathroom area is tiny, tiny. The toilet/bathtub room is barely large enough to turn around in and the sink countertop was very crowded. We definitely had to take turns using that area but it was, again, very clean. It was nice having a separate living area, which was spacious. The wet bar with fridge also came in handy.

Would I stay there again? I'm not sure I trust them to get my reservation right. Since it is a small boutique hotel, there aren't a lot of alternate options if they get your room wrong.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Alba S

Dear Brazilchild,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at Hotel Chimayo, as well as our location. Cleanliness is extremely important to us, so we appreciate you letting us know it was up to your standards. I'm so sorry you did not receive the room type your reservation was booked for, I can imagine this is very frustrating. If you return to Santa Fe we hope you choose to give us another chance to make it up to you. I would be happy to personally ensure you receive the correct accommodations. Please let me know if I can do anything to further assist you.