“First trip to New Mexico”

Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Dallas, Texas
“First trip to New Mexico”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Coziest hotel ever! Large and spacious rooms, no complaints. The restaurant staff was on point, attentive, fast and welcoming. Lunch/Dinner are great but breakfast is even better. This town is lovely!!

Room Tip: Great for a weekend getaway. The best time to visit is when it snows.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jesse W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Margie C.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you choose Hotel Chimayo for your next visit to Santa Fe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
San Marcos, California
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We have stayed at the Hotel Chimayo twice. On our last visit we switched rooms due to a barking dog in the room next to our Rm. 222. The problem created an opportunity to stay in a pricier room with a fireplace. That was wonderful! Your fire will be built and started by staff. They will bring you additional wood up until 10pm I believe. The bottom line: when combining comfort and location this hotel is hard to beat! Looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: If you want quiet and a fireplace then go for rooms in the back of hotel. We stayed on the third flo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Max H, Regional Assistant General Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Geolorenzo,

First and foremost, thank you for returning to stay with us again at The Hotel Chimayo. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by a barking dog next to you when you first arrived to the hotel. I am glad that we were able to place you in a room type that you have not stayed in before. When the weather changes so frequently and even snows in the middle of May (which is very unusual), I am happy that you were able to get a fireplace room. We look forward to welcoming you back to the City Different and to The Hotel Chimayo for all future stays.

Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on May 2nd and what a beautiful hotel this is. We had room 110 , a suite, really nice.The hotel has a lounge with Jazz and was close to walking everywhere. We had dinner at the Shed around the corner. This hotel is wonderful! The "Shed" is a very well known awesome Mexican food restaurant.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Max H, at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear sandiw,

Thank you for your kind word about the Hotel Chimayo. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the entertainment in our Low And Slow bar. I truly hope that you have found your future hotel on your next visits from Pueblo CO. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Santa Fe.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed five nights in Hotel Chimayo in Santa Fe.

The location was perfect, the unique character of the hotel was charming, and our room was lovely and just right, with a comfortable bed and space for the two of us.

This hotel is not for perfectionists, but for easy going travelers who enjoy the local culture.

We would choose Hotel Chimayo again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank thejoyfulroad
Dear thejoyfulroad,

Thank you for staying with Heritage Hotels and the Hotel Chimayo. I am glad that you found the hotel to stay at when return to Santa Fe in the future. I am happy that you found the hotel to spacious and comfortable. With the hotel only being less than a block from the heart of the plaza. it is a great location to explore Santa Fe.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the City Different.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife, granddaughter and wanted to stay near the plaza on our visit to Santa Fe, and we couldn't have chosen a better place. Hotel Chimayo has accommodating service, large and well-furnished rooms, and is less than a block from the plaza. It doesn't offer breakfast, nor does it have a restaurants, but there are plenty of eating places within minutes of the hotel. It offers parking (indoor) at a reasonable cost ($16/day).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurence A S
Max H, Regional AGM at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear lasomers,
I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in Santa Fe. We do hope to reopen the restaurant within the next few months. The staff and I look forward to having your family stay with us again on your next visit to Santa Fe.
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is one of the most convenient locations to stay in Santa Fe. I enjoy the boutique look of the hotel and while there are some parts I found slightly annoying, the pluses make up for it.

Hotel Chimayo is located right in the heart of the historical, downtown plaza of Santa Fe. There are museums, shopping, and restaurants not even a block away. The beds are comfortable and rooms clean. My boyfriend had originally booked a suite, but something unknown happened and we ended up in a junior suite, however, our room was fine. I appreciated the mood lighting, including the rustic chandelier. I was concerned at first that WiFi was advertised as only available in the lobby, but I had service in my room with no problem. The bathroom door is annoying as the bathroom is tiny, but it wasn't terribly difficult to close it. I was also uneasy when I read a review that the rooms have coffee makers, but no carafe. I discovered that the coffee-maker is suited for the disposable cups provided in the pantry area. I absolutely loved the balcony. My other concern was a traveler who had his or her car broken into in the underground parking lot, but we had no issues with this.

While only a personal obstacle at first, travelers should be aware that there are several flights of stairs, especially leading up to the second floor rooms. I have acute knee pain and was bothered at first because of a hike the first day we arrived. If you have any physical or health limits, be sure to book a lower floor.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Keep in mind the stairs if you have health or physical limits!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PartTimeGypsy
Dear PartTimeGypsy,
Thank you for your candid feedback and for your most recent visit with us. I am glad that you found the location to be very convenient. We advertise that Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Please let me know where it was mentioned that we only provide Wi-Fi in the lobby so that I may change the verbiage. I am sorry that you were placed on the second floor. We would have been happy to have placed you on the first floor or provided other options to make your stay more enjoyable. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with us.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay and the hotel staff made sure of it. They were informative and helpful. The hotel has a very authentic Santa Fe feel and it was so much more meaningful to stay there and experience it. We brought our shih zsu dog and found a great open area within walking distance in front of the local courthouse to take him to recreate and "do his business". If you stay here, don't miss out on some great Northern Italian cuisine at Osteria!! Service was great and food was delectable. Enjoy Nuevo Mexico!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joy T
Dear Joy T,
Thank you for staying with us. We are happy that you found your new home away from home when visiting Santa Fe. I have shared your comments regarding the staff with them. We look forward to having you back as in the not so distant future.