“We stayed for 3 nights in September 2013”

Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Fredericksburg, Texas
“We stayed for 3 nights in September 2013”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We definitely would recommend this hotel , the staff is excellent. Our room was clean and quiet and it is less than one block from the main square of the city. We are planning on returning to Santa Fe next year and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hsbt2
Adrian V, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you HSBT2 for giving us feedback on our guest service!

We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us at the Hotel Chimayo, we loved having you as a guest. As a Heritage property we understand that guest service is one of thee most important aspect of any guests stay, that's why we take the time to hire and train the right people for the job.

As soon as you figure out your plans for next year please contact us so that we can assist you with making your hotel accommodations. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booking in at the last minute will not be the way to approach this Hotel - look for it to be available before you look for any other Santa Fe stays! The cost was perfect for the closeness to the square. The room we stayed in was lovely and the courtyard and balconies a full out experience by themselves. If you are planning an event with several relatives, families - THIS PLACE WOULD BE PERFECT! The owners give a portion of their proceeds to the Chimayo community and have decorated the interior to prompt your quest to learn more about this vibrant and miraculous village just to the north of Santa Fe. The staff was primo; kind and generous in all their interactions. The two restaurants and bar seemed to be doing a lively business and the guest on the patio seating seemed to be enjoying the fare and ambiance. I'll be booking again for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Peggy N
Peggy N. thank you for mentioning our cultural cause!

As a Heritage property, we are proud to be able to help the village of Chimayo. All Heritage properties donate a portion of their room revenue to culturally and artistically significant endeavors. The purpose is to connect our guests with relevant regional cultural causes and provide a richer authentic experience.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with and we would love to have you back as a guest. Again, thanks for sharing your experience.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We love the location with proximity to the Plaza and many of the museums and cultural events. Also we very much appreciate the decor and support of Chimayo, a village which deserves to be enhanced and spotlighted. Although our room had been pre-selected for a second floor Junior Suite, when we arrived (late evening) and the staff at the desk (Alex and a lovely young man at the desk whose name I don't remember) made every effort to move us to a first floor room, since my husband is 90 yrs. old and doesn't need to be climbing steps!). Throughout our stay the staff at the front desk never failed to greet us as we came and went out the front door. Even the men who assisted the ladies in housekeeping did likewise.

Room Tip: When you make your reservation, make your specific needs known so you get the style of room you req...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Frances R
Adrian V, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Francis R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our staff is pleased to here that you enjoyed our hotel and the decor. As you mentioned we do support the village of Chimayo. We assist with the important work of the Chimayo Cultural Preservation Association to aid in its mission of building an archive of historical photographs and documents, gathering of stories, maintaining historic buildings and increasing the community awareness of the unique culture and local history. We take great pride in the fact that we are able to offer this type authentic setting to our guests.

Again, thank you for your feedback. If you ever visit Santa Fe please stop by to visit.

Albuquerque
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed over this past weekend. When I booked my reservation 2 months ago, I was told that if I stayed 2 nights, I would get the third night free. So I booked 4 nights. I had to cancel one night but when I did I asked to make sure I could still get the special rate. I was told "no problem".
I have stayed at this property before. It is centrally located and near the plaza so it is perfect for Santa Fe visits. But it is a lower end hotel so make sure you ask for the upstairs balcony rooms which means hauling luggage up a flight of stairs. If you don't like to use crusty towels or slow drains in the tubs, this isnt the place for you. And be ready to have to park in the street, their garage is usually full. My car was broken into last year in the dirt lot behind the hotel.
When I checked out they charged me for the four nights I stayed. I argued with them about the special they had told me about when I checked in. I was told to go back and look at my confirmation email which of course I had not reviewed. It said that because of Balloon Fiesta that special was not available. Had I known I was going to spend $300 per night, I would have stayed at a higher end hotel.
Hotel Chimayo also owns Hotel St. Francis and Hotel Santa Fe and I have heard about this scam from other guests at those hotels. BEWARE and read your confirmation emails!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
13 Thank ABQgolfdiva
Adrian V, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear ABQgolfdiva,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns during your recent visit to the Hotel Chimayo. We always appreciate when guests take the take to share their feedback. With that said, I hope that you will accept our sincere apologies for the challenges you had with your reservation. We take all of our guests comments and concerns very seriously in order to provide better service to all our guests. Our staff will work diligently to ensure that we provide clear information to our guests so that there is no confusion. Here at the Hotel Chimayo we work hard to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience possible. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope that we can make things right.

Warmest Regards,

Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I and another couple enjoyed two rooms and a three night stay recently at the Hotel Chimayo. The location, near the plaza, the room, with fireplace, and all of the hotel staff were just what we hoped for and then some. Stephanie, at the front desk, was very helpful and accommodating with a last minute change in our room requirements. We would definitely recommend the upper floors, with fireplace for a very nice experience. Many thanks to Stephanie and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bob K
Dear Bob K,

Thank you and your wife for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are all pleased to hear that you and your party enjoyed your time here in Santa Fe. I will be more than happy to share your feedback with our team as there is no better motivation than a job well done. Once again thanks for sharing your valuable feed back and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Santa Fe in the future.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our double room was spacious, clean, comfortable, well equiped and offered a stylish design throughout. One of the best nights sleep by far.

A great location near the town and places to visit.

Underground parking charges $17 per night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback - We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and had a good nights sleep. We offer thee softest linens knows as frette linen sheets. When you great sheets and comfortable mattresses the result is always a great nights sleep. Again thank you for sharing your experience.

Warmest Regards,

Adrian Velarde
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Travelzoo discount eased my regret a bit but I question Travelzoo on calling this hotel a favorite. HVAC was turned off by management decision making the room uncomfortably warm. Fans offered by a notice on the bed were not available. Staff was neither concerned nor helpful. Don't believe the pictures on their website as the rooms are small, dark, old and tired. We did enjoy breakfast in their restaurant. Stayed September 30 - October 2, 2013. Chris Mendrop

Room Tip: Go next door to the Anasazi Hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Chris M
Adrian V, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Chris M, I would like to start off by thanking you for giving us your feedback. We would like to personally apologize for any issues that you had during your stay. Since our weather has been changing and getting cooler we made the decision to switch our system to the heat setting. After reading your review we realized that perhaps it was too soon to make that change and have made the decision to turn on our a/c. I know that this doesn't do much for you since you have checked out but we do care about our guests and always take their feedback into consideration.

If you decide to visit Santa Fe again, please consider staying with us again so that we can prove to you that we are Santa Fe's best and most authentic hotel to stay at.

Warms Regards,