Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsunderground parkinggreat locationrestaurant upstairspresidential suitehalf blockwet barwood burningnew mexicocharming hotelsitting areaking bedliving roommain plazahistoric plazamini fridgechillifireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Charming. Underground parking. Block to plaza. Great breakfast and service. Room was upstairs and felt like in someone's upstairs guest suite in their house. Vet cute and can't beat the value for Santa Fe.

• Stayed: May 2013
Nick S, Director of Operations at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Your review is just as charming! Thank you for taking time to enumerate the positive experience you had. I love that you felt as if you were in someone's house. Ever hotel wants their guests to feel like they are in a "home away from home."
Please visit us again anytime--Tuscon is not that far!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We just returned from our visit to the southwest. One of our 2000 mile drive, was a stop off to Santa Fe, New Mexico. My husband had made a booking mistake, and we ended up, WITH our 12 lb. Terrier, in, sorry to say, a terrible motel with a terrible location.. the Motel Six!!
We stayed the first night, in Motel Six, we had no choice... the next day after arrival, I took a walk with my little dog Patch, and came across the WONDERFUL Hotel Chimayo..
and I am Sooooooo happy I walked into this lovely hotel, fantastic location, and SUPER-Friendly and helpful staff! I booked us in, and THIS entire experience SAVED our trip to Santa Fe from becoming a difficult, depressing visit! I was ready to stay even longer and the room alone, was a vacation in itself! Big personal thanks to Nick S. at the front desk and Kevin in maintenance who went beyond the call of duty to help us!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Alll the rooms are fabulous!! I will add a personal photo! I wish I owned the room we were in!!!
4  Thank RoJa2012
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was by far the largest accommodation we have stayed. It had a large living room, kitchenette,
1 full bath and 1 half bath. A walk-in closet and a TV in living room and bedroom. We were within walking distance of the square as well as the attractions. Shopping was superior to anywhere I have been.

2  Thank pumpkin068
Nick S, Director of Operations at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

I appreciate your comments pumpkin068. It sounds like the extremely close shopping and our large room facilities were just what you were looking for in Santa Fe. It also sounds as if you had one of our Junior Presidential Suites that have kitchenettes and half-bathrooms. Those rooms are very well-appointed and also very rare to reserve due to their popularity. They have some of the most beautiful views our "City Different."
Please come back again soon and have wonderful beginning of the summer months.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel was perfect. We were enchanted by the porches, courtyard, and the hanging peppers. The location was ideal, actually next to a MUCH more expensive hotel that looked about the same, we were within easy walking distance of everything we wanted to do. Two of the restaurants where we already had reservations were practically footsteps away. I can't say enough about the friendly staff. Eric checked us in and then called to make sure we liked our room. He was full of useful tips and actually remembered what we were doing and made sure to ask about it when we returned. Oh, and six big fat pillows on each bed - heaven!

Room Tip: You do have to climb stairs, but ask for a room with a balcony - it's worth the climb!
2  Thank vaughnNashville_Tn

What a wonderful 5-Star review!

Thank you vaughnNashville_Tn, I truly appreciate your comments. I was so happy that we took the time to discuss your plans and adventures. I hope that you were able to enjoy our porch and courtyard as we have had some chilly days in our recent past.
Please let me know if you are able to make your way to Santa Fe in the future. We would love to see you again and so would the comfy pillows!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is an outstanding property so close to the Old Plaza that you can walk easily within a few minutes and be in the midst of sheer beauty surrounded by some of the most glamorous stores in New Mexico. The service is excellent and the ambiance, absolutely warm and charming. Try the courtyard rooms if you like that intimate feel and be sure to stop at the bar for a sangria or a pinya colada. There is not much parking space so if you're driving, be sure to make adequate arrangements accordingly. This will remain the very best travelling experience you'll ever have,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Benjamin B

Dear Benjamin B,

We are so happy to referred to as the "Ultimate Santa Fe New Mexican Traditional Experience." That has to be the nicest phrase for what we strive for here at Hotel Chimayo. Our traditions and culture in Northern New Mexico are everything to us, and we appreciate such a descriptive moniker.
Please call us again when you visit and we will be more than pleased to welcome you back!