“GREAT HOSPITALITY”

Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I am a local and enjoy staying downtown every now and then. Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe is my favorite place. From Jay at the front desk who is always smiling and anxious to accommodate every need to Haley and John in the lounge that always make me feel at home and safe when mixing up the fun flavorful cocktails! Thank you all for always making it such a GREAT experience.

Room Tip: Junior Suite, fireplace softest beds in the world!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank FreddieSueG
Nick S, Director of Operations at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you Freddie Sue G for this outstanding review!

I sounds like Jay, Haley and John were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. Low N' Slow is truly an amazing bar and one of the hidden gems here in Santa Fe. We hope that we will see you in future and please give us a call directly the next time you choose to stay downtown. We love to welcome back repeat guests!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great place. Staff was as nice as they were professional. Rooms were amazing. Mixed drinks at the bar were fantastic. Even though we live in New Mexico already, the atmosphere made it feel like a faraway get away because the hotel was the perfect wedding of resort and native culture. I hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Nick S, Director of Operations at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for posting this very generous 5-Star review Drew A,

I'm glad you enjoyed the mixed cocktails at Low N' Slow. Since you live in New Mexico, maybe you can stop by again for another drink if you are passing through. And on the next visit, please sample our fabulous menu at Tia's Cocina. I promise we won't disappoint when it comes to the Chimayo-inspired flavors. They go perfectly with the drinks!
Give us a call the next time you are traveling to Santa Fe, and we will assist you in making the trip unforgettable again.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Beautiful accommodations just steps from the plaza, fine dining and shopping. Loved the decor from local artists; so many thoughtful touches went into this boutique hotel. It felt like the "true" Santa Fe experience. I can't wait to stay there again.

2  Thank JAM2045
Nick S, Director of Operations at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time you write this generous 5-star review,

I am so pleased you enjoyed our proximity to the plaza. And you noticed how our hotel reflects the spirit and culture of the people of Chimayo. Our hotel is a representation of the small village 30 minutes north of us. The decor in our rooms and lobby has been inspired by their unique flavor here in the northern New Mexico. We are flattered that you have termed us "true." That couldn't be better compliment.

Please let us know when you plan on returning and we will be more than happy to welcome you back. We hope you have an amazing 2013.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband, our two teenage sons, brother and my husband's sister all rendezvoused at Hotel Chimayo for two nights after Christmas and then back again for New Years Eve. Though we've been to Santa Fe on several occasions we had never stayed at Hotel Chimayo. I chose it after reading various reviews. The location is excellent just half a block from the square. Very easy to walk everywhere. The accommodations were perfect for us with my husband and me in the mission junior suite and our sons in the room above us. The internal door was unlocked so we could get to the boys' room without going outside. My brother and sister in law were also very please with their rooms. Loved the fire in the kiva. We all remarked on how great the mattresses are (which is certainly not always the case in hotels) as well as loads of pillows. Staff was friendly and attentive. We will return to Hotel Chimayo on our next visit to Santa Fe!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cadodabe

Dear cadodabe,

I know that you and your family had a wonderful time because I saw how much fun you were having! It was truly an honor to have you and your in-laws with us during the holiday season and I know we will see you again. The family suite seemed like it was made for your party. I am glad it worked out so well.

Please let me know when all of you, or just some of you, would like to visit us again. I will make sure you have an amazing time. Have a great start to the new year!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We absolutely loved our time at Hotel Chimayo this weekend.

From start to finish: The lobby was beautiful; from the moment we walked in, I found it delightful and welcoming. The fire was blazing & the decor was well chosen. Front desk staff was efficient, friendly, articulate, and genuine.

The elevator took us up to our floor (yes there is an elevator, from garage to top floor, not certain why someone would claim otherwise?) and our door opened onto a truly lovely suite. Again, the decor was well chosen and unique, the carpet deep and comfortable, and the furniture inviting. It smelled fresh and clean, and it passed my not-totally-kidding finger-swipe test, even on top of the television cabinet where no one can see.

We went for drinks at the Low'n'Slow Bar downstairs and had a great cocktail. The manager actually ran up to the restaurant and raided their stores for mint so that we could have mojitos. So many places would just say, "Sorry, it's the dead of winter, we don't have fresh mint." But she went completely out of her way for us, and it was appreciated. And the bar, again, is completely beautiful. The wall combo of troweled plaster above and quilted vinyl below is not only fun and funny, but also perfect for the aesthetic of the place.

It was seriously cold in Santa Fe this weekend, I think the forecast was for a low of 8°F. When we climbed into bed I have to admit that I was dubious as to whether the covers would be keeping us warm enough. The comforter was so warm and yet light, so we didn't feel like we were sleeping under a ton of bricks. And the bed was incredibly comfortable. Great night's sleep.

We will definitely stay at Chimayo again!

3  Thank PhotosAndFezzes

Thank you PhotosandFezzes for this exciting 5-star review!
It sounded like you were able to enjoy all that our hotel has to offer. Even though it was cold, I am sure that our fireplaces and beds were a comfort to have each evening. I an also pleased you had an exemplary experience at the Low n'Slow bar. Our staff goes above and beyond to make everyone feel right at home.

We hope to see you in future when staying in Santa Fe. Give us a call directly and our reservationists will be more happy to assist you.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had planned to stay at the Hotel Chimayo for two days but my wife got ill and we thought it best to return to Denver for her to get better. The hotel staff was very understanding and helpful and allowed us to leave without being responsible for the second day that we had reserved. In addition, the facility was outstanding and the staff very helpful. We hope to get back soon.

Mark P and Betsy A.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DenverMtnman
Nick S, Director of Operations at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

I am so sorry that you were sick on your vacation. I hope you are feeling better now and the trip back home wasn't too stressful. I am glad you chose to stay with us and hopefully we will welcome you again. Please give us a call for the next trip and we will assist you in making a new reservation. Come back anytime!

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a great experience at dinner. Great for family and a night out with loved ones. I highly recommend it. The bar downstairs seemed like a lot of fun if we had been out without the kids! We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Rglace

Thanks Rglace for the 5-Star review!

It sounds like you had fun while with us. I hope that you and your family are able to return during the summer months. There is a lot of outside family activities that are steps away from our door. Have a wonderful new year and see you again in Santa Fe!