“Really good location”

Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I were quite pleased with our stay in a junior suite at the hotel.
The location was as good as it gets. All the workers were helpful and the service was excellent. The wifi reception was poor in our suite though and I had to use the
hotel computer in the lobby. We would certainly stay again if the wifi situation is
improved.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank homerdee
There are newer reviews for Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Loved this hotel. Was on a business trip so got an awesome govt. rate. Right by the plaza, so great location. Rooms were large, although the bathroom would have been too small had I had a roommate. Bathrooms were a bit dark. Staff was friendly. Now, my only large complaint would be do NOT stay in room 201 or 101. These rooms are right next to the kitchen and/or bar area and it is very noisy. Good thing I always travel with ear plugs. Otherwise, this is an awesome hotel that I would definitely stay in again.

Room Tip: Do NOT choose 201 or probably 101 or 301. These are next to kitchen/bar areas.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank TexChick66
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 12 days. Both business and pleasure. I've been staying there for a number of years. The remodeling was done with such detail; the rooms are first class. The Chimayo blanket and pillow, the photographs and the wooden crosses are beautiful. And of course the beautiful flowers and chile ristras outside. I would leave the room and return everyday to a perfectly made up room when I returned. Never had a complaint about the room. The restaurant is great - can't beat their heuvos rancheros with red chile!!! The bar downstairs is a nice place to stop for sangria in the evening. I walked everywhere because it is so centrally located. Excellent staff. This is my favorite hotel and I will always return.

Room Tip: Try the huevos rancheros with red chile for breakfast and sangria in the evening.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank martha790
Reviewed August 21, 2012

For downtown Santa Fe, this hotel is moderately priced and very convenient. There's a very good restaurant, most of the staff are very friendly and helpful, there's parking, and it's just off the plaza. After some basic remodeling last year, the rooms are not as dark, although the bathrooms in some room floorplans are miniscule. I personally think the crosses and altars are overdone, and having dogs in hotel rooms is filthy (I saw a dog throw up on the couch in the lobby, after which the owner walked out with the dog, without making any effort to clean it up). But this is a very nice place to stay that allows you to save some money for other activities while visiting Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Some rooms have much larger bathrooms. Rooms on upper floors and away from Washington Street are qu...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank art-n-stuff
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was our first stay at Hotel Chimayo and we were so disappointed. The bathrooms are small and dark. I dusted the TV because it was so gross. The coffee maker in the room had filters that did not fit it. When I called the desk, I was told that they had other complaints, but, after the room was cleaned that day.....the same oversized filter was left once again. We only got two towels and had to call down for more. We were told more than once that there was no room in the parking garage for our car. When we said "unacceptable" and they let us in, there were spots available. (this was during Indian Market and parking was at a premium)
On the up side, the location is great, the reception staff were very pleasant, but, the extra $450.00 a night was not totally not worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Colorado1_12
HHandR, General Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Valued Guest;
I truly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during you stay at Hotel Chimayo. Our coffee comes complete with filters and no additional filter should have been necessary however I will research this based on your experience. The cleanliness issues you experienced are unacceptable and I will be working with our staff to ensure the highest level quality. I thank you for the comments and taking the time to let us know so we can continue to train our staff to provide the best experience at our beautiful Hotel Chimayo.

Sincerely
General Manager - Hotel Chimayo

Reviewed August 15, 2012

One visits Santa Fe to experience our diverse American culture and learn about the mixing of heritages that makes our country unique. This jewel of a hotel in central Santa Fe offers all that in its Spanish, southwest Indian and Catholic Mission room decor that was enchanting from the exterior and the room itself. The staff encompasses also that West and frontier hospitality, and they couldn't have been more accommodating.
Our trip was to introduce our grandchildren to this part of the American experience and history, and we loved that the Hotel Chimayo gives back to their Santa Fe heritage in advertising it, supporting it and obviously being very proud of it. Food is also an important part of this experience, and Tia's Cocina grows its own chiles and offers an excellent New Mexico cuisine, also uniquely American.
Oh, by the way, the bed was comfortable, the room quiet, the wi-fi worked and all that banal stuff, but this hotel offered so much more that is Santa Fe, that we would wholeheartedly recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank phylliss33
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Upon walking into the hotel after a turbulent and tiring flight, we instantly felt calm and relaxed. The bar immediately across from the reception desk provided us with two exceptional margaritas while we checked in. The room, though furnished with just the basics, was roomy, and well laid out. It had a large balcony overlook the street below.

The hotel is right in the middle of everything happening in Santa Fe. The reception clerk gave us two excellent restaurant recommendations.

The prices, the location, the friendly and helpful staff, and the nice room layout make this a place I can't wait to visit again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family