“Great comfy place to stay”
Review of Inn on the Alameda

Inn on the Alameda
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Nyssa, Oregon
“Great comfy place to stay”
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Cute Inn. By looking at their website & getting there, it was as it said it was. They did have the lavish breakfast, served with pleasant staff. They were always were there to help you any way they could. The range of people that were there varied from couples with kids to retired people. They were pleasant to all.
The rooms were clean & the products were ok.
Location was great for the short walks to the downtown area & some local dining spots.
I would stay here again.

• Liked — How everyone was treated the same way, young or old. Friendly people, didnt find many of them in town.
  • Disliked — the little bugs that come with the Santa Fe dessert. (the inn cant help it, they just are there!!)
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Susan B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
CT
Reviewed August 20, 2007

We only stayed one night as we booked our trip to Santa Fe at the last minute and this was the only night the hotel was available. Turned out to be wonderful as it was Friday night and we walked around the corner and visited the art galleries who were having open houses. We really enjoyed the people watching as well as seeing a lot of galleries we wouldn't have walked into otherwise. Even my 8 yr old son had a good time. The hotel definitely has a great location!

The check in people were very welcoming and offered excellent advice on what to do in Santa Fe. The breakfast buffet was incredible- fresh fruit, quiche, danish, everything you could want. And we enjoyed the free wine and beer hour after we checked in. I had the best sangria I've ever had and the even got the recipe when I asked. The other special touch was a wonderful hot tub that we enjoyed that night all by ourselves watching the stars. A truly magic experience.

The room was fine, clean and the bed comfortable. We also enjoyed watching the sunset from our balcony and I sat out there to read the next morning too. A very nice experience!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
8 Thank Deb191
baltimore
Reviewed August 19, 2007

This hotel has charming courtyards . We stayed in a delux king room that was large with a private, althought tiny, courtyard. There were also general courtyards. Although our room was on the street side, we found it to be quiet. One of the reasons we choose this hotel was because of the quest laundry facilities. It was coin operated and located in a little room that was clean You could buy laundry supplies out of another machine so you didn't need to bring anything. They have bright and cheerful dining/sitting areas. I am not a big breakfast person, but my husband enjoyed the buffet breakfast.

Stayed August 2007
4 Thank BaltimoreGrizzy
New York
Reviewed August 14, 2007

My husband I chose the Inn on the Alameda after lots of research using this site. We booked well in advance, and were fortunate enough to get a room during this busy season. We stayed in suite #160, which has a private entrance and is absolutely lovely! There was a huge tub that was so deep that I had trouble getting in and out of. Probably just because I'm short:) I cannot say enough about the staff and service at the Inn. Jose at the front desk was particularly helpful and friendly. We especially loved the bed linens, which were so soft and cozy. The breakfast buffet was also a special treat and unlike most continental breakfasts I've had. We only made it to the wine and cheese reception once, but we enjoyed that as well. I highly recommend this Inn to anyone and would love to go again.

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank spundar78
Tucson,AZ
Reviewed July 16, 2007

Stayed At Inn on the Alameda July 15, 16, 2007. Property is very fresh, with beautiful grounds and furnishings. Very clean and well cared for. Our room had a small but ample patio with two chairs and a table. Beds were comfortable. Complimentary breakfast and afternoon wine a cheese hour are not to be missed. Try the special recipe Sangria. Easy walk to the plaza plus free parking. Quiet and friendly. An excellent value especially considering location and the freebies!

Stayed July 2007
4 Thank maranasam
South Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Just spent two nights at the Inn on The Alameda and was very pleased with the experience.

Our stay was very pleasant; the staff was knowledgeable and helpful. Our room was comfortable and very quite. No problems at all. We did visit during the recent "record heat wave" so I did wish the Inn was closer to the Plaza. But the location for Canyon Road definitely a plus.

Enjoy the afternoon wine & cheese , the bartender is a gem. The deluxe continental breakfast. was just perfect. Wonderful to sit outside under a tree on the patio sipping coffee in the early morning before the sun heated up. The complimentary parking was also a plus.

Definitely would recommend the Inn to all.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ConnieCane
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Ruined birthday weekend/probably last trip to Santa Fe.
This establishment doesn't even deserve a rating, but "poor" and 1 star was all the system allowed me to rate it.
I booked a stay for my husband and myself back in March 2007 for a 3 night stay beginning July 13th (my birthday).
I booked a "casita suite" with a sitting area, kiva fireplace, wet bar area, king bed and the smallest bathroom we have ever been in.
We checked in a little early on the 13th (3pm). When we got to Room #130, we immediately noticed it was on the corner of the busiest intersection in Santa Fe. At 3pm on Friday afternoon this intersection was non-stop with dump trucks, construction trucks, low riders with loud music, 18 wheelers, etc. You could hear people sneeze while walking along the street outside this "casita". My husband immediately went to the front desk and asked that we be moved to another room. He was promptly told there were no more rooms available. So we had no other choice but to stay the night (they had already charged a full night on our cc). We immediately tried to find another hotel for the next two nights and were not successful. Everything in Santa Fe was booked because of the Folk Art Festival taking place that weekend. We were stranded and at their mercy. The Assistant Manager and two men on duty at the time we arrived were not sympathetic (actually smerked at us) and could have cared less. We had also booked a reservation at "Geronimo's Restaurant" back on March 22nd, for my birthday celebration that night at 8pm, through the "concierge" at the "Inn on the Alameda". We got suspicious about our reservation (because the front desk did not mention it when we checked in). We promptly found out we DID NOT have a reservation after all. We were told the "Inn on the Alameda" DOES NOT have a concierge and the person I made the "reservation" with must have been one of the front desk people. The Assistant Manager told us she was "SORRY" and getting a reservation for that evening was probably not possible. By this time, our weekend was basically in the "toilet".They somehow managed to find us a reservation at 9pm for dinner, but we weren't seated until 9:45pm and the restaurant was clearing out by the time we ordered our food.
We came back to our "hotel room on the highway" and listened to low rider cars with music that shook the windows of our room until 12:30am. Somewhere before 4am we slept, then we were awakened by the garbage trucks and construction trucks and people walking by our casita. My husband had enough and told them he wanted to talk to the Manager. We promptly checked out, got our money back for the "worst night of our life" and drove back to Texas. I would like to ask the staff at the "Inn on the Alameda".."'have you ever spent the night in the "casita #130"? This hotel is nothing but an over priced Motel 6. They claim to have a Concierge (NOT) and they don't offer or have anyone to help you with your luggage.Their staff and Assistant Manager are rude. SHAME ON YOU AND THANKS AGAIN FOR RUINING OUR LAST WEEKEND IN NEW MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE HAD ONE BAD MEAL, THE NIGHT FROM HELL....and worst of all, I didn't even get to shop in Santa Fe or eat at some of our favorite restaurants!!!!!

• Liked — Getting our money back for the one night we spent in Hell! We had to wait until the next day to talk to the Manager.
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple