WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Inn on the Alameda

Inn on the Alameda
Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Denver, Colorado, United States
“A beautiful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have stayed at Inn on the Alameda many times over the years. It is a beautiful place and well maintained. The staff are excellent and the location cannot be beat. I will be there again I am sure and I look forward to it every time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

2 Thank Kathy Y
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share your enjoyment of the Inn with others.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay in Santa Fe. The overall quaint and characteristic charm of the inn was very welcoming. The staff were friendly and helpful and we loved both the wine and cheese hour and fabulous breakfast! The location is also a plus. We were able to enjoy the town center without having to worry about driving/parking. If I return to Santa Fe I would definitely book at the Inn on the Alameda!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing with others your enjoyment of the Inn, we hope you will consider making Santa Fe and annual family trip.

Happy Travels.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Spent 3 nights and we were very pleased. The room was good, the bed and pillows very comfortable, the sheets and towels good. The rooms patio was small but we enjoyed sitting out there and reading. The best was having breakfast outside on the hotel's patio in the morning and lingering in the shade with a cup of coffee enjoying the breeze. The location was perfect within walking distance of the Plaza and the galleries on Canyon street. The staff was very courteous and helpful, always giving good directions and suggestions.
The best part in making reservations was that when I called, I was not transferred to a call center I actually made them through a man who works at the hotel. It makes the experience so much better.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you have trouble with stairs and luggage then be sure and get 1st floor r...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with others. We sure appreciate all our loyal guests.

See you next time.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We have been to this Inn at least 20 times over the years. While the prices have increased over time (what hasn't), the charm and the services continue to delight us. The rooms are generously sized and have virtually every amenity. Their breakfasts are great and their wine and cheese happy hour are appreciated as well. And the location -- within walking distance of the center of town -- is terrific.

Don't miss this place!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Elliot J
Thank you so much for taking your time to share with others your overall love of the Inn, we are so appreciative of your outstanding loyalty over so many years.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Erie, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

I spent a long weekend at the Inn on the Alameda with a friend for a girlfriends getaway. There are lots of great things about this hotel. The rooms are comfortable and the beds are very comfortable. The closet is kind of narrow, but there were plenty of hangers. The decor is southwest and felt authentic. The bathroom is small and the amenities are limited to shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The towels are the nicest I've had anywhere at any price point. The shower however had the worst pressure of anywhere. It took at least twice as long to shower because of this. The wine and cheese hour was very nice and the wine was decent with several choices. The included breakfast was mediocre. There was a decent French toast casserole but they gave the tiniest piece. We chose to eat offsite for two of our three mornings. The bartender was nice and made good drinks. Honestly, everyone in Santa Fe was so nice, including all the hotel staff. Our massages included in our package were great. The complimentary shuttle was a nice surprise. The location can't be beat, close to both the Plaza and Canyon Road. The only real glitch we encountered was when checking out. We split the bill and gave them two credit cards. My charge was correct but my friend was charged one and a half times the bill. They said they would credit her when she called about it, but they told her, "That's what happens when hours split the bill. Really? The other thing that was a little frustrating was that I left my iPad charger in the room. They were happy to send it back to me, but could not tell me how much it would be. She said she had no idea. Since a new one was $20 I said never mind and just bought a new one. My fault for leaving it there, but they could be able to give you at least a ballpark of how much it will cost.
Overall we were happy with our choice of the Inn on the Alameda for our girlfriends getaway.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share with others everything you enjoyed about the Inn a couple of area's where we might improve.

The shower head will be checked and corrected as a slow stream of water is not the norm.

I do want to clarify what seems to be confusion over splitting the charges. When you and your friend checked out our front desk agent charged the card on account, when you asked to split the bill our front desk agent had to credit the full amount back to the cc on file in order to split the bill between both of your cards equally and respectively. Your friends folio did indeed show the full amount, then a credit for the full amount then the correct 1/2 charge this was all processed on the day of checkout so while I understand the charges may have looked confusing, we never tripled charged.

I will certainly make sure the staff is able to better communicate what may be a confusing transaction, and "I don't know" is never an acceptable answer, I do apologize.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Santa Fe
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

I had only booked one night at the Inn and my girlfriend and I liked staying there so much, we decided to see if we could stay another couple of nights. The location is wonderful and we were within walking distance of the plaza and all of the great restaurants and shopping there, as well as canyon road, with all of the beautiful art galleries. I talked to a wonderful gentleman in management who worked with me and gave me such a good deal on the extra two nights! All of the staff were courteous and friendly as well. I will definitely stay there again and I recommend the Inn on the Alameda to anyone!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms

1 Thank Matt_rat60
So glad to hear how much you enjoyed your weekend at the Inn, thank you for sharing with others.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Oro Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Beautiful property, perfect location, friendly staff, and best bartender in Santa Fe!

The brunch was delicious, and the wine offerings at the nightly wine and cheese party were plentiful.

Next time we go to Santa Fe we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Bill K
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing with others your enjoyment of our all inclusive amenities, including our wine and cheese hour and breakfast . So happy to hear we have enthusiastically earned your return visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.