New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Inn on the Alameda

Inn on the Alameda
Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Tyler, Texas
“Best stay ever in Santa Fe...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

There are not enough good things to say about this Hotel/Inn. I could go on and on. The staff, accommodations, service, ammenities...priceless. I've visited Sante Fe several times and I can say that I have found my favorite Hotel/Inn. Stayed 3 nights in room #254. The room and all of the public areas were spotless and spot on!!! My large balcony was a treat, and gas fireplace a huge bonus. Free parking, WiFi, and most delicious breakfast were over-the-top! Not to mention the easy walking distance to the Plaza, and all of surrounding downtown. They also have evening wine/sangria/cheese/cordial hour, but unfortunately, I was not able to participate (out shopping). I will definately make this my go to Hotel/Inn on future trips. They have it all!

Room Tip: Book a delux room with fireplace and balcony, but better yet, a suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Larry1962
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your enjoyment of the Inn with others. It is a pleasure to read such an enthusiastic review. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
PAYSON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Location was the reason I chose the Inn. We enjoyed the relaxing breakfast time and the wine and cheese. Can't say anything about the restaurant as we didn't go there. We were only there
2 nights. Would like to have stayed longer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank 13JEAN13
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share your enjoyment of the Inn's amenities with others.
On your next visit I hope you will be able to enjoy a meal or a desert in our lounge, we continue to get rave reviews on Chef Jen's cuisine.

Until next time, happy travels.
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent. And the service of each staff member couldn't be better!The breakfast was better than ok, but not great. The hot options, and most everything else remained the same for all four days. The fresh fruit selection was also limited. The daily wine and cheese hour was a very nice touch. We stayed in a two bed balcony room, which was nice, but seemed like a bit to much furniture was in it. I'm sure with only one bed the room would feel "roomier". There was plenty of closet speace and hangers. The amenities were all top-notch. The sheets, comforters, and robes were crisp and comfortable. Wish they had slippers! I did not take advantage of their shuttle, which I'm not sure how that operated.
The rooms seemed to have thin walls, at times we heard our "neighbors". We had dinner, and the food varied from great to ok, prices were good. My main criticism would be, there seemed to be a range of room prices depending on where and when you booked. I did the pay-in-advance via the hotel's website, and disccovered closer to my arrival date a cheaper package/promotion was available. I was offered half-price cultural passes to compensate. In summary, I was pleased with my Inn on the Alameda experience, and when I return to Santa Fe, would probably stay there again, dependent on price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your candid review of the Inn. Our courtesy vehicle is available for shuttle service in approximately a 3 mile radius of the Inn, by request at the front desk. Many guests prefer to take advantage of the courtesy vehicle to visit Museum Hill and for evening dinner destination, much simpler than jockeying for parking and no need for designated driver.

We do on occasion sent our e-mails for special promotions, however when you are looking for the best rate it is always a good idea to call our reservation experts direct at the Inn.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Santa Fe.
West Newbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is my second stay at the Inn on the Alameda and both times have been wonderful. We had a balcony room and it was large and very comfortable. Breakfast is delicious and their "happy hour" is a great touch - free wine, cheese, etc. We also had dinner one evening at the Inn and their chef, Jen, is a very creative, fabulous chef. Everything was delicious. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The inn is a very short walk to the Plaza. I would highly recommend anyone visiting Santa Fe to stay at the Inn on the Alameda.

Room Tip: We liked the second floor with balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed our improvements to our complimentary breakfast, and the addition of our evening light menu in the Agoyo Lounge. Chef Jen is certainly making her mark at the Inn, thank you for your hearty thumbs up on all that makes the Inn special.
Carmel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Everything was perfect about this hotel. Great staff, lovely room and bathroom, excellent location and delicious breakfast. Just sorry that the hot tub near our room was closed for maintenance. We would definitely stay here again and have already recommended the Inn on the Alameda to friends.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your gracious review of the Inn and your recommendation to your friends.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Santa Fe.
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at the Inn for 3 nights and were very satisfied. Our room and bathroom were kept nice and clean and we had very comfortable beds and pillows. The Inn is very quiet and has a great location - walking distance to the plaza, cathedral, great restaurants and shops. Breakfast was good and the staff was super friendly. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: The Inn has no elevator so we chose a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Every time I come to Santa Fe I try to get my favorite room at the Inn. It always feels like home away from home. Last time because of cancelled flights I checked in at 2:30 am and was greeted graciously in the middle of the night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your late night arrival experience, the night auditor seldom has opportunity to shine so I am pleased to hear that the the same high level service received during normal check in hours was enjoyed by you at 2:30 in the morning.

Happy Travels and we look forward to your next visit.