Inn on the Alameda
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$244
$219
  • Restaurant
$319
$244
  • Pool
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$131
$95
  • Breakfast included
Eldorado Hotel & Spa(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$185
$167
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$149
Orbitz.com
2,620 results
All reviewswine and cheesecanyon roadhappy hourquichewine hourfree parkingbreakfast buffetevery afternoondeluxe roomshort walkart galleriesperfect locationwithin walking distanceshuttle servicean easy walkprivate patiowonderful stay
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The first weekend in March two of my friends and I flew in to Santa Fe (well, actually, Albuquerque) for a fun-filled couple of days. We only get to see each other every few years, and chose the Inn on the Alameda for our get together.

We wanted some place central so we could walk everywhere, and we wanted something where the three of us could talk well into the night (we knew it would happen, like I said, we only see each other every few years) and not have to go out into the hallway and around etc. Ideally we would have liked something like a one bedroom suite with an extra pullout sofa in the living area.

I looked at several lovely places in the area, but ultimately settled on the Inn on the Alameda. I think a number of other places would have worked out too, but here is what settled it. Every single interaction I had with the Inn on the Alameda, both before we arrived and while we were there, they were just so helpful and (seemingly) interested in our having a great time. I can't say this enough. The staff at the Inn on the Alameda are what made it so special in my opinion.

When I called to talk to them about what I wanted, they spent time on the phone and advised what they thought would work best (and no, it wasn't the most expensive option). They gave me a few other tips as well. And, two weeks before we were due, they sent us a really nice Santa Fe Guidebook. When one of our group was going to arrive much earlier than the rest of us, I called and put her on the reservation and they were very nice and accommodating, never acted put out.

The rooms are very nice, the beds very comfortable, nice amenities. There is a wine and cheese happy hour from four to five every evening, and the Happy Hour Guy (as we dubbed him) was just a sweetheart, and it was a real social hour . People weren't sitting in their corners, they were chatting and sharing their days.

The breakfast is included, and is decent. There's quite a spread and you should be able to find something to satisfy you, from sweets to egg dishes to healthy stuff. The Breakfast Lady (we couldn't remember any names, we are terrible people) was also a total sweetheart.

We got adjoining rooms, one with two queens and one with a queen. The rate per room, per night, was $210.

It is right around the corner from Canyon Road, and very easy walking distance to The Plaza.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have been to Santa Fe several times over the years and this was our first time at Inn on the Alameda. As other reviewers have noted, we were struck with the extremely friendly service, lovely atmosphere (guest rooms and common areas are well-appointed and comfortable), sumptuous breakfast, and good location. These, plus a reasonable price, were an unbeatable combination in this lovely city. My husband noted that the front-desk reception (even after we requested a room change) was the nicest and most gracious he had experienced in a very long time. We also enjoyed the exercise room and the jacuzzi and a running trail along the river, right across the street. This is now our Inn of choice in Santa Fe!

Room Tip: Upper floor room with balcony was worth the few extra dollars
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan W, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Dhuds,

So very glad to hear that your recent stay with us was so positive. There are no sweeter words than glowing compliment to our well deserving staff; after all – every hotel is merely a building – but what truly separates the good from the great are the people who work there. We are so very proud of our exceptional people and each of us look forward to your return.

Jonathan Wise

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We are regular visitors to the Inn. One of the primary attractions had been the aesthetically pleasing, inviting and comfortable breakfast area. My wife and I enjoyed leisurely tasty breakfasts while chatting and reading the morning newspapers. At our recent visit we were dismayed to see nearly all of the four top tables replaced by 26 elbow to elbow seats of which 14 are at one high table. The chairs around the table are similar to bar stools, the kind where your feet do not reach the floor. There is not enough space to put a newspaper on the table while eating and there are no private conversations for guests in those seats. The new arrangement may appeal to people traveling solo and looking for company while reading the news on an iPhone, but couples on vacation may be disappointed. The good news is that the staff still ranks among the friendliest and most helpful of any.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jonsandcastle
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked through expedia. When we arrived, it was early so rooms weren't ready. The front desk promised they would call us as soon as room was ready. No call for hours. We came back. "oh, we were just going to call you"--yeah, right. Gave us the crappiest room on the property (#104, fyi). We asked to see other rooms and were told that our best choice was to just get two rooms for what we needed. WEll, great for them, right? Then they tried to nickel and dime us on the second room! We asked for late check out, but then cleaning crew was not informed and busted into our room WITHOUT knocking and insisting on cleaning--very unsettling.
On a good note, the breakfast and wine hour are fantastic. Everyone is nice. Construction was underway, but wasn't really a problem.
Bottom line, choose your room wisely. We ended up in 209 and 214 and liked both of those, but keep in mind, the rooms are truly just average (small, low water pressure, dark).

Room Tip: Go for at least the second floor. Rooms with fireplaces looked pretty nice, but weren't available for our stay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Michele K
Jonathan W, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Michelle K,
Firstly, allow me to express my sincere apologies that your stay with us apparently did not live up to your expectations, and for that we are truly sorry.

However, I hope you will allow me a moment to respond to a couple of comments that you have made.

While it was true that you and your family arrived before our confirmed check in time of 4pm, our records show that even with the change in rooms, we still managed to make good on our promise to check you in on time as the latest check in time was recorded as 3:55pm. We certainly do whatever we can to accommodate early arrivals, however during busy times; we are often unable to guarantee this.

While I am certainly sorry that you were not pleased with room #104, I would have to agree with you that for 2 adults and 2 teenagers, it would seem unsuitable. It is one of our smaller rooms and more suited to 2 guests rather than 4. In fact, we do not allow more than 3 adults per room and I can only assume that perhaps Expedia was unclear of our booking polices – otherwise, they might have recommended that you to reserve 2 rooms from the start.

I am very sorry that you felt “nickel and dimed” in having to take a second room – again, that was certainly not our intention and was as a direct result of having 4 adults. I am encouraged, however, that our staff offered to upgrade one of the rooms at no additional charge and offered the second room at a discounted rate for the inconvenience.

I can find no suitable explanation or excuse for our housekeeping staff entering your room unannounced even if a late departure was confirmed. This should never happen and I have reviewed this issue with housekeeping staff to avoid this any time in the future.

It is always our primary goal for you and your family to have a truly wonderful experience at the Inn on the Alameda – and clearly in this case, we did not live up to expectations. If you do not feel I have responded appropriately to your concerns or if there is anything further that I can do to address this past experience and encourage you to give us another opportunity, I do hope you will reach out to me directly.

Many kind thanks,

Jonathan Wise

Reviewed March 24, 2013

If your budget allows, enjoy the clean, nicely decorated rooms - but make the most of the public space with its friendly, attentive staff for more than just the complimentary quality breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese.
I would give 5 but for the relative cost, even though we were in the cheapest rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple