“Love it.”
Review of Inn on the Alameda

Inn on the Alameda
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our favorite place to stay in Santa Fe.

Quaint. Cozy. Perfect location.

Within walking distance to just about everything. If your an artist or gallery lover, Canyon Road is literally right up the street. Downtown and the plaza are also within walking distance. Even the railyard district is within walking distance if you're "a walker."

The suites (casitas) are the only way we go. A private entry/patio area. A private back patio. Your own kiva. Privacy. Perfect.

For an inn/hotel, the breakfast is wonderful and even includes organic options (which I love), gluten-free options and even homemade red chile sauce from the local staff (try it).

Can't go wrong, really.

Room Tip: Go with the private suites.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

+*****Clean and Comfortable
+*****Location
+*****Beds
+*****Continental Breakfast/Cocktail Hour

If I could add more green dots to the overall rating bar for this hotel, I would! So I added my own stars!

We were invited by one of the staff members to attend his Pueblo's dance AND to come and eat with his family! We did check it out but unfortunately didn't get to have a meal with his family, this time. The experience was incredibly powerful and spiritual for me! It was very cold but I didn't care! Watching Native Americans in their element and the opportunity to share in their culture was on of the things I can now cross off my bucket list! The best part of this trip was receiving the gift of a lifetime - becoming friends with them! I can't wait to go back and learn more!!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ItsHoku
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wonderful smaller inn with an intimate atmosphere and great, caring staff. Good location with excellent breakfasts, afternoon cocktail hour, and a cozy lobby to relax in should you want to simply be by the fireplaces. We enjoyed our 4 nights here in January, 2013 and would return again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was our first visit to Santa Fe -- we had a tough time choosing where to stay -- but we are so glad to have stumbled upon this gem! From the moment we booked our room, we were impressed with the staff. The person who took my reservation asked me if I wanted any tips about sights/restaurants when we called! And the moment we checked in we were treated with an early check in (they allowed us to check in at 11am!!! The usual check in time is 4pm!!!)

We stayed in the Deluxe King Suite -- basically has a living room with a fireplace (loved this and used it EVERY day!!), then double doors to the bedroom (which also has a TV). The bed is very comfortable. The rooms are clean and decorated in the usual southwest decor. The rate includes daily breakfast (assorted breads/pastries/cereals, quiche, stuffed croissants, etc) from 7am-11am and wine and cheese hour 4-5pm. These were great treats!! Also parking is free and plentiful.

The hotel is a few blocks from Canyon Road and the town square. The only negative is that it is an Inn. So, one night when we needed more fire starters my husband had to walk to the front desk (20 degrees out-- prob wouldnt mind in warmer weather) which is about half a block away. . . other than that everything was wonderful!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelingmds
Reviewed January 16, 2013

So much more than just a hotel. Fantastic, friendly staff, excellent customer service. It started a few hours after I booked my room on-line. The manager called to verify I was staying three days, then talked about the "3rd night special" rate that would save me money (no catch, just saved money, for the same accommodations). Then 3 weeks prior to travel, they mailed me a really nice almost 300 page guide, "Inside Santa Fe." When we checked in, the manager came over and personally greated us. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and very helpful with restaurant information. The hotel complex (consisting of several buildings) was very nicely decorated in typical Southwest decor. Very clean. The Keurig in the room was a nice touch. We stayed in a King Delux room. Very spacious, very comfortable bed, with a desk and sofa (sleeper). Wine & cheese from 4-5 pm daily with a very friendly server. Bar stays open afterward thru the evening. Each building has a nice lobby, exercise room, hot tub spa, etc. Breakfast was well beyond most hotel's free breakfast. Quiche, breakfast burrito, stuffed croissants were restaurant quality, wide assortment of pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc, etc. Gluten free and dairy free offerings as well. And Great Coffee! Parking is free (rare among downtown hotels). Located a block from the start of the Canyon Rd galleries, a short walk to the plaza and downtown restaurants. Definitely will stay here on my next trip to Santa Fe.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

What really sets the Inn apart is the friendly, helpful service - every staff member is wonderful and you feel very welcome. Another difference is the food: Included in the room rate is a buffet breakfast with good choices (including delicious hot quiche), serving until a late 11:00, which is appreciated when on holiday. A wine and cheese hour was held in the afternoon, a great way to take a break from the sightseeing and shopping. Staying over Xmas, the Inn also treated us with cookies and wine as a holiday special - very nice.

We stayed in a second-floor basic room and it was very clean, good size, and functional. Most important, the bed was very comfy! My only reasons for not rating the Inn excellent is that I would have preferred a more sophisticated interior design (especially is such an art-oriented community) and there was a bit of noise between floors (just a result of construction). However, for the money, it's a value.

If I were to return to Santa Fe, I would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: If noise is a problem for you, take a top floor room, as there is some noise between the floors from...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We've been to Santa Fe for years (we're native) and yet the Inn has escaped us. No more. We stayed here three nights. Really friendly staff. Quaint, but had all we needed. Rooms were clean and renovated/ updated. Nice expanded continental breakfast with options for those of need (gluten free, non-dairy, etc.). A simple two-block walk to the Plaza. Plenty of parking. Wine and Cheese reception. Nice fireplaces in the Lobby to relax you. Not a busy place, just right, we would say. We will be back. Enjoy.

Room Tip: The Inn is adjacent to Alameda Avenue, so I suppose the further away you get the better, but we had...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family