Inn on the Alameda
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $220/night.

Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
$199
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

$189
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$161
$197
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$249
$179
$319
  • Pool
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$161
$134
Travelocity
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$178
$167
Travelocity
2,662 results
All reviewscanyon roadwine and cheesehappy hourquichewine hourfree parkingbreakfast buffetevery afternoonart galleriesdeluxe roomshort walkwithin walking distanceperfect locationshuttle servicean easy walkprivate patiowonderful stay
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very difficult review to write, as the Inn has a lot offer. In fact, I gave it five stars two years ago. But my second stay was entirely different. I’d already spent three days in Albuquerque when I checked into the Inn on the Alameda in Santa Fe with my sister, and I was feeling great. But the morning after our first night there, I felt like I was coming down with the flu. And by the time we left at the end of our three-day stay, I was taking three prescription medications in order to breath.

While my sister and I were packing to come home, we debated how much to tip the housekeeping staff. She didn’t want to leave a lot because she said the room was so dusty she sneezed continually. The room was dark, even with all the lights on, so I hadn’t noticed until then just how dusty it was. It was only at that point we decided to stand on a chair and check the air vent. What did we discover? A vent filled with dust and black gunk the consistency of paste (see the photo).

While checking out, we reported the vent to the front desk. I followed up with an email and photo to the manager, but never received a response.

The day after I got home, I saw my allergist, who said I didn’t have the flu. Rather, I was having a severe asthmatic reaction to something. When I showed her the photo, she said the vent looked like it contained mold. All I know is that it took two weeks and a lot more medication before I felt back to normal.

This is an older hotel, which is part of its charm. But older hotels have to be especially vigilant about air quality. There are several issues in this room that exacerbated the problem. First, the vent is the only way to get fresh air into the room. Instead of a window, it has a door that opens onto dirt, and there’s no screen. Also, the bathroom exhaust fan didn’t remove any of the moisture after we showered (we reported that too).

I’m allergic to mold and dust mites, so my reaction was more severe than most people would experience. My sister has no allergies, and her sneezing stopped within a day after we checked out. But no one should be exposed to this kind of air quality. Hopefully, this review motivates the Inn to clean up its ventilation. (I have many more pictures of the vent and its location in the room, if the Inn questions this problem.)

Room Tip: Check the vent in your room when you check in. If it's filthy, like ours was, insist on another room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
20  Thank altaira4
Jonathan W, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Altaira4,

Kindly allow me a moment to respond to your most recent comments;

Firstly, kindly accept my sincere apologies for not responding sooner; as this event occurred in October and the General Manager with whom you were in contact has since moved on to new challenges, it took me a little more time to gather and review all the specific details and results of this most unfortunate experience.

I am happy to report, that while the ventilation duct in your room was in fact wholly and unacceptably dirty as you point out, it was professionally confirmed to contain no mold whatsoever. Interior mechanical equipment such as this does receive regularly scheduled maintenance and cleaning, however, we clearly failed to maintain an acceptable level of attention for some inexplicable reason – and for that, we are truly sorry.

Nonetheless, as a result of this issue, I can also confirm that we took the immediate step to remove each and every internal ventilation duct in the entire building and thoroughly clean and repaint to far more acceptable standard.

While I understand you were already in direct contact with the previous General Manager, if you feel that this issue had not been resolved to your complete satisfaction, I do hope that you will reach out to me directly. I would certainly welcome the opportunity to show you first hand the remarked and significant difference should your travels once again bring you to Santa Fe.

Jonathan Wise
The Inn on the Alameda

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'll start off by saying that you can't beat the location of this small and intimate hotel. Very easy walking distance to the plaza and restaurants. When we arrived, it was only 10 o'clock in the morning. To our amazement, they allowed us to check in to our room. At 4 o'clock, they had complimentary wine and cheese, which was very good. Not knowing any of the nearby restaurants, we asked the person at the checkin desk if he had any recommendations. We said we had had enough of the new mexican fare and would like Italian for dinner. He pulled out the menus of two local italian restaurants and suggested one in particular. We said that sounded perfect and was prepared to leave. However, he immediately picked up the phone and called the local manager of the Italian restaurant saying he was sending two of his guests there immediately and to have a table ready. Wow! We did not expect that kind of service! By the time we walked the few blocks to the restaurant, our table was already ready. The meal itself was great. After a few more stops on the way back to the hotel, we were finally ready to call it a night. That's where the one problem occurred, and why I just can't give the extra star to this hotel. When evaluating a hotel, I must take into account how good the beds and bedding are. In this care, the bedding on our bed was horrible. This sounds strange, but the sheets "crackled" like newspaper and irritated our skin. They were either brand new and never washed or they were some of the cheapest sheets I've ever seen. We perhaps got 1 hour of sleep that night. We should have called the front desk immediately, but it was just too late and we honestly thought we would still be able to sleep. Our mistake for not calling them. However, their mistake for not taking the time to make sure the sheets were comfortable. The next morning, the front desk clerk even suggested that they were probably new sheets. Ummm, you should wash sheets before placing them on a bed. I really wanted to give them 5 stars, but for this reason, I simply cannot. I would still recommend this hotel to others though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank davidlspicer
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We read all of the great reviews of the Inn. We expected that we would enjoy the Inn. However, our expectations were exceeded. The Inn is beautiful, the staff is welcoming, and the value is exceptional. The breakfast is superb. The Happy Hour is a nice touch with excellent Sangrias. The parking is free. The location is extremely convenient close to the Plaza and right across the street of Canyon Rd. We only had booked two (2) nights at the Inn but extended it given our experience. The staff handled our request with grace. The town of Santa Fe is all that is written about it. We highly recommend this Inn.

We used the fitness center and we found that it had everything we needed including a set of free weights. We did not use the Spa. All in all, an excellent stay at an excellent Inn.

Room Tip: We had a standard room with two (2) queen beds. It was sufficient for our purposes. A bit tight for a family of four but nevertheless beautifully appointed and very clean.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TonyLehighValley
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Inn on the Alameda is a comfortable, cozy, well located place to stay. Concierge was very helpful with directions, recommendations and advice. Very nice breakfast, much more than a simple "continental" breakfast. Easy walking distance to both the Plaza and Canyon Road areas. Only negative with our room was the lighting which was too dark. Cozy fireplace in lobby was nice to hang out by, we never made it to the daily wine and cheese reception but I'm sure it's very nice. No extra charges for parking or internet. Very comfortable place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel, with dark rooms and that is a pity!
Nice staff and very, very helpful. Breakfast with large en extensive choices.
Minibar available, but not stocked. The Inn is on five minutes walk from the centre, La Plaza. We had pleasant stay!

• Stayed: November 2012