“A Magical Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“A Magical Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

We will always stay at the Inn on the Alameda when we are in Santa Fe! The staff makes one feel special and the rooms/suites are always clean, comfortable and well designed. We loved our late night visit to the hot tub, and the location is in walking distance to lots of Santa Fe fun!

1 Thank Bebe084

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
Bigfork, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

We have been coming to Santa Fe for 25 years and have stayed everywhere! The Inn on the Alameda was recommended to us 5 years ago, and after staying there, we've never wanted to go anywhere else. This is not a high-end elegant hotel, but is quite pleasant, spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. We love being able to sleep with the windows open--a balcony room is wonderful for sipping coffee or glass of wine--and no city sounds to disturb our sleep. Delicious breakfast and how nice to be greeted with wine and cheese upon arrival, enjoyed by the fire in the cozy lobby or out on the shaded patio in summer. Extraordinarily friendly and helpful front desk staff!

Room Tip: Request top floor with balcony for sunset views
2 Thank rdbauder
Jackson, La
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

We spent two days at the Inn on the Alameda. I appreciated the attention to detail in the reservation system - the contact prior to our visit was helpful. Our room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was full of choices and delicious. The location was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HappyRetiree023
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We loved our stay at the Inn of the Alameda in early March. I found this charming hotel by looking at all of the fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor and I agree with what most everyone has to say: clean, nicely-decorated rooms, hearty breakfast, lovely wine and cheese hour everyday, great location within walking distance of Canyon Road and the Plaza, *mostly* friendly staff. Also, it is important to my husband and me that the hotels we choose at least have the option of high speed Internet because we are both online professors. Inn of the Alameda includes it as a complimentary service, which is always a bonus for us.

We loved our room and felt so at home there. We got one with a kiva fireplace and a patio; it was very charming and rather large with a comfortable, cozy bed. The bathroom was spotlessly clean. We did have trouble getting the water temperature just right but that's not a big deal. It was a bonus to have a private jacuzzi connected to our building and it felt so good on the cold nights of early March to head over there in our terry-cloth bathrobes and relax.

It was nice to wake up to a hearty breakfast each day that was included in the price. Along with the usual items you would expect in a continental breakfast, they also had more substantial options such as quiche, fritatta, stuffed croissants (with New Mexican green chili and cheese!), etc.

I think the detail that really puts this hotel over the top is the wine and cheese hour that they have everyday of the week from 4-5. My husband and I arrived at the hotel at about 4:30 the day we checked in and it was so lovely to be able to go refresh ourselves after a long day of traveling from Orlando, Florida. They had a good selection of cheeses, breads, and other items and my husband was impressed with the quality of the wine. I asked for a cup of tea and Charlie the bartender (you will love him ... SO kind and friendly) was more than happy to go and make me one.

The Inn of the Alameda was in a perfect location to enjoy all of Santa Fe's main attractions. It is about a 5 minute walk to Canyon Road (the gallery district) and maybe 10 minutes from the main Plaza. We even walked to Pink Adobe one night for dinner and it wasn't more than 10 or 15 minutes.

There are mixed reviews about the friendliness of the staff and I think it's because it depends on who you talk to. Like I said, Charlie was FANTASTIC and so was the lady who helps get you your food in the breakfast area -- loved her! The people at the front desk in the morning seemed more friendly than the late afternoon guy. He wasn't rude, but seemed a bit bored like he didn't want to be there and wasn't too excited to give us restaurant recommendations when we arrived. Everyone else was super nice and accommodating and made us feel very welcome. In fact, I have to say I am impressed with the manager. She wrote us a personal letter before and after our stay thanking us for choosing her hotel. The welcome letter even included a Santa Fe brochure to prepare us for our trip. She even mentioned some nice things we wrote on our comment card in the "after our stay" letter. That kind of personalization is very impressive to me and it makes me want to stay at Inn of the Alameda next time we are in Santa Fe. You will not be disappointed if you choose Inn of the Alameda.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the wine and cheese hour!
4 Thank FloridaGirl1983
East Coaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I stayed at the Inn after reviewing other options on Trip Advisor. It was close to my friends' house and close to downtown. The room was well-appointed and quiet, and the bathroom was clean. The bed was quite comfortable, and the complementary breakfast is excellent. I would recommend this Inn for those who appreciate quiet comfort, with nothing flashy. Unlike other reviews, I had no issue with the front desk or other staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank dennburr
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Overall, I'd actually give the Inn on the Alameda 3.5 stars, so that should be noted. It's a little pricey for what it is, but staying in Santa Fe is not cheap, so I understood the rates and felt they were reasonable.

Pros:
-The Inn is very clean and cozy, I felt very comfortable here
-The wine and cheese hour is excellent, a truly nice amenity. I came back here each night to relax and unwind. The absolute best service I received while I was there was from the lady running the wine and cheese hour. I really wish I could remember her name, but she was so friendly and warm.
-My room was spacious and well appointed. My bed was huge, and I LOVED my fireplace. What a nice little spot to spend the chilly evenings.
-I got a free upgrade because I was there during the week and they had a lot of empty rooms. That was nice of them.

Cons:
-The hot tub...this was just weird...they keep the cover on it because its outside which is fine, I guess, but when you move it, its filmy and kind of unpleasant. And there was so much debris in the hot tub. Well, I got in it anyway because I don't really get squeamish about leaves and twigs, but the water was very very lukewarm overall.
-The service, aside from the lady at the wine & cheese reception was unpleasant and chilly. I felt so uncomfortable going to the front desk in the evenings to ask for dinner recommendations. Not rude, but in no way friendly.
-The bed was rock hard and the pillows were impossible to get comfortable with. I spent my nights there tossing and turning quite a bit.
-They had great breakfast options and I really appreciated that it was free, but I tended to go down towards the end of the breakfast and unfortunately all the bread products were always stale by this time.

So, all in all - I would recommend this place but with a few reservations.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank HotaruMiang
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

As a vegetarian I sometimes find that I am stuck for healthy food options at hotels, but at the very extensive breakfast buffet each morning this hotel offered not only standard milk, but also soy or almond milk, standard yogurt along with soy yogurt, numerous pastries, healthy breakfast cereal and many other options. Meat breakfast options were available also, but I was very impressed that the number of options for a vegetarian or vegan were on par with meat eaters. The hotel itself is beautiful and very classic in the Santa Fe style. The staff was very helpful and my room was comfortable, quiet and spacious. When I book my next vacation to Santa Fe I plan to book with the hotel again as it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo