“Great Hotel Experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Hotel Experience”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

The best hotel stays always start with a great experience at check-in and the two attendants did a great job with greeting us, providing us valuable information about hotel services and Santa Fe, and got us into our room early. The room was very nice and the condition of the hotel overall is good. We used the pool and hot tub and enjoyed our time there. One of our favorite parts of the hotel was the British style shuttle that would drop off and pick up anywhere within one mile of the hotel. We used it several times and it was always quick. Nice to know you can indulge a bit and not have to be worried about things. We really enjoyed our experience at the hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend a stay for our friends.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and we are delighted to hear that we took such good care of you and that you especially enjoyed our “London Taxis”! Thank you for staying with us!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Hotel Sante Fe needs an upgrade - has small rooms - lighting in room and bathroom is terrible. There is a parking fee. No breakfast unless you want to pay for it. The staff seemed nice and the one positive is that a shuttle is available to drive you within a 1 mile radius of the hotel.

The worst part of our stay was the bug crawling on the door of the bathroom – not sure what it was - we notified front desk. I'm sure there are better places with comparable prices to stay in Sante Fe.

Room Tip: Stay off 1st floor -it's off the lobby - and busy
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dick1132013
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
I'm sorry your stay was not all that it could have been with us. We are planning an upgrade to our bathrooms this winter and I hope you give us another chance to show you an improved experience.
Santa Fe
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

We planned to stay 3 nights during the Indian Market. The room we were given on the ground floor was a dark dungeon with a view of an enclosed dark alley and had no ventilation. Since it was $200/night, we asked for a better room and the desk was somewhat testy about our request but eventually relented but they said we had to wait until 4 PM for it to be ready and we were already travel-weary. So we decided not to stay the extra days and found La Posada, a nice, more convenient alternative with free breakfasts.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hankmail505
I'm glad to hear we were able to provide a room more to your liking though sorry it took us until the afternoon to prepare it for you. I hope you enjoyed this summer's Indian Market.
Camarillo, California
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I really loved this hotel! I travel a lot for work and this was a joy to spend time in. The decor was beautiful the rooms clean and did'nt feel dated. The pool area felt private even though it wasn't really. I ate room service and enjoyed it both nights. I also had breakfast in the resturant the food was good as was the service. But what really made all the difference was service overall. I was there for Indian Market to work with an account on the plaza. Well working I had a very bad nose bleed and needed to get back to my room asap as I could stop the bleeding. I called the hotel and asked if they could pick me up. I told them what was wrong and they sent someone so fast I was surprised. But it did not end there the driver who picked me up was genuine caring and made me feel everything would be ok. He made sure I took some water right away and talk to me the entire drive back, I'm pretty sure to make sure I was ok. Above and beyond nice. I will stay again for sure the next time I'm in Santa Fe.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Charlie C
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to tripadvisor.com with your very kind remarks. I am delighted to hear that we took such good care of you and hope that you will return and stay with us again soon!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This place was wonderful to stay at and the staff rocked. The location was perfect and their shuttles were the icing on the cake. I loved that the entry way had water, tea and coffee. The rooms were peaceful and the gym was small but got the job done. I'd defiantly return!

1 Thank Darcy R
Thank you so much for your kind words and we think you “rock” too! Come back and stay with us again soon!!

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Revisiting after a year, the Hacienda at the Hotel Santa Fe is still a good place to stay. The staff at the Front desk especially Alyssa and Victoria are personable, professional and clear thinking. Always willing to solve any issue promptly and satisfactorily. I have watched Alyssa attend to difficult guests with enormous patience and goodwill.
As usual every one is friendly and helpful.
The shuttle to downtown is especially useful. Also very convenient and prompt.
Buffet breakfast is adequate but unexciting.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hacienda where there is butler service and a lounge. The suites are comfortable.
1 Thank chiahhwang
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for staying with us again and for your kind comments, which I definitely pass on to Alyssa and Victoria!

Dallas
Reviewed August 23, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Santa Fe. Conveniently located with friendly, helpful staff. The junior suite was very comfortable for three people. We have visited Santa Fe many times and will definitely choose this hotel next trip!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words and continuing to stay with us!!