1,840 results
All reviewsamaya restaurantbutler servicehacienda sectionowned hotelnative americansfree shuttle serviceresort feethe main hotelcontinental breakfastjunior suitehappy hourhotel shuttlebottled waterrail yardsmall balconyrailyard districtnew mexico
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a beautiful, heritage hotel that is in the heart of Santa Fe, but because of the gorgeous old trees you feel far removed from the hustle and bustle. It was wonderful for my family who loved the pool and the fact that we could walk to the roadrunner train station.

• Stayed: July 2014
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

And we loved having you and your family stay with us! Many thanks!

May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Reviewed July 22, 2014

What a superb hotel with great rooms and staff to match. Stay at this place and you will remember it forever. I arrived in Santa Fa in the middle of a huge thunderstorm and after struggling for a while to locate this hotel my room wasn't quite ready but it was well worth the wait. So if your visiting Santa Fa do yourself a favour and stay here.........you won't regret a moment!

Room Tip: None - just stay there!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

We are indeed so thankful for these “huge storms” in this drought stricken region, but thankful that you did find us!

Very many thanks for your wonderful words of encouragement and please come stay with us again soon!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

If you want to pop out of your hotel and be able to visit the Plaza shops and restaurants within a block or two, then you'll be happier at one of the hotels in the city center (Hotel St. Francis, Loretto). For about the same cost, though, you can stay further out of town (less than a mile) and get a Jr. suite at the Hotel Santa Fe. That's what we did, and I'm glad we made that choice. You'll have street noise in either case. Hotel Santa Fe is also close to the railroad district, which it appears they are trying to build up. There is a pretty park nearby which we only discovered on our last day, so be sure to ask where it is, it would have been a nice place to stroll in the morning or evening. Other pros: They have coffee available on every floor beginning at 7 A.M. The pool will accomodate lap swimming, has plenty of seating and a nice hot tub. Free newspapers. Helpful concierge. The shuttle is convenient when you don't want to walk, though we experienced a five to fifteen minute wait the few times we used it. t's convenient to have a restaurant on site, though we actually only ate there once.... because lots of other good options are within walking or shuttle distance. The restaurant has a pretty garden view.
The resort fee is silly, they should just build that into the room rates. Rooms are comfortable, the jr. suite has a nice sitting area and a tiny balcony big enough for one chair. Nice big windows in the bedroom area.

Room Tip: Outside noise seems inevitable based on what I could see. Our third floor room overlooked the pool, which was nice, but the street is not far so you still get traffic noise. It's not a problem at nighttime.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chicago999
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Many thanks for such a detailed report. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay and I am also glad that you made the choice to stay with us.

Whilst we don’t have recycle bins in all of our rooms yet, glass, plastic, etc. is separated and recycled at check out.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was at the hotel for a conference last January. The staff is tops! The restaurant, while a little on the $$$ side, was excellent and I do recommend at least one meal there. The atmosphere of the hotel speaks of Santa Fe and the city. The hotel is not far from the Plaza, but too far to walk it.

The rooms are spacious and more like a small apartment than a hotel room. I like the use if windows and corners. There was fresh coffee setup each morning on all the floors by the elevators. Get there early as the coffee is supreme and goes quickly! My only complaint was that the bed in my room was against the same wall as the ice machine. My headboard jiggled all night. I had to pull my pillows down and away to avoid a headache. I will most definitely go back to this hotel, but I will request a room away from the ice machines.

Room Tip: Away from the ice machines
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CTAWilson

With apologies for the jiggling head board, but thank you for bringing that to my attention and it is already fixed!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. They have live (beautiful) music at night. The rooms are comfortable. I had a two room suite with a desk to work. Very comfortable.

But it did not make for a great business trip hotel. First, I was surprised at an "amenities" charge of $19 per day at check in that was not revealed in booking. This covered the supposedly complimentary internet advertised on the internet, shuttle service and use of the business center.

Aside from the fact that internet was supposed to be complimentary, it was very erratic. It was down for long time periods and when it was on, it was exceptionally slow. Many pages would simply time out rather than download. A bit frustrating on a morning that I had serious work to do. The hotel blamed Comcast, which serves my home and is very reliable. I understand that areas differ, but when I spoke with the front desk, this seems like a chronic problem. I think the hotel's internet infrastructure is insufficient to handle load.

There were two electrical plugs that I could use to charge my computer and phone. Nothing next to the bed so I could recharge my phone overnight and have my phone alarm next to me.

Then the business center was two PCs connected to a printer. No access for Macs at all. No wireless printer.

And the amenity included in the $19 was a free shuttle service that was not that great. The phone number I was given to access it went to my voice mail. Then I was told I needed to go to the front desk to request it and the wait times were so long that it was simply faster to walk to the convention center.

The hotel is lovely, and there were lots of tourists here. I might stay here again as a tourist, but when I travel on business, I need reliable internet.

And I really disliked the surprise $19 per day for amenities that were advertised as complimentary.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a busy street so ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Please accept my apologies for the internet problems you encountered and indeed we did recently have some significant problems with Comcast for a couple of days!! Furthermore, you are correct that sometimes the load on the system has grown since our last upgrade just 18 months ago and we commissioned a further upgrade ($15,000+!) Just in the last month.

So please do try us again if only as a tourist and many thanks for staying with us!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!