“Great place, wish I were there more than one night”
Review of Hotel Santa Fe

Hotel Santa Fe
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed here one night thanks to Hotwire - it was a quick business trip. I wish I were there for longer, and ideally with my husband. The room was lovely. Not very large, but had a fireplace, nice bathroom, and very comfortable bed. The artwork in the Hacienda was nice. I went to the wine hour in the evening, and the hosts had good suggestions for places to eat. It is about a 15 minute walk to the Plaza - and since it's a bit away from the Plaza it is very quiet.

I had breakfast as well - it was fairly basic but everything was good.

Parking is free, and the grounds are nice.

Service was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

We do hope you will bring your husband to stay with us soon - and for longer than one night!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Santa Fe

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here on our family vacation. Beautiful hotel. Our suite was wonderful. Even though it was June, we got to use the fireplace while we were there. Our butler Lubo was fantastic. The hotel is quiet and the beds are very comfortable. I really enjoyed the big soaker tub with its own television. We all had a very relaxing stay while we were there. And we loved the hotel shuttle!!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Juli75452
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that Lubo especially took good care of you.

Please come back soon. The shuttle/taxi await you!!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We came down from Colorado for a nice little weekend getaway. I am glad that we picked this hotel. From the moment we walked in everything just seemed wonderful. The front desk staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The room we had was the Picuris Suite Jr. It was very clean, updated and spacious. Our room faced the pool on the second floor and had a little balcony. It really is a little balcony. 2 people max could fit on ours. One chair comfortably. But cant really complain because a lot of places don't even have the option of outdoor space. One thing i did however not enjoy was the air conditioning unit. Maybe it was just in our room, but every time the air came on the vent made a noise and with it being right above the bed woke me up a few times. The pool was great. It did get pretty crowded around 10:30 am and all the chairs and tables filled up pretty quick. It was a Saturday, but I would recommend getting there a little early for a lounge chair. Overall this was such a great little hotel that I would stay at again and recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle0102

Thank you for coming down form Colorado and staying with us.

I am so pleased to know that we took good care of you but apologies for the noisy air conditioning unit - hopefully you told us about it and it has been fixed.

Many thanks for your recommendation and hopefully you will come down from the glorious mountains of Colorado and visit us again soon!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I am writing this from the hotel. We have been here 4 nights. It is a beautiful property. We requested a quiet room a nd were placed on the 3rd floor back. Room faces parking lot which I believe is quieter than the rooms overlooking the pool. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We are in the hotel section, not the hacienda, and found the room to be very nice. Large flat screen tv. Maybe we are not as picky as some travelers, but we found the room to be a perfectly fine size for 2 adults and a tween. In terms of distance, it is .7 miles to the plaza. We have walked back and forth multiple times on most days. We caught the shuttle in to town a couple of times. For reasoably fit people wearing walking shoes, it is a easy 10 to 15 minute walk. If you would not walk 10-15 minutes to get somewhere at home, this will probably be too far for you to walk, so plan on driving and parking, or taking the shuttle. Pro tip, there is a Whole Foods less than .5 mile in the opposite direction from town, it is huge and well stocked. We did some takeout breakfasts and dinners here when we didn't feel like eating out.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank beezneez123

Thank you so much for staying with us and your kind comments remind me to “get back on track” with my own exercise program!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Reviewed June 8, 2014

After spending a lot of time looking for a hotel in Santa Fe to spend my birthday in May I chose the Santa Fe Hacienda Hotel and Spa. I called ahead to order a flower arrangement and fruit basket for a little birthday treat.The flowers were amazing and very beautiful. We arrived a day early and were upgraded to a suite and it was very nice. Clean and comfortable, We brought our own coffee pot as I knew that they did not have one in the room. We drove from Colorado and had a cooler for day trips to Taos.The staff was very nice when we asked their advise on where to go shopping. My friends had suggested another hotel and after driving by it I am glad we chose The hacienda. It was quaint and quiet and very relaxing. I spent time at the pool and enjoyed the beautiful trees. We even used the free transportation. I would go back again to stay at this fine little hotel. There were so many places to eat that we never ate at the hotel.Maybe next time!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Erin L

Belated birthday greetings to you! Many thanks for taking the time to write to tripadvsior.com with your kind comments which are both appreciated and encouraging.

Please do dine with us next time and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The hotel is co-owned by a pueblo tribe which is a great reason to stay here and support Native American rights in NM, rather than staying with 1 of the huge chains. The décor and atmosphere were outstanding. The lobby area and all common areas have glorious artwork, ambience, color scheme, taste. The room was on the small side and some items missing though they brought them immediately. Some parts of the suite (bathroom, kitchenette) were faded and the balcony was over a trash area so not great for sitting. Pool small, spa also small. However, overall I would go back here. It is a short walk from the old town, has a shuttle, great service, and wonderful live music - Indian flute player who is there regularly on weekends.

Room Tip: Am not sure the suites are worth the money, they are small
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for staying with us and please note that the people of Picuris Pueblo greatly
appreciate your kind words and custom. Please come back soon!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The service is fabulous here and I have no complaints. We stayed in Mid-May 5 nights, and had a suite with balcony. Rm was quiet. The staff even took my mother to hospital in the shuttle one day when she became ill. The restaurant and staff were all good. The pool area is nice. You can walk over to the railroad station area to a couple restaurants etc. But this hotel is not within walking distance of the downtown plaza if you are looking for that. We did wait for the shuttle one day and it never arrived so we drove ourselves around town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank HoosierIU

I am so sorry to learn of your disappointment with our shuttle service and my apologies for the inconvenience you were cause - we can and will do better!

Many thanks for staying with us and we all hope your mother is well and doing fine!