Hotel Santa Fe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Inn at Vanessie(Santa Fe)
  • Breakfast included
Inn of the Five Graces(Santa Fe)
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
1,742 results
All reviewsamaya restaurantbutler servicehacienda sectionowned hotelnative americansfree shuttle serviceresort feethe main hoteljunior suitehappy hourcontinental breakfastthe hotel offerssmall balconybottled waterrail yardrailyard districtlounge area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you don't want to read the whole review, here it is in a nutshell: the rooms had very thin walls and the bed was super-hard, very uncomfortable. One night I could hear my neighbors talking until well after midnight and I don't think they were being excessively loud; the next night I was awakened at 1:30am by the neighbors on the other side of me having sex -- lots of it, very energetically. If you're looking for a place where you can rest well while you're in Santa Fe, my recommendation is to look elsewhere.

The other thing that really wasn't cool was the way the hotel nickel-and-dimes its customers. My key was enclosed in a little folder saying that I would be assessed $15 *per night* for the hotel's amenities, which included "free" wifi (or lack thereof -- more about that later), the "free" coffee and tea available at 7 each morning outside the elevators (useless, since it wasn't early enough for me), the gym, the shuttle service which I never used, and some other things I can't remember (and didn't use). And indeed, the invoice for those amenities -- $45 for the 3 nights I was there -- showed up at my door the morning I was leaving. (It was prepaid by my employer, but still -- I have never, ever been billed an additional fee for amenities before).

There was a sticky note on the bathroom mirror encouraging me to call the spa for a massage -- incredibly tacky, imo. There was a big basket of snack food and a liter bottle of water on the dresser, with a tag around the bottle saying I'd be charged $4 -- plus a 20% service charge, plus tax -- if I drank it. Sorry, I just didn't feel the welcoming vibe others have mentioned. I could have partaken from the wet bar, aka little fridge, for even higher prices (plus the service charge, plus tax) but declined to do so. The staff had told me I could take everything out of the wet bar and use it as a fridge, which was when I ran into one of the most annoying features of all: I had to unlock the fridge every time I wanted to open the door. Oh, and there was no key or explanation of this: I had to call the front desk to find out what I was missing and to get a key (sigh).

There were a few good things about my room: the temperature control and HVAC was much better (and quieter) than in most hotels; the shower head was excellent; and the little balcony was great. Otherwise, it was a small room with two uncomfortable chairs in addition to the uncomfortable bed. To say the "free" wifi was spotty would be overly generous -- the first two nights I was there I couldn't even load google, never mind any other page. The last night was better -- if I moved around just so, I could get an adequate signal. While there *was* an iron and ironing board in the room, there was no coffee maker or microwave.

The hotel physically looked quite beautiful, both outside and in, but wasn't overly functional. The first night I was there, I got ready to watch TV -- an old CRT Zenith model enclosed in a cabinet -- and realized I'd have to settle for half a picture since one of the cabinet doors wouldn't stay open (I asked them to fix that the next day and they did). I had to hold the toilet handle down every time for 4 or 5 seconds to ensure it would flush -- tacky again.

Since the reservation had been made by my employer, my very first experience with Hotel Santa Fe was when I called the night before to find out whether there was a fridge in my room. I was on hold for over 12 minutes and then got cut off. I called again and decided, instead of choosing "I already have a reservation" from the phone tree to choose "I want to make a reservation." This time I was on hold for "only" 5 or 6 minutes and someone did eventually answer the phone and my questions. She was very nice and helpful but it was not a good first impression, to say the least.

So: if you're interested in partying and eating out most of the time you're in Santa Fe, this hotel could be a good choice. If comfort is your priority-- as it was mine -- you probably shouldn't stay here. I won't name names, but I know from experience that there are better *and* less expensive options in Santa Fe.

Room Tip: I was booked in a traditional king room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank lisatann
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

We are required to have “low flow toilets” in this “day and age” and hence the three second hold! Changing out 250+ TVs takes time, but we started that process a month ago and should be finished by mid-June. We spent a lot of time during construction dealing with sound attenuation issues, i.e. stagger studs, insulation, etc., but possibly this one room was overlooked. I wish you could let me know the room number! There is free bottle water throughout your stay at the Front Desk, Bar, etc., but if one specifically wants “Fiji” water, then there is a charge. Resort fees, parking fees, wifi fees, etc. are charged by all our competitors in town, so no harm intended with our H.E.A.A.R.T, now A.R.T/Resort Fee.

It makes a lot of sense, and we are required by law, to have our fridges with locks so underage children cannot accidently or intentionally gain access to alcohol!!!

The mattress in your room type is one of the best in the industry, is only two years old and I have the same mattress on my bed at home - it’s marvelous!

I could go on, but in summary it is obvious you were not happy from the outset and I apologize for the inconveniences you felt you incurred.

I do wish you had approached any member of our staff with your concerns and we would have done our best to accommodate you/make alternative arrangements!

Unfortunately, we cannot please all guests all of the time and sadly you slipped through the cracks. Be well and safe travels! So sorry!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I enjoy this hotel more and more every time I stay here! I was disappointed by the location the first time that I stayed here. But came to realize that their shuttle service is very prompt and easier then dealing with driving or parking in The Plaza. The staff is extremely friendly and always goes above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. The Butler in the Hacienda almost seems like a movie character, he is so accomodating and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rosanna S

Wonderful words of encouragement! Thank you and please come back soon!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel is very welcoming and accommodating. The decor is absolutely gorgeous and very well maintained. Our rooms have always been absolutely beautiful! Our favorite place to stay is in the Hacienda, with a small celebration every evening and a wonderful breakfast daily. The staff is very friendly and doesn't mind helping with any dining, shopping or recommendations for any other type of experience (thanks Robert, Lubo and Javier!). We highly recommend the restaurant in the hotel as well; the food is delicious and presentation awesome (thanks Corey!). The shuttle service is prompt and very reliable, they'll take you up to Museum Hill or to the Plaza,etc. most accommodating! This is our overall favorite place to stay in any city bar-none!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Hacienda, we like the higher floors, the balconies are great!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your very kind remarks/compliments which are both greatly appreciated and encouraging. Thank you so much for staying with us again!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My friend and I stayed in the Hacienda and Spa portion. A bit confusing as we were booking. The place has 2 different sets of accomadations. We splurged! but it was worth it. Included in our room rate was free breakfast and in the evening wine beer soft drinks and appetizers in a very nice lounge. Oh wait, best part..a butler too! Thanks Robert, we miss you. He took our bags, suggested sights and eateries and took care of our massage appointments. The Hotel part looked lovely too tho and did offer a breakfast buffett for I think 11.95.The fitness center and hot tub are very nice and can only be used by Hacienda guests. There is a shuttle that will take you within a mile of the hotel. We took it in town. Great trip.

Room Tip: There are 3 stories. Spa is on 4 we were on 5 lounge in on 6.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Many thanks for staying with us and we are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had a wonder stay. The room was comfortable and the staff was very accommodating. Try out the spa, Gladys and Jennifer are outstanding. The hotel has a shuttle but is in walking distance to plaza and other tourist areas. The hotel adds a daily fee to cover amenities.

• Stayed: April 2013
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and I know that Gladys and Jennifer at the Spa appreciate your kind words.

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon