“Great For A Family Visit”
Review of Hotel Santa Fe

Hotel Santa Fe
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, Texas
“Great For A Family Visit”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I, and our two young children stayed at The Hacienda and had a very enjoyable experience. We had never been to Santa Fe before and I chose The Hacienda because it appeared to provide the best value for the cost of the lodging.

The staff was extremely attentive to our needs, and fulfilled requests for a step stool (for the kids to use in the bathroom) and a loaner sled so we could enjoy the snow. Each evening the staff offered a turn down service, including chocolates, and checked in to see if we had any needs.

We enjoyed the inclusive breakfast and happy hour in the Hacienda lounge, which has its own wood burning fireplace, a patio and great mountain views. The hotel restaurant, Amaya, had very good food (including a kids menu) and a very nice atmosphere since it adjoined the hotel lounge and fireplace. The prix fixe menu ($23 for three courses) was a very good deal.

Our room, a fireplace king suite, was a good size for the family and included a terrace and queen sofa bed. There was a portable humidifier in the room which was a helpful amenity due to the dryness at Santa Fe's altitude. The bathroom had a very nice shower, but no tub. The living room could have used a closet, or at least a coat rack, to hold the big coats needed during cold weather months.

The hotel is not located in the center of Santa Fe but that wasn't a problem for us for a few of reasons. First, the hotel offers free shuttle service (which we used) to the center of town. Second, the walk to town is pretty easy (about half a mile) if the weather is nice. Finally, there are a bunch if interesting shops and restaurants right near the hotel including ones at the rail yard (which is right across the street) and along Guadalupe St.

All in all we were pleased with the hotel and would stay there again. It's important to know that local taxes and the $15 per day resort fee will increase your bill by roughly $50 per night over the base rate. I knew this at the time of booking so it wasn't a problem. The array of services that the hotel offers (including wifi) makes the fee a palatable one.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Big_Apple_Texas
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Your extensive review is greatly appreciated and we do hope you enjoyed Santa Fe, as well as The Hacienda, on this, your first trip, to town.

We also hope you wi.l be back in the near future and in the meantime we wish you and your family a wonderful upcoming summer season wherever you may be!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 5, 2013

ur experience of this elite (12 diamond, our rating) Hotel has made it our only place to stay in Santa Fe.
The rooms are comfortable, clean, and homey. The resturant food is some of the City's best in a City of great food. The lounge and Friday and Saturday nights transports guest to wind swept vistas of eagles, sun, and sky. The Staff is always genuinely warm and caring, their attitude is you valued and cherished.

The location if easy walking to the plaza or you can use the free hotel shuttle.....Your dollar is well spent when you stay at this hotel........We will always come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel! I had an "Hacienda" room. These rooms are a nice balance of luxury versus price. Room includes a gas fireplace, free parking, wine and cheese in the evening, breakfast in the morning, a free shuttle to Santa Fe's restaurants, museums, etc, and a great location by the rail yard, within walking distance to the plaza. Only downside for me, is the
"Hacienda" rooms have a walk-in shower - but no bath tub.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us again and for your kind words!

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House
Aztec, New Mexico
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this elite hotel in a fantastic city. The staff is very accommodating, the restaurant and spa on-site are up to par, and the location is fine for walking downtown on warm nights. I would highly recommend this hotel for romantic getaways. This is the only hotel I will stay at in my future visits to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: The Hacienda Suites have pleasant gas fireplace and a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful recommendation which is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon!

ko piane ca whachii - May Blessings Come Your Way
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been to Santa Fe five times and stayed here our last four visits. The service and staff are friendly and helpful. It is charming and warm while retaining an elegance. My husband and I usually choose a one bedroom suite. But the king size room is also very very comfortable and has a larger shower than any hotel in the same range. We always avail ourselves of the shuttle to the downtown when it is chilly. The walk into town when it is warm is only about 8 or 9 minutes. We will be back for certain. Denise and Tom California

Room Tip: for longer stays go with a choice of suites. You will enjoy how spacious they are.
5 Thank denise c
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for cheering us up and making our day!! We are so happy to be your “favorite hotel” and your kind word are very encouraging!

ko piane ca whachii - May Blessings Come Your Way
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Love the location, and the price was right. Nice decorating, clean, and with lots of natural light in the room. I opted for a junior suite, and the extra space was really nice. For a multi-day stay, I would consider it mandatory. However... The walls are thin. It's way too easy to hear the conversation in the next room. The folks were using a normal volume, and I heard everything. It made me alter my voice significantly when talking to my wife. The resort fee ($15) made me a little cranky. One of the perks it apparently pays for is "free" wi-fi. Doesn't the resort fee make it "not free"? The real problem was that I was constantly dropped. And I mean constantly. It is absolutely inadequate, and there is no excuse for that. So, those are my main complaints. No aural isolation, which is a major fault, and crappy wi-fi connectivity, which is an irritation. The front desk staff I liked a lot. Very nice people. And the concierge lady was just the most friendly, helpful person one could want. All in all, I won't go back. I hate thin walls.

Room Tip: Junior suite provides a very nice sitting area. Highly recommended.
1 Thank mjb358
So sorry to learn of your noisy neighbors, as we did spend a lot of time during construction to deal with “sound attenuation” issues, i.e. stagger studs, insulation, etc. I wish I knew which room you stayed in so I can fix the problem and also the wifi issue, as most everywhere else in the Hotel, it is very good.

I do hope to hear from you and apologies for the inconvenience, but please give us another opportunity to take care of you.

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!
Vallejo, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

After attending a business meeting in Albuquerque, I brought my wife with me to check out Santa Fe for a couple of days. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights with the Explorer Package. What a bargain this was and it was well worth it. The package included a full breakfast each morning, a 3 course Prix Fixe dinner and a 2 hour historic personal tour with our guide Nat. The breakfasts were great and filling as you could help yourself to the continental breakfast buffet as well as order a prepared main dish. A great way to bulk up for the day's adventures. Dinner had some good choices and was just okay. However, we were entertained by a Native American flautist who also played Spanish guitar. It was so relaxing and wonderful that we bought one of his CD's after the performance. Our package came with a junior suite that was comfortable and relaxing. Only downside was the sheets in the bed. They were somewhat starchy and not a soft cotton. The historic tour with Nat was entertaining. Nat is a lifetime resident of Santa Fe and his knowledge of its history and his presentation was very entertaining. The hotel offers a shuttle service to most of the tourist attractions and great restaurants. There are so many wonderful things to see and do in Santa Fe. We will be returning in the Spring for a longer vacation and we plan to stay at the Hotel Santa Fe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing your critique to tripadvisor.com and your kind words are greatly appreciated. Delighted to learn that you greatly enjoyed your tour with Nat, as for the first time, he was “panned” by a recent guest commentary.

We look forward to seeing you in the Spring!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.