“Hacienda Suite: Romance Package” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa
Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aztec, New Mexico
“Hacienda Suite: Romance Package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this elite hotel in a fantastic city. The staff is very accommodating, the restaurant and spa on-site are up to par, and the location is fine for walking downtown on warm nights. I would highly recommend this hotel for romantic getaways. This is the only hotel I will stay at in my future visits to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: The Hacienda Suites have pleasant gas fireplace and a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful recommendation which is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon!

ko piane ca whachii - May Blessings Come Your Way

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Iowa City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Love the location, and the price was right. Nice decorating, clean, and with lots of natural light in the room. I opted for a junior suite, and the extra space was really nice. For a multi-day stay, I would consider it mandatory. However... The walls are thin. It's way too easy to hear the conversation in the next room. The folks were using a normal volume, and I heard everything. It made me alter my voice significantly when talking to my wife. The resort fee ($15) made me a little cranky. One of the perks it apparently pays for is "free" wi-fi. Doesn't the resort fee make it "not free"? The real problem was that I was constantly dropped. And I mean constantly. It is absolutely inadequate, and there is no excuse for that. So, those are my main complaints. No aural isolation, which is a major fault, and crappy wi-fi connectivity, which is an irritation. The front desk staff I liked a lot. Very nice people. And the concierge lady was just the most friendly, helpful person one could want. All in all, I won't go back. I hate thin walls.

Room Tip: Junior suite provides a very nice sitting area. Highly recommended.
    • 4 of 5 stars
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
So sorry to learn of your noisy neighbors, as we did spend a lot of time during construction to deal with “sound attenuation” issues, i.e. stagger studs, insulation, etc. I wish I knew which room you stayed in so I can fix the problem and also the wifi issue, as most everywhere else in the Hotel, it is very good.

I do hope to hear from you and apologies for the inconvenience, but please give us another opportunity to take care of you.

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!
Vallejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

After attending a business meeting in Albuquerque, I brought my wife with me to check out Santa Fe for a couple of days. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights with the Explorer Package. What a bargain this was and it was well worth it. The package included a full breakfast each morning, a 3 course Prix Fixe dinner and a 2 hour historic personal tour with our guide Nat. The breakfasts were great and filling as you could help yourself to the continental breakfast buffet as well as order a prepared main dish. A great way to bulk up for the day's adventures. Dinner had some good choices and was just okay. However, we were entertained by a Native American flautist who also played Spanish guitar. It was so relaxing and wonderful that we bought one of his CD's after the performance. Our package came with a junior suite that was comfortable and relaxing. Only downside was the sheets in the bed. They were somewhat starchy and not a soft cotton. The historic tour with Nat was entertaining. Nat is a lifetime resident of Santa Fe and his knowledge of its history and his presentation was very entertaining. The hotel offers a shuttle service to most of the tourist attractions and great restaurants. There are so many wonderful things to see and do in Santa Fe. We will be returning in the Spring for a longer vacation and we plan to stay at the Hotel Santa Fe.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for writing your critique to tripadvisor.com and your kind words are greatly appreciated. Delighted to learn that you greatly enjoyed your tour with Nat, as for the first time, he was “panned” by a recent guest commentary.

We look forward to seeing you in the Spring!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hacienda at Hotel Santa Fe several years ago. When we decided to return to Santa Fe for Valentine's weekend it seemed the only choice.The charm and ambiance of this lovely hotel won us over from the start. The staff is wonderful, the large rooms clean, very comfortable and cozy with their gas-log fireplaces. Great beds! We were fortunate to be there for Ronald Roybal's (Native American Music Award nominee - beautiful flute and guitar music inspired by indigenous America) weekend performances in front of the welcoming pinon wood fire in the lounge area. We both look very much forward to returning to this wonderfully relaxing hotel. Absolutely lovely.

1 Thank kate53_13
Many thanks for staying with us again and your kind words are greatly appreciated and encouraging!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a no smoking room, but the shared ventilation system made the room reek of cigarettes. There is a $15 resort fee in addition to room cost. No in room coffee, and coffee wasn't available until 7am in lobby. The Internet access signal was weak and would drop frequently. Only hacienda guests can use outdoor hot tub, not hotel guests. No restroom near fitness room ; sign directs guest to go back to room if that is needed. The beds were comfortable, towels large, and location great.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank krykie
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
With apologies for the smoke. All of our rooms are smoke free, but very occasionally a guest will “break the rules” and it is certainly an expensive/time consuming challenge to clean up afterwards!

We do have a hot tub just off the Lobby by the pool at the Hotel and don’t understand why you were not advised accordingly!

With apologies for the inconvenience, but please come back and stay with us again!

ko piane ca whachii - May Blessings Come Your Way
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We didn't experience any difficulties at this hotel but I can't work up a bunch of excitement about it. Front desk personnel were helpful and friendly, the room was clean, and the location was good. I agree that the walls seem thin - we couldn't hear people talking but could when they laughed loudly. Woke up to people running in the halls at 4 am. but the noise stopped pretty quickly. Best part of the location is it's in walking distance to Tomasita's - great local food. We were there to ski and were pleasantly surprised by the Santa Fe ski area. It only took about 30 minutes to get there from the hotel. Overall, a good experience, but the word for this hotel, for me, is "adequate."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KATexas88
We constantly strive to be more than adequate, as you can see from so many other commentaries. We promise to “wow” you next time!!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Let me begin with the caveat of this critique that if they weren't claiming to be "high-end" I would accept some of the shortcomings, but if you are going to claim it, then you better have service/facilities to match. Okay, so I wanted, and intended, to love this hotel. In fact, I pushed for it when another couple brought up a different hotel. To start, I should have known there were going to be perpetual issues after all the challenges associated with just making reservations. I called the hotel, versus just booking on their website, as wanted to clarify not only the package we were planning to do but ensure rooms could be reserved near each other as we were traveling with another couple. Well, 1+ hours and 3 hang-ups (their end) later, I had been told they had no availability even though rooms were showing available on their site (and numerous others). Having given up on getting support over the phone (even though they had suggested that was the safest way to ensure the two reservations were coordinated), I ended up just booking on line (making the note about rooms together). I wish I could say the hotel experience made up for the initial frustration... it did not! First, let me assure you the Santa Fe Hotel and Hacienda are not the same property (don't have same lobby/check-in/service). As you enter the Santa Fe Hotel lobby there is a giant table greeting you where a concierge sits for some hours of the day. Problem with that is there is nowhere else to gather at the entrance so any more than 2 parties arriving/departing at the same time overwhelm the front desk. I will say we got checked in with relative ease but with no explanation as to how to set-up the two tours or dinner that were included in our package (all of which required reservations). After getting to our suites, which were beside each other (yeah), I called to ask about coordinating the tours and was told they would check into and get back to me (which admittedly they did, but what if I hadn't asked; we would have just "lost" those items).
The rooms: okay as to space, if you get suites, but bathrooms are small and balconies may as well not exist. Don't get room 375 as you have the pleasure of the ice machine right beside you;
The restaurant: Breakfast rocks (the Breakfast Burrito, Huevos Rancheros, and Cinnamon French Toast are awesome); but dinner is disappointing in comparison (and especially considering the awesome options in town); dinner is extra disappointing if you get the package that includes it as they severely limit what you can have and I assure you they don't include the top options;
The bar: Pretty much part of the restaurant and not manned well to keep up with the restaurant, catering rooms, and the actual bar area;
The Spa: Expensive, poorly run, and hard to make reservations for before or during a stay;
Housekeeping: GREAT!
The Front Desk Staff: Friendly and clueless; here's a great example - the front desk actually asked my husband to fix their mistake with one of the tours they contract with when they didn't accurately account for who had already paid on the tour (They gave my husband the tour guides cell number and asked him to call. Really? Wrong on so many levels).
Additionally, DO NOT do the SANTA FE tour (either via package or per the brochure in the lobby). It is horrible. "Nat" is a realtor for his "real job" and after the 1st hour, you are pretty much on a real estate tour.
Finally, as I mentioned, we were traveling with another couple and booked the exact same package, but our bills were $200 different after check-out. Admittedly, I haven't followed up here as think we were charged correctly while the other couple ended up getting a night for free, but still shows the lack of competence considering we made reservations, checked in, and checked out at the same time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank corbyandjen
I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay and please accept my apologies for the reservation complications which are certainly not acceptable.

I checked on your accounts and assure you that both parties were charged the same amount!

Your unhappiness with Nat, our tour guide, is a first! But again, apologies.

Sorry we did not take better care of you!!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!