“Hacienda Suite: Romance Package”
Review of Hotel Santa Fe

Hotel Santa Fe
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this elite hotel in a fantastic city. The staff is very accommodating, the restaurant and spa on-site are up to par, and the location is fine for walking downtown on warm nights. I would highly recommend this hotel for romantic getaways. This is the only hotel I will stay at in my future visits to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: The Hacienda Suites have pleasant gas fireplace and a balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful recommendation which is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been to Santa Fe five times and stayed here our last four visits. The service and staff are friendly and helpful. It is charming and warm while retaining an elegance. My husband and I usually choose a one bedroom suite. But the king size room is also very very comfortable and has a larger shower than any hotel in the same range. We always avail ourselves of the shuttle to the downtown when it is chilly. The walk into town when it is warm is only about 8 or 9 minutes. We will be back for certain. Denise and Tom California

Room Tip: for longer stays go with a choice of suites. You will enjoy how spacious they are.
5  Thank denise c
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for cheering us up and making our day!! We are so happy to be your “favorite hotel” and your kind word are very encouraging!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Love the location, and the price was right. Nice decorating, clean, and with lots of natural light in the room. I opted for a junior suite, and the extra space was really nice. For a multi-day stay, I would consider it mandatory. However... The walls are thin. It's way too easy to hear the conversation in the next room. The folks were using a normal volume, and I heard everything. It made me alter my voice significantly when talking to my wife. The resort fee ($15) made me a little cranky. One of the perks it apparently pays for is "free" wi-fi. Doesn't the resort fee make it "not free"? The real problem was that I was constantly dropped. And I mean constantly. It is absolutely inadequate, and there is no excuse for that. So, those are my main complaints. No aural isolation, which is a major fault, and crappy wi-fi connectivity, which is an irritation. The front desk staff I liked a lot. Very nice people. And the concierge lady was just the most friendly, helpful person one could want. All in all, I won't go back. I hate thin walls.

Room Tip: Junior suite provides a very nice sitting area. Highly recommended.
1  Thank mjb358

So sorry to learn of your noisy neighbors, as we did spend a lot of time during construction to deal with “sound attenuation” issues, i.e. stagger studs, insulation, etc. I wish I knew which room you stayed in so I can fix the problem and also the wifi issue, as most everywhere else in the Hotel, it is very good.

I do hope to hear from you and apologies for the inconvenience, but please give us another opportunity to take care of you.

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

After attending a business meeting in Albuquerque, I brought my wife with me to check out Santa Fe for a couple of days. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights with the Explorer Package. What a bargain this was and it was well worth it. The package included a full breakfast each morning, a 3 course Prix Fixe dinner and a 2 hour historic personal tour with our guide Nat. The breakfasts were great and filling as you could help yourself to the continental breakfast buffet as well as order a prepared main dish. A great way to bulk up for the day's adventures. Dinner had some good choices and was just okay. However, we were entertained by a Native American flautist who also played Spanish guitar. It was so relaxing and wonderful that we bought one of his CD's after the performance. Our package came with a junior suite that was comfortable and relaxing. Only downside was the sheets in the bed. They were somewhat starchy and not a soft cotton. The historic tour with Nat was entertaining. Nat is a lifetime resident of Santa Fe and his knowledge of its history and his presentation was very entertaining. The hotel offers a shuttle service to most of the tourist attractions and great restaurants. There are so many wonderful things to see and do in Santa Fe. We will be returning in the Spring for a longer vacation and we plan to stay at the Hotel Santa Fe.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing your critique to tripadvisor.com and your kind words are greatly appreciated. Delighted to learn that you greatly enjoyed your tour with Nat, as for the first time, he was “panned” by a recent guest commentary.

We look forward to seeing you in the Spring!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hacienda at Hotel Santa Fe several years ago. When we decided to return to Santa Fe for Valentine's weekend it seemed the only choice.The charm and ambiance of this lovely hotel won us over from the start. The staff is wonderful, the large rooms clean, very comfortable and cozy with their gas-log fireplaces. Great beds! We were fortunate to be there for Ronald Roybal's (Native American Music Award nominee - beautiful flute and guitar music inspired by indigenous America) weekend performances in front of the welcoming pinon wood fire in the lounge area. We both look very much forward to returning to this wonderfully relaxing hotel. Absolutely lovely.

1  Thank kate53_13

Many thanks for staying with us again and your kind words are greatly appreciated and encouraging!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a no smoking room, but the shared ventilation system made the room reek of cigarettes. There is a $15 resort fee in addition to room cost. No in room coffee, and coffee wasn't available until 7am in lobby. The Internet access signal was weak and would drop frequently. Only hacienda guests can use outdoor hot tub, not hotel guests. No restroom near fitness room ; sign directs guest to go back to room if that is needed. The beds were comfortable, towels large, and location great.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank krykie
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

With apologies for the smoke. All of our rooms are smoke free, but very occasionally a guest will “break the rules” and it is certainly an expensive/time consuming challenge to clean up afterwards!

We do have a hot tub just off the Lobby by the pool at the Hotel and don’t understand why you were not advised accordingly!

With apologies for the inconvenience, but please come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We didn't experience any difficulties at this hotel but I can't work up a bunch of excitement about it. Front desk personnel were helpful and friendly, the room was clean, and the location was good. I agree that the walls seem thin - we couldn't hear people talking but could when they laughed loudly. Woke up to people running in the halls at 4 am. but the noise stopped pretty quickly. Best part of the location is it's in walking distance to Tomasita's - great local food. We were there to ski and were pleasantly surprised by the Santa Fe ski area. It only took about 30 minutes to get there from the hotel. Overall, a good experience, but the word for this hotel, for me, is "adequate."

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KATexas88

We constantly strive to be more than adequate, as you can see from so many other commentaries. We promise to “wow” you next time!!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.