“Beautiful and peaceful”

Hotel Santa Fe
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Staying here was so relaxing...quiet, lovely, calming surroundings, soft background music. and the sense of being transported into another culture, ever so gently. The staff was wonderful. I had the continental breakfast, which was very well-done.

Room Tip: I don't know where the "bad" rooms are. Mine faced the front entrance but was very qui...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Theresa E
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you so very much for your kind words and gracious comments!

kinna wachii xoum kowia - Peace, Love and Joy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We enjoyed the hotel and spa experience at this hotel. The location is a little out of the way but there is shuttle service available which was generally available when needed. The suite was nice and furnished with some beautiful artifacts. The only negative occurred post check-out as medication was left in the room and when we returned to the hotel to retrieve we were told that it most be locked in the lost and found but then also told the lost and found was closed for the weekend. We wasted a few hours with this run around from the front desk staff. This marred an otherwise great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KathleenMS

With our apologies for the mishap concerning your medication, but thank you so much for staying with us!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The staff was very welcoming. The rooms not only clean but comfortable. I got to take a morning yoga class that was wonderful. We ate at the hotel restaurant and it was good. It was a nice walk to the plaza. Will stay there again.

3  Thank E B

Please do come back soon. Thank you for your kind words!

xoum wia‘‘ pia pianee - Love, Light and Laughter

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay here. We arrived much later than intended and didn't get to savor this wonderful place. It was soooo relaxing and the staff were absolutely superb. This is one of the best places we've ever stayed in the past 30+ years. The only weakness from my perspective was the continental breakfast... it was "too healthy" for my taste. If we return to Santa Fe, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for staying with us and we do have some “not so healthy” items on request - maybe next time?!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I loved this hotel! My Fireplace Suite was in the Hacienda and had a beautiful living room with gas kiva fireplace; a large bedroom with comfy king bed; a wonderful, huge bathroom; and large balcony. It became the " hang out" and meeting place for my friends who stayed elsewhere, much to their chagrin after seeing my hotel. I enjoyed everything so much, including the continental breakfasts and afternoon wine and treats served by the "Butlers" each day in the comfortable common room on the top floor of the Hacienda. I was so busy enjoying Santa Fe with friends that I failed to partake of the wonderful spa, so I must return soon. A most fabulous hotel and suite, perfectly located, with complimentary shuttle service to everything of interest, so I could park, free by the way, and let someone else drive when I wanted to, really a plus! I have found my home away from home in Santa Fe and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Try a Fireplace Suite in the Hacienda, it's worth every penny!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AshhKatt
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

We do hope you will indeed return soon?! Your “fantastic” compliments are so kind. Your “home away from home” awaits your return visit. Many thanks!

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff at this hotel is very friendly, and eager to please, very helpful...breakfast buffet is pretty good.. 3 stars out of 5..the croissants are very good, would be nicer if they were true French style..i.e. larger, which makes for a fluffier croissant...
A group of us had a meal one night, and we had,among us, everything on the menu..I was a little disappointed,sauces were not quite right, servings a bit small ( and I am not a big guy, or a big eater !).
The rooms were nice, but they have that 3 inch wide,single ply toilet paper, what's with that ? Bring your own TP,I guess.
Building and grounds are very attractive....take photos, has a lot of eye appeal...I will try LaFonda on my next visit to Santa Fe

Room Tip: Our rooms looked out over the main entrance, even so,it was so quiet that I didn't notice till w...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Oldwarrior

Delighted to learn you enjoyed the “very helpful” staff, but sorry to learn that we may have lost you to the competition. Rarely have any comments about portion sizes or our croissants - as there is no limit on the number you may have regarding the later item! And our loo paper (4 inches wide) has been the same for years!!!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in room 383 at the Hotel Santa Fe for 4 nights and found the whole place to be fantastic in so many ways. The thoughtfulness and pride with which the staff operate made our stay very special and we would gladly return again. What shortcomings the hotel had (and it did, I am sad to report); it somehow achieved ways of easily overcoming them.

The room was adequate in size - fitting in a sitting area, a mini bar, as well as a balcony overlooking the patio with a decorative teepee. The adjoining bedroom had a large bed which got more comfortable with each night (my first impression was that it was soft, but it turned out to be great) and somehow they had managed to squeeze in two large television sets in the room, so should one of the guests be sleeping the other could sit in the sitting area without disturbing them.

The bathroom was a little on the small side, so only one person can get ready at a time. There was a small sink area outside the actual room with the bath, shower and toilet, so one could rotate. Toiletries were very nice and ample towels were provided.

The venue was a little out of the way - this should not be a negative as they provide a useful (sort of*) free shuttle that gets you anywhere worth vIsiting within a mile of the hotel. That said, the hotel is a quick drive to downtown, the local CVS or Whole Foods and as I mention the shuttle is always close by to take one anywhere else - such as the galleries or the museums.
The actual hotel has a restuarant with an excellent menu and great service and it also comes with a gym, a hot tub, a pool as well as a spa - which I thought a little overpriced.

Parking was ample and (sort of*) free.

The positive aspects include the most helpful friendly staff I have encountered in awhile - the front desk staff were all particularly kind and any request was met with a smile and an eagerness to help as best they could. The hotel also bills itself as the only Native American owned hotel in Santa Fe - which some might find a positive.

The negative aspects include the strange HEAART* fee the hotel includes in your total price - this fee provides you with 'free' parking, 'free' wifi, the 'free' shuttle and some other things. This fee comes at a daily cost of $15 and I overheard several guests complaining to the front desk about it, or asking if they can not pay it. It seems you have to pay it, so why the hotel doesn't just include it in the price boggles the mind of this reviewer. It just seems to over-complicate things.
That said I enjoyed the shuttle; I used the parking and the wifi was okay - although you had to re-log in every time you connected which can be a chore for long stays.
I also understand a portion of the HEAART fee goes to supporting local NPO's - but I dislike paying money to charities I do not know myself.
The other negative was that the hotel provided free tea and coffee from 7.30am till midday and then charged you for it afterwards. This seemed strange.

To conclude my stay at the Hotel Santa Fe was excellent despite all its strange quirks and complicated rules - wifi should just work, parking should be free or not, shuttles should come at no cost or with a cost - if coffee is free, it should be so all day.
That said I cannot say I had a bad stay. It was very good. And I would certainly stay again.

1  Thank Wonderboy1000

Your critique of your stay is gratefully received and we re pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and will return in spite of our “quirks”. To address the HEAART Fee, it is often known as a parking, wifi or resort fee at our competitors and we choose to highlight it as a separate charge instead of adding it to the room charge which would equate to the same difference!? It highlights the facilities we provide, as well as a contribution to our local charities. It is an acronym for “Health, Education, Art (Charities), Amenities, Resources and Transportation (and Parking)” at the Hotel!