1,840 results
All reviewsamaya restaurantbutler servicehacienda sectionowned hotelnative americansfree shuttle serviceresort feethe main hoteljunior suitecontinental breakfasthappy hourhotel shuttlebottled waterrail yardsmall balconyrailyard districtnew mexico
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have stayed in many Santa Fe Hotels over the years - all highly rated. This year I chose Hotel Santa Fe because the garden tour I was taking left from there. To my surprise it is now my favorite Santa Fe Hotel where I will always stay. The reception desk staff was gracious upon my arrival and helpful in every way throughout the four days I was there. The concierge answered my many questions about where to go and what to do. The decor was delightful - attractive with outstanding examples of New Mexican art tastefully displayed.
Dining in the attractive courtyard was very pleasant with delicious cuisine. This hotel is outstanding - a not to be missed treat.

Room Tip: I think every room is a good one. Mine had a lovely balcony on the third floor overlooking the main entrance garden with the mountains in the background.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We love that you finally discovered us and have become your favorite hotel! Thank you so very much for your great compliments and look forward to welcoming you back to next years garden tour Behind Adobe Walls!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed at Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda and Spa for a long weekend. I got into town earlier than expected and the cheerful concierge upgraded me free of charge to a junior suite so I could check in. The room was very large with a nice sitting area, balcony, king size bed, and bathroom. The suite had two televisions one in the sitting area and one in the bedroom; both were on the older side, but it didn't bother me. The room and the bathroom were very clean. A neat touch was the eco-friendly soap that's missing the often discarded middle part. Water pressure was great in the shower and the water warmed up quickly. I was able to fall asleep without a problem. The bed was comfy and you had number of pillows to choose from. The pool and hot tub area were also very nice. The pool wasn't busy when I was around so it was a peaceful place to catch up on some reading. A nice touch was the coffee and tea near the elevators each morning. You can pop out grab a cup of joe and start your adventures for the day.

The hotel staff were exceptionally friendly. There was always a polite doorman who said hello and good night. The concierge staff were helpful with directions and provided bottled water for your daily treks around town. The hotel isn't super close to the plaza but its only a short 10 -15 minute walk away. Plus, the hotel shuttle is always available to take you to local attractions or pick you up from a busy day of shopping. The hotel is close to the Santa Fe rail yard which is home to some good restaurants and great contemporary art galleries. Plus, if you don't rent a car, you can take the train up from Albuquerque. Another neat convenience is its a short walk to Whole Foods so if you need any snacks, you won't have to search far for a grocery store.

I had a lovely stay at the hotel. I didn't have a chance to eat at the Amaya restaurant or visit the spa. I'll make sure to try both when I return. I would recommend the Hotel Santa Fe to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write to tripadvisor.com with such kind words and we are all delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Please do come back soon!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent 4 days at the Hotel Santa Fe July 19-22, 2012. I went to SF for a couple of special occasions during that time. I read TA reviews of various hotels before selecting this one. The Hotel Santa Fe has a more luxurious sister property, Hacienda, but I chose this property based on price. I was traveling alone and wanted to stay at $200 max nightly, taxes and fees included.

Santa Fe properties are pricey, and I wanted to be near the Plaza. Their website shows over $200 during high season, so I called the hotel directly. A very nice woman, Shayla, accomodated my requested budget and noted my birthday on the reservation. She sent a confirming email and promptly answered a few questions I had via email: how often shuttle runs (fairly regularly, also they run it when you want it), breakfast/coffee included (no breakfast included in lower rate; coffee pot in room, coffee in the lobby), and a couple of other questions.

I rented a car from the ABQ airport, although there is a shuttle that stops at Hotel Santa Fe and I saw them delivering/picking up guests for the airport. There is ample parking for your car in their lot.

On arrival, Eloy was at the front desk and was so kind. For my birthday, he upgraded me to a Jr. Suite and the hotel so generously gifted me with a bottle of wine, bringing an opener and wine glass. Perfect start to the holiday.

My room (#120) on the ground floor had a small patio with lush greenery. The room was very quiet. The bed and pillows were so comfortable, which is a huge criteria for me in a hotel. The water pressure in the shower wasn't good but they appear to use water-saving shower heads (in the desert, water conservation is huge) so don't expect a heavy waterfall shower. I didn't turn on the TV, but it's an old fashioned box style, not flat screen on the wall, if that matters to you. If you bring your computer (I did), there's a desk and easy free wifi. The air conditioning worked beautifully.

Some may find this a negative, but it was fine for me: the wing next to the lobby, where I stayed, the 110-120's, faces away from the sunlight. The room (120) wasn't very brightly lighted by the sun. I am fine with that as I sleep later and don't mind opening the blinds and turning on lights during the day. Some guests may prefer to be in a wing with more direct (read: quite hot in the summer) sunlight and a brighter room. If that is important to you, request that. Also be aware that some of those brighter rooms may overlook the pool and a rooftop, so ask about that as well if it concerns you.

Minibar fridge, microwave. Bathtub/shower combo. Robes are a nice plus (one less thing to pack). The hairdryer worked fine. There is an iron/board in the closet. I like my herbal tea before bed and the pleasant front desk man, Chuck, gave me a hot mug of water nightly.The carpet, some furnishings and bathrooms were a bit tired, but the rooms are clean and what would be a 4* review for a serviceable hotel is bumped to 5* because of the fantastic service in every facet of this property.

I cashed a $20 in one's the frist day and I was so happy to use them--from the housekeepers to the drivers, I can't stress how kind the staff is, and those few extra dollars were well spent.

It is a nice bonus that is is Native-American owned.

There is an additional $15 daily fee which includes ample parking, wifi in your room, use of the business center's computer and to print, free coffee and tea in the lobby in the mornings. I felt better about paying a "resort fee" when I read that it is used for various community contributions: youth scholarships, HIV assistance, the symphony,and the like.

There is a continental buffet breakfast which I had once (it's about $13 with tax). Coffee, tee, granola and cereals, yoghurt, fruits, divine pastries.

I saw guests coming from the pool, but I didn't see/use it.

I both walked to the Plaza and took the easy-to-spot even in the crowded Plaza area purple shuttle (the tip basket is there, so it's nice to have $1 bills for this). I called when it was so hot and they picked me up at a certain store in the Plaza and took me back to the hotel. What was lovely is that it's free within a mile of the hotel, and you simply call, tell them which shop or street you are on and they'll pick you up there. The ordinary hours are from morning (I'm not an morning person, so I don't know how early) until 10pm. One night, I stayed out late, and the hotel so kindly sent someone to pick me up around 1:00 am.

The hotel's sister property has a spa. I thought the massages/treatments were a bit pricey (about 160+ tax + tip for massage, so, $200 for massage), and I didn't indulge. They sounded tempting--sugar scrubs & aromotherapy with massage.

On Friday and Saturday nights, 7-9 pm, there is free live music by a well-known and highly regarded Native American musician, Ronald (____) who plays soothing, lovely music. I caught the last few minutes one night on my way out.

At check-out, consistent with the wonderful staff service, I was permitted a later checkout by the friendly Antoinette, which was perfect for my return flight schedule.

Everyone, from the nice doorman, to Eloy, Shayla, Antoinette, the driver David, Frances and (Sonya or Tanya?) at the front desk, to the night clerk, Chuck, truly made this stay a delightful experience. I am very grateful fro their kindnesses.

I don't consider this property "deluxe" but I consider it a great value and was so very happy with it. I'd stay again and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Book a junior suite if the rate is reasonable. Quiet rooms along the row of 110-120's are a bit darker, w/o direct sunlight.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Whatever marvelous words form a truly marvelous guest/critic!! Your care and concern on writing a lengthy review is greatly appreciated and your kind words have been passed on to all concerned.

It is truly gratifying to know that our attitude of “we care” is being recognized.

Many thanks!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Reviewed July 18, 2012

large classy room in hacienda section of hotel. very comfortable. excellent service - we arrived at 11p and the pool / hot tub was closed but they offered to reopen it for us. breakfast included was decent. short walk to downtown area. wife tried massage at spa and liked it. close enough to town for walking, far enough away to be quiet. we also stayed at hotel st. francis downtown for our final night in santa fe as hotel santa fe was full. also a very nice hotel but rooms there are small and breakfast is not included.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words and we are sorry that you had to leave us for your last night. Please come back soon!!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great facility and accommodations. This all started working with a very capable and friendly Jenna Proctor, Sales Manager. Our group consisted of family members ranging in age from 3 to 85. The entire Hotel staff contributed making our five (5) day family reunion a great success. The front desk personnel, Chris, Gabriel and Frances were always helpful. Our banquet food was very good thanks to the Management, Todd and Sophie.

We recommend this fine Hotel to others not only due to the fine staff but the shuttle service and central location to the Plaza and other activities within Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Suggest a room near the stairs to minimize elevator wait time.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We are all delighted to know that you had a “great family reunion” and your wonderful compliments have been passed on to all the staff, especially Jenna, Sophie, Todd, Chris, Gabe and Frances! Will you join us again next year?

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House