We stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe in a Hacienda Suite for 6 nights at the end of May. We chose this hotel because we wanted a suite, a gym and a swimming pool. There were a few other hotels that had all of those amenities but either the rooms were too small or the rate was much higher. Additionally, almost all of the other hotels charged for internet, parking and use of the gym. All were included in the price of this hotel. This hotel is a little bit away from the downtown area so the price was much lower. We were extremely pleased with our choice. First, the hotel itself is very pretty with a nice layout. The suite we stayed in was very comfortable with a nice sized bedroom and a nice living area with a pull-out couch. The bathroom was very nice as well. There was also a small terrace outside the living area which was a perfect place to sip coffee and stare out at the mountains. The hacienda offers a free continental breakfast each morning with coffee, tea, juice, cereal, croissants, bagels, granola, milk, lots of fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs and oatmeal. While some may prefer a larger breakfast, this was perfect for us as the food in New Mexico is really delicious and we wanted to save room for a great lunch and dinner each day. There is also a free happy hour each afternoon from 4:30 to 7, I believe, where they offer wine, coffee and some food such as tacquitos, crackers and cheese or egg rolls. There is turn-down service each night with a pretty box of chocolates left on each bed. Regarding the hotel's location, it is literally less than a very casual ten minute walk from the downtown area. The result is that you can be in town in minutes, but you have a very quiet location to stay at. There is also a free shuttle service from and back to the hotel that is always available. Another nice thing about this location is that if you walk in the other direction, away from the downtown area, you are in a local community with really good restaurants and art galleries. I think if you stayed at any other hotel you would never experience this area. The staff at the hotel was superb! Every single person went out of their way to assist us and everyone was extremely friendly. The staff made us feel as though we were guests in their home. I did have an opportunity to use the spa and that was excellent as well. One of the best massages I have ever had. The gym was a bit small, but unfortunately, I was not able to use it more than once anyway. I had not quite adjusted to the altitude and working out gave me a really bad headache. My husband did use it every day. One last thing - the bed was REALLY comfortable. I am extremely picky and this was one of the best beds I have slept in - rivaled only by Westin beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering spacious accommodations along with cultural activities, this Native American-owned hotel is situated in Santa Fe's Railyard District and features exceptional on-site spa services and gourmet dining options. Hotel Santa Fe offers a unique cultural experience with on-site ceremonial dance performances, historical storytelling and an on-site gift shop featuring hand-made crafts. Guests can also enjoy relaxing around the outdoor fireplace and listening to live Native American music. Guests at the Hotel Santa Fe can also enjoy Native American-inspired cuisine at the on-site Amaya Restaurant or unique cocktails at Amaya Bar. The hotel also features an outdoor swimming pool and lush outdoor gardens. In the area surrounding the Hotel Santa Fe, guests can easily discover a number of art galleries, museums and restaurants. Historic downtown Santa Fe is also located only a short distance away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda Santa Fe
- Hotel Santa Fe And Hacienda And Spa