“Lovely hotel”

Hotel Santa Fe
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Had to spend a couple of days on business in Santa Fe in May and didn't want to drive back and forth (I live in Albuquerque) so I stayed 2 nights at the lovely Hotel Santa Fe. Quiet, beautifully appointed and centrally located but without the traffic of downtown hotels in its class. Love that it's Native American owned and that shows in the decor and feel of the place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
PaulMargetsonGM, General Manager at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words and I hope you will have more business in Santa Fe again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Santa Fe

Reviewed June 20, 2011

This hotel is beautiful inside and out, but be sure to get at least a Jr Suite. Ours was spacious and comfortable with a little balcony and couch. Our friends had a standard room which was small. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and are very relaxing. Some of the other reviews here complain about the staff, but our experience was great. Staff was friendly and prompt, even the shuttle driver was nice. The microwave in the room was strange since there was nothing to cook in it, and I would have preferred a coffee pot. But the coffee near every elevator in the morning was the best on our road trip from Dallas to Vegas and back. The pool was great, though they did ask us to leave it promptly at it's closing time of 10:00 pm. I guess the kids were making too much noise for a week day. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a Jr Suite. Other rooms are small.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Cb1972
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were very late checkins, but the staff was welcoming. They upgraded our rooms for free to Junior Suites. The rooms were lovely and comfortable. I got a very good night's sleep! Mine featured a balcony overlooking the pool and trees. The hotel, itself, is beautiful and decorated with Native American art. This is the only hotel in Santa Fe owned and run by local tribe members - it is exquisite! The hotel property has many large trees and the hotel is a charming example of Santa Fe-style architecture. The location is about 6 blocks from the plaza and Georgia O'Keefe museum, but it is an easy and interesting walk. I was sorry to leave and will definitely book here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank sandy-eggan
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend with family. The hotel is nice and very well located. The only issue I have is with the service and attitude. They are not outright rude but border it. For example, we got in at approximately 2PM and when I went to check in they told me that a room was not available, something not unusual, however instead of offering me some kind of assistance with bags or saying something kind, they just pointed out that their policy states that check in is at 4PM.
Same for extended check out. They wanted $50 for an extra 30 min.

Would I stay there again? Probably not unless I get a very good deal that makes me forget about attitude..

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Stefano058
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Stayed on the Friday night of Memorial Day Weekend, although busy we received excellent service. We had a junior suite and it was reasonably priced. The room is very small, but decorated beautifuly. The bathroom has the sink outside the bathroom and is beyond tiny-but we didn't care. The lobby is just fantastic and at night they had entertainment that you could hear in the restaurant and the gentleman was wonderful-tranditional Indian music! I wouldn't recommend the restaurant due to service-seems they had one gal working most of the restaurant-she ran around trying to please everyone as did the manager. We had the pre-fix dinner that was good and probably worth the money (salad/soup, entree and dessert for $23). Breakfast was just okay. The hotel is a bit away from the plaza but they take you over there at no charge. We were very, very happy with our stay at Hotel Santa Fe!

2  Thank DebbieSanAntonio
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I chose this hotel based on TA reviews for the memorial day weekend holiday and felt for its level of quality and reasonable rate that this is a great hotel. We stayed in a deluxe room in the Hacienda and the room was really very nice. I was a little disappointed we were on the first floor for the busy weekend but it was quiet and we slept well. The view of the car park is blocked by a bamboo style fence. Beds are comfy and the entry is decorated very tastefully in native American style, as is the hotel. The lounge on the 6th floor serves a good continental breakfast in a lovely setting - some outside seating too. Tea and coffee is served in the afternoon - not much on the snack side though, at least when we stopped by. Pool is a bit small but is ok for a city hotel. Did not eat at the restaurant as we wanted to eat at the Plaza area but menu and atmosphere were both good. On 2 occassions we tried to have a drink on the patio in the afternoon but we twiddled our thumbs for 10 mins as the waitresses chatted with each other and prepared for dinner service so we gave up. Bar area is small but again, a lovely native American ambience. I would highly recommend the hotel as it is lovely but saying that I think I should have splashed out a bit more and stayed at the Plaza. Some of the hotels there are gorgeous and it is just so much more convenient to go out at night and have a few drinks. As others have said, there is a hotel shuttle to the Plaza which runs until 10pm. TA had warned of the walk to the Plaza so I should have heeded that advice but this does not take away from a lovely hotel.

2  Thank spotdog
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The service we received and location of the the hotel couldn't have been better. Even on a chilly damp visit we were in walking distance to most everything in the heart of Santa Fe. If walking wasn't an option the hotel provided excellent on call shuttle service. Staying in the Hacienda provided privacy and a sense of quiet that was much needed and appreciated. A nice breakfast and happy hour were provided in the lounge and the butler service was exceptional.."thanks Tom!". The only things that I can think of that could be improved upon are the pool area (not that we were able to utilize it on this trip due to weather) and the mattresses. Although I did enjoy a nice relaxing massage at the hotel, I cannot in good faith say that it is a "true" spa. The therapists are on call and there are no indoor spa facilities (saunas, hot tubs etc.)

3  Thank HogFan1