“Terrific treat!”

Hotel Santa Fe
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 2, 2007

After reading all the various reviews on the top hotels in the area we decided to take a chance at the Hacienda@ Hotel Santa Fe.Our check in went smoothly and we were greeted by our "Butler" at the front desk-he escorted us to to a separate annex in the back of the hotel which is opened with a gate key for additional security. Our room was on the 4th floor which is really street level- I expressed my disappointment because our view was of the parking lot-our butler called the front desk and asked for other available rooms to show us. We took a short tour and aside from "upgrading" at an additional charge we decided to stay in the original room offered us. It was in fact lovely with a gas fireplace and a comfortable sitting area(not bright and sunny)The bathroom was small but quality-my guess is the rooms were recently refurbished. The bed was very comfortable with great sheets and comfortable pillows. There was a bowl of fresh fruit and two bottles of water set on the table with a nice note from the hotel. Our butler showed us the consierge lounge and bought us our first round of drinks . The lounge was cozy and well appointed. There was a very friendly women acting as bartender and hostess. Other guests were friendly as if we were in a friends home. The hotel offers free shuttle service into town and to local restaurants- many times it was our butler who drove us in and he always reconfirmed our dinner reservations and offered his opinions which were very helpful. We did a lot of tipping which might have been why his service was so attentive but we were happy to do it because this young man was so charming and helpful.(Even bringing extra chocolates to our room) Our deal was wonderful and although the hotel is outside of town(people do walk in) I would stay there again. I even had an 80 min massage for a very reasonable price- the room was not special but I was told they are building a complete spa in the near future. We spent no time in the main hotel and did not eat there(even though breakfast was included) it was a great homebase to come back and relax in after exploring the area!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank njtransfer
There are newer reviews for Hotel Santa Fe

Reviewed August 24, 2007

Stayed on Friday night. In town on business. The Hacienda (35 rooms) is part of the larger Hotel Santa Fe, which is a few blocks away from the main square. The streets around the hotel are busy commercial streets but it was not noisy. The room was large and comfortable, with a nice tile shower (no bath) and a working fireplace. The bed and bedding were terrific. The room had blinds -- I wished it also had curtains, especially since it was a first floor room. The continental breakfast was mediocre. The staff was very polite and courteous. Parking was very close and free. All in all an excellent stay and perfect for couples.

Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank nightfly
Reviewed August 20, 2007

A lovely looking hotel with many little touches which add to the aesthetic, love the wig wam in the back garden though have no idea what the purpose of it was! We stayed in August so the hotel was busy but there was always room by the pool. Never used the free shuttle service as it was very conveniently located for downtown, really no more that a 5 or 10 minute walk. Would certainly go again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank member74
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Traveling the US the 12th time, staying in at least 100 different hotels in over 30 states, I must admit, that this hotel was by far the best I have ever experienced - clean, authentic, charming, friendly - simply perfect.

uwe@grunewald-online.de (Germany)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank UGrunewald
Reviewed August 13, 2007

I stayed at Hotel Santa Fe for 8 nights as I was attending a conference in Santa Fe. I would certainly go back. I loved their shuttle service!!! It was superb. They took us to our conference and picked us up with just a phone call. They will take you and pick up from many of the sites within a certain radius. Phenomenal.

The setting is lovely and pool and hot tub very desirable. Also I loved having coffee and tea available on each floor as a courtesy and they had Splenda! Also free New York Times av ailable in the mornings. Restaurant excellent and a lovely waitress with a beautiful smile. It is true that the bathrooms are small but doable. I was in a jr picuris suite. The only area where they need work is with their male front desk workers. A couple were rude and have not been trained in hotel hospitality and folks on our shuttle would laugh about it. Other than that, it was all wonderful!!

mgmn, walnut creek, ca

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank mgmn
Reviewed July 7, 2007

Just driving up to the hotel and seeing the beautiful exterior we knew we were in for a wonderful stay. The outside is typical adobe and has wonderful plants and art work around. Checking in was a breeze and as a matter of fact, the young man who checked us in had graduated from where my husband is from. Since the hotel is only 3 floors it is quaint and homey feeling. The room is very nice with a very large bed (comfortable) and one of the best things was the balcony thru french doors to the outside. It was wonderful in the mornings. The bathroom is small - but I don't like anyone else in there when I am - so who cares. We purchased breakfast with our room rate. My husband went down every morning and had a full breakfast and I came later and had fruit. In the evening, the lounge was very nice. Try the fruit passion margaritta. Angela (behind bar) has her own "special". The hotel is .6 from the plaza and is a nice little walk. Maybe a little far after staying out all day. We would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank ninnasuttle
Reviewed July 7, 2007

My wife and I just returned from five nights in the Hacienda section of the Santa Fe Hotel. From the separate key-card controlled entrance, the separate lounge, and the spacious rooms with full shower stalls to the free shuttle service within a mile of the hotel, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at this hotel. Also, we found the hotel restaurant, Amaya, to be excellent as well. We had dinner there more than once, enjoying the buffalo filet, Kobe sirloin and salmon. Our only criticism of the room would be the pillows (down/feather pillows drive me crazy). The art works around the hotel are very nice and the hotel was perhaps the quitest place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family