“Affordable and atmospheric”

El Rey Court
Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were staying someplace else in Santa Fe that had many noisy spirits moving around all night so we decided to move after the first night. We stayed several nights then at the El Rey and found it very restful, with character at a very affordable price. It has southwestern charm, and very comfortable rooms (ours had a fireplace).We would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MMMSebastopol
There are newer reviews for El Rey Court

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Spent one night at El Rey and loved it. Easy access to downtown and the plaza. Grounds are wonderful. Unit was a combo of Southwest and art deco bathroom. Nice people at desk and those who served a very good breakfast. This place goes back to the Route 66 days, but is in great shape today.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BeyondMilwaukee
Reviewed March 19, 2014

After many stays with my family and friends, it needs to be known this is a great hotel. Clean rooms, strong Wi-Fi, free breakfast (with personalized service), and plenty of parking. All rooms seem to be unique in their own way. Also, it is in a great location to the plaza, business communities and interstate 25. Will be returning soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan T
Reviewed March 16, 2014

From the check in process through the viewing of the room and grounds, everything was as it should be for a hotel begun in the late 1930's when Route 66 went by the front of the El Rey.

The room we stayed in was in the back, on the second floor. It was added to the motel in a later time, and had all the amenities, plus a feeling of staying in Santa Fe, with a tiled bathroom, viga ceiling and a gas fired kiva. There was nothing to dislike.

We did not have the opportunity to take advantage of the outdoor pool or hot tub, but I assume that both are in keeping with the good condition of the rest of the property.

You will not be staying at a Marriott, but you should enjoy your stay and believe that you more than got your money's worth.

Room Tip: You might look at the rooms before you decide. The front desk is more than accommodating.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Wgou
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife always passed this hotel on the way in and out of Santa Fe. I told my wife that before w move back east we need to spend at least one night. Our last night in Santa Fe we did just that. The room was beautiful with a fireplace right at the foot of the bed. It was snowing outside so we stopped at Albertsons and got some snacks and huddled in for the night. Very we'll furnished. Very Santa Fe-ish. A 1950's feel and comfortable. I'm glad we stayed here. Perhaps we shall do it again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Onerenegade
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past, and it is the highlight of my business trips to Santa Fe. The inn is older and full of character, which is what I love most about it. The staff is accommodating, and if ever anything needs attention, I ask for David or Sylvia and it is taken care of immediately. Each room is different, with skylights, block glass, and corian counters. I request the same room and get it almost every time. Parking is fantastic at the door of your room and the outdoor hot tub is chlorine free and has lovely ambiance. Several restaurants are walking distance as well as a grocery store. The flowers in the spring and summer dribble from a rooftop garden.There are porch swings and rockers and tables and chairs for outdoor eating as well as fountains to promote relaxation. They have a lovely lobby with comfy sofas and chairs. I don't think I can say enough. I hear that they now have a refrigerator in each room. I just wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room, they are just all different.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We spent Christmas in Santa Fe with our two small children this year and the El Rey Inn was a highlight! The room was true to Santa Fe style, cozy and and inviting. The breakfast was great and the staff was helpful and kind. We will definitely be back!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family