“Contemporary cuisine with Southwestern flavors. The outside seating is very romantic and zen.”
Review of Luminaria

Luminaria
Reserve with OpenTable
Luminaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 587 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Alameda
Description: At the crossroads of modern sophistication and rustic Southwestern charm stands Luminaria Restaurant and Patio. A modern Santa Fe restaurant influenced by the past, Luminaria is a microcosm of Santa Fe itself, always managing to impart casual sophistication and simple elegance. Timeless authenticity and robust flavors round out the palate of this truly unique Santa Fe dining experience. Luminaria highlights the flavors of New Mexico with a global flare, sourcing from the freshest local and regional ingredients. Dine under the stars on the secluded patio during warm months or indoors next to a cozy fire in winter.
Reviewed June 18, 2009

4  Thank stylish_asian_girl

Reviewed February 25, 2009

This is the 3rd or 4th iteration of a restaurant in this hotel and the best yet. Very creative, innovative food at reasonable prices. If you're a local, you can join their Legacy Club for free and get 20% off any time. They also have the best outside dining space in the city.

6  Thank woodspinner
Reviewed October 14, 2008

My wife and I dine out frequently and certainly know the difference between good and bad meals in terms of both food & service. On our last night in Santa Fe, we dined at Luminaria. This was our best meal in Santa Fe. Both the food and level of service was exceptional and truly over the top. A wonderful dining experience not to be missed.
B&R New York

4  Thank bobo46
Reviewed October 6, 2008

We went to Luminaria to celebrate a friend's birthday with Sunday brunch. The food was nice, the service was good, the decor is amazing. We had been there about an hour, and I went to use the restroom. The restaurant shares a bathroom with the hotel, and there were about 6 women in line. So I returned to the table to wait. About 15 minutes later I got up again and there was still a very long line. At that point I walked until I found another restroom in the hotel lobby, and then returned to the table. At that point, (we had already paid) the waiter asked if we needed anything else. When we said no, he walked away, threw his hands in the air, and gestured to the hostess. There were numerous other empty tables, so we didn't feel like we needed to hurry out. About one minute later he came back and said, "I need to ask you to leave, we need this table. We have booked the entire other side for a party and so we can't seat anyone over there, and there are people waiting." I was SHOCKED. I myself waited tables in some very nice places in college and I would NEVER have dreamed of asking a table to leave. If they booked a party, they should have realized they would not be able to seat everyone the moment that they arrived, and they might even have to forgo some walk-in business. The final part of this story is that the next day, i realized that I must have left my credit card at the restaurant. I called and they gave me the run-around, finally transferring me to the accounting department!? When I cancelled my card, the credit card company told me that someone had fraudulently charged nearly $700 worth of groceries, and other things. Of course, I can't prove that a restaurant employee took my card and used it and I am not saying that the restaurant was involved, but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm sure I won't return.

1  Thank SWChickie
strogdon, Front Office Manager at Luminaria, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2008

Dear Rooz,
My name is Sarah Trogdon and I am the Front Office Manager here at The Inn and Spa at Loretto. I just read your review and I am horrified about the fraudulent credit card charges. I would like to investigate this matter. Would you please contact me.
Sarah Trogdon
505-988-5531 or by email strogdon@destinationhotels.com

Reviewed July 27, 2008

I was invited to the Grand Opening of Luminaria, and was very imjpressed. They have an "up with the trend" drink menu that you are finding in Vegas, New York, and San Fran. I am a new in town, and this was prettty impressive for Santa Fe. I spoke with the bartender and manager who came up with the libstions, wich included my favorite the Apple Sage Cooler, made with as many local ingredients as seasonally possible. I only got a breif introduction to the food, but it was way above average.

5  Thank jlllcm