“Wish we'd found this place sooner”
Review of Clafoutis

Clafoutis
Ranked #4 of 583 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Clafoutis is a French Restaurant and Bakery that serves Breakfast and Lunch. We baked fresh bread and pastries daily.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My only regret is that we tried Clafoutis on our last morning in Santa Fe.

This is a tiny little restaurant, not much to look at on the outside (not to mention the inside). But our breakfast here was oh, so good, and we truly overdid it! I ordered eggs with bacon and croissant and the eggs were perfectly, softly scrambled, the bacon crisp, and the croissants as flaky and delicious as any I've had in Paris. The eggs are served in adorable little frying pans and the croissants and baguettes come in miniature colanders. Too cute!

We couldn't help ourselves and tried a few pastries to share, as well. Fantastic! I only wish we didn't live on the other side of the country or we'd be making this a regular weekend stop.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,357)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Since restaurant was crowded on the morning of our first visit for breakfast so obviously has a good following. I can see why. It is really quite good with a great selection of offerings from wonderful French pastries to crepes, omelette, quiche, etc. Service had us seated immediately, took our order shortly thereafter and delivered our food promptly. They also continued to follow up with us regularly. I would certainly return for lunch and dinner. Qui, qui, qui!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I went to the Clafoutis French Bakery specifically for pastries and were not disappointed. Great selection, size for the price and delicious! The staff were very friendly and efficient. We will be sure to visit this restaurant again and again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived on Sat morning. The place was swamped, but we were seated promptly and had great service. DH and I had the egg and meat croissant. We took beignets and macaroons to go. If I lived in Santa Fe, this place would be a weekly ritual.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I quickly got into the habit of stopping at Clafoutis before heading out to the desert to do some exploring. A delicious latte, what they refer to as Raisin Bread, but is actually a deconstructed sticky bun, and best of all, a sugar-coated brioche. Both are, as they say "To Die For". Charming French wait staff with ready smiles and some of the most incredible looking pies, tarts, and cakes imaginable. It's a good thing it's no where near home, or I'd weigh 400 lbs.! One bad thing: very limited parking. Other than that - perfection!