“Over Crowded”

Clafoutis French Bakery & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 555 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Clafoutis is a French Restaurant and Bakery that serves Breakfast and Lunch. We baked fresh bread and pastries daily.
Germany
“Over Crowded”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend and I went early on a Saturday morning and it was way overcrowded, you couldnt even get near the place, we circled around and around before deciding to do a quick illegal parking job to run in and get some pastry to go. We had a baguette and a few sweet pastries and was overall disappointed. Maybe the actual sit down breakfast options are better but the bread and pastries were way to dry for me and I have ate in Paris so I know that they are not to be so dry. Sorry think I would try another option next time

Visited October 2012
2 Thank trippinroundeurope

Taos, New Mexico
“A little bit of Paris in Santa Fe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Breakfasts are a delight, and I dare you, no, double dare you to leave with a little something from the take-out bakery case! The Pain au Chocolate are HEAVEN!

Visited July 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best Croissants and Crepes I have ever eaten!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I ate here late on a Saturday morning and while it was packed, we didn't have to wait a super long time to sit down. As we were waiting, I saw the last almond croissant and snagged it. I had read the previous reviews about how delicious they were and oh my, were they right! The almond croissant was fresh and buttery. The almonds add a wonderful flavor and the icing was just right, not too sweet but sweet enough! LOVE IT!

We also had a sandwich and a breakfast egg croissant which were tasty and fresh. We also splurged on the Nutella Crepes. I can honestly say these were by far the BEST crepes I have ever eaten. First of all, I love Nutella. Second, the crepes were light and fluffy and not at all gummy like some I've had before.

I was very pleased with the quality and the price of the food in addition to the friendly staff.

• Visited October 2012
Tucson
“Great, Except for Manners”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great, Except for Manners

If you want to enjoy a nice finish to a late lunch, DO NOT ARRIVE AFTER 2:30 PM!

My daughter and I were in Santa Fe for our annual late October trip from Tucson to experience the Autumn season with delightfully cool temperatures and beautiful color - escaping the unrelenting Tucson heat. We had read many positive reviews for Clafoutis while in the trip planning stage and decided this was going to be the place for our Friday, and final, lunch (October 26) in town. We arrived at 3:05 PM and were aware of the 4:00 PM closing time. We ordered the Salade Charlotte and The Country, neither of which required cooking time. The restaurant had only one other table that was occupied. The polite but somewhat harried server did not speak French, as some other reviewers had mentioned. Our generous and lovely meals arrived within ten minutes. We were both delighted with the quality of our selections, were fully enjoying ourselves, recounting our wonderful last few days in Northern New Mexico and saying how we would certainly write very positive reviews for this restaurant. We were nearly finsihed and ready to ask for take home boxes when the server came to the table about 3:35 PM and asked that I select a dessert that was a part of my order. At 3:40 PM this server began to loudly stack the dining chairs upon the tables. He came to our table asking us to take care of the bill and delivered the to go boxes at 3:45 PM. We said nothing about the "rush", transferred the remaining food into the boxes and promptly paid the bill, leaving several minutes before the 4:00 PM closing time. Upon exciting the dining area moving toward the front door, we had to walk through the floor sweepings - not a particularly pleasant sight nor last memory of the lunch.

I want to emphasize that both my daughter and I have worked in public businesses with stated closing times and would NEVER rush customers. We were obviously near completing our transaction. At closing time, we might offer a polite and gentle reminder of the hour. Note, that we had already indicated the need for boxes to go. We are very respectful of other's time. This behavior led us to make the opening review comment.

In summation: Manners poor; Food very good; Go early!

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Suzanne-Tom
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I usually go to clafoutis once a month. The atmosphere is a bit loud... it is always crowded & chaotic whenever I go...but the food is always yummy! The staff is always cheerful & efficient. I recommend clafoutis!

• Visited July 2012