“What a great little spot!”
Review of Clafoutis

Clafoutis
Ranked #4 of 583 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Clafoutis is a French Restaurant and Bakery that serves Breakfast and Lunch. We baked fresh bread and pastries daily.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

French bistro breakfast within walking distance of the plaza and most of the major hotels.

I hate it when I visit other cities and get jealous over the great, casual dining they have there. This is yet another spot I wish was in Austin, TX.

Small and bustling with great service. This is not a counter bakery but a little sit down French diner. Traditional sandwiches like Croque Madam but I had the breakfast sandwich with eggs, bacon, cheese and veggies. Perfectly seasoned.

Fresh squeezed O.J. and of course, some good coffee. What's not to like here?

2  Thank Johnny D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,357)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place has great character and good french food. Located directly off the plaza. We didn't try the crepes, but they looked amazing!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This was our first breakfast out in Santa Fe this past trip and it was wonderful. We parked across the street at a meter and opted to sit outside rather than wait for a table inside (parties of 2 were able to sit immediately, but tables for 4 were less plentiful).

Breakfast was delicious. I had french toast with a ton of fruit and chocolate drizzle on the plate (actually, all the breakfasts had the drizzle). My husband had a ham & cheese crepe which was great and they were definitely not stingy with the cheese. The juices were fresh and my husband reported the coffee was very good. We all left satisfied with our choices and full (kids were 9 and 12 and one is on the picky side).

I will most certainly dine here again and hope to visit for some pastries on another visit as well. Highly recommend.

2  Thank NotUrTypicalChick
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Thanks to some great reviews we read on Trip Advisor, we chose to eat breakfast here on a Saturday morning. It was heaven! Truly French through and through! The owners are from France. The atmosphere is absolutely charming - I just wish they could double the size of the seating area.

Their pastries are divine. We ordered beignets with hot chocolate to start. Then we also had croissants filled with scrambled eggs, I had the ham with it and my husband ordered bacon; and there was a very light barely there but oh so wonderful cheese sauce on top. We savored every bite. One of the specials was french toast, which came with a very generous portion of fresh fruit - we saw the wait staff bring out several orders of that item. I would have loved to have stayed all day and to have kept eating.

We ordered truffles to take with us - talk about melt in your mouth! They had 3 different kind- one with coconut on the outside, one with white chocolate on the outside and one other with just a dark chocolate outside.

If you're lucky, like we were, they have a small supply of marked down "day old" products on the counter just as you walk in. So we took some fruit filled pastries home with us for the next day.

It is an extremely efficient place, but you won't feel rushed once you're seated. The wait staff is very professional and friendly.

Don't be put off by a lack of parking at the restaurant. Right across the street is a lot with metered spaces. If you're a french pastry lover (or want to be), it's worth the wait.

1  Thank lifeisverygood2
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This french eatery is so unique in a town that itself is unique. My friend and I arrived a couple of hours from closing time; we were lucky there were any desserts at all. We chose a cherry clafoutis--we of course had to try the namesake treat. It was INCREDIBLE! I can only imagine what a fresh one tastes like. The coffee was strong and wonderful, the perfect counter to the rich and not-too-sweet clafoutis. I can't wait to get back there--early of course--to enjoy a croissant. I saw some food at other tables, it looked fresh, colorful, and delicious. Go here!