“Best Santa Fe lodgings - green, sustainable, and...”
other travelers have booked this property
Sleeping loft in the Green Room Green Room bathroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Sleeping loft in the Green Room
Green Room bathroom
Porch adjoining the Green Room
Garden with geodesic dome greenhouse
Front yard of Suitable Digs
olive tree greenhouse
Rock-lined swimming hole in the yard
another view of the swimming hole
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
melodyhop...
Lewistown, Montana
“Best Santa Fe lodgings - green, sustainable, and beautiful.”
Reviewed July 27, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Suitable digs is so much more than just lodgings; it's a beautifully created space created in sync with the surrounding land. Gardens, arts, plants, and paths weave in and out of the grounds. We choose the Green Room for our stay and it was a perfect fit. The naturally landscaped cool swimming hole/pool (home of the orange dragon fly) was one of my daughter's favorite parts of the area. I really can't say enough about Lisa's place. There were times during our vacation when we spent the whole day exploring/lounging Suitable Digs, because being there was as pleasurable as exploring Santa Fe. Highly highly recommended.

Date of stay: July 2017
Jul 29, 2017
Melody, thank you for such beautiful words! I'm so glad it was good for you and your daughter here, and I very much look forward to the next time!
Karl M
“Enjoyed My Stay”
Reviewed July 24, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

I booked for two weeks at Suitable Digs and was not sure how it would be but I was pleasantly surprised. I reserved the Green Room which consists of a sleeping loft, an open closet and roomy seating area which gave me plenty of room to move around and relax. I did have to share a bathroom but it was not an issue. Lisa is a wonderful host and she truly cares about your comfort. It's only a short drive from the plaza area. I found it nice to be away from the tourist crowd and enjoyed the serene atmosphere. I enjoyed my stay so much I booked again for August.

Date of stay: July 2017
Jul 26, 2017
Thank you, Karl! As you know, I loved having you stay here.
Will P
Allen, Texas, United States
“Best view in Santa Fe, Sunset & Sunrise”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

IT was a very pleasant stay. It was not just like any B & B, it was like staying at your favorite Aunt's/ or a friends place!! It was very relaxed, very clean, well kept. Their was lot to see at the B & B, from her nature yard, to the various knickknacks on the walls. She was very informative for directions to our daily adventures around Santa Fa. This is off the beaten path away from the busy downtown, which is what we wanted...The patio have a great view, both sunset and sunrise!!! You can even hear the coyotes at night!! We love the nature thats why we chose here. We really hated to leave...I so want to go back!!!! Thanks Lisa!!!

--PS.. "IF " any issue, just have a small section of dirt road up to her place, but its not that bad, easy to drive,

Date of stay: September 2013
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: So much to say.. ahh, location, atmosphere, price, the owner,....etc..
Liked least: Leaving!!!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
NY
Reviewed September 1, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Date of stay: July 2013
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
santa fe
Reviewed August 23, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Date of stay: August 2013
margitmar...
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Santa Fe green B&B in the wild - a lot more than a room”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Suitable digs is a bit in the wild - you have to drive a dirt road for about a mile - but quite convenient to downtown and the Opera. We got a clean loft bed and a little living room stocked with books, as well as a bath (could be shared but the other room was empty), and kitchen access. The owner Lisa explained with a handwritten map how to do a little morning walk, and showed us her solar green houses, including a fig tree, organic garden and compost. This is a clearly run by an environmentally conscious owner, so don't look for a TV. It was a lovely experience, and cheaper than most hotels for 3 nights.

Date of stay: July 2013
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jul 30, 2013
Thank you, Margit! I just want to make note of the fact that the dirt and gravel road is 1/2 mile long, and the Sun and Earth Rooms, as well as the Spartan, do have satellite TV.
Colorado Springs
Reviewed August 28, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Date of stay: August 2012
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing