We spent three evenings at this resort with our two young children. I did not notice, or was not bothered by, the "sea of paving" that a previous review mentioned - the resort grounds are beautiful - maybe they have added enough landscaping between that review in July and when we stayed in September. I did not use the spa, but I toured it, and it's beautiful. The pool and gym are top-notch. We did not eat at the restaurant, but we did have a drink at the bar and I highly recommend watching at least one sunset from that patio. The rooms are spacious and comfortable; my only complaint would be that the water temperature in the showers was not very hot. Although everyone at the hotel was super friendly, I think the service was a little "off" - maybe because of a wedding at the hotel? Without going into details, check-in was a little bizarre and there was no one available to take us to our room (we drove to the room and unloaded ourselves). Also, the hotel has this weird practice of having everyone dressed in "regular" clothes so it often feels like a random guest is walking up to talk to you until you realize the person works at the hotel. While we certainly felt comfortable having our two young children with us, it was not as child friendly as say the Amangani in Jackson Hole. The hotel is very close to downtown Santa Fe, which I found very child friendly, and would recommend people traveling with small children check out Bandelier National Park, Maven Chocolate Bakery and the Shidoni Foundry/Sculpture Park which is near the hotel. Oh yes, and the pastries at breakfast are DELICIOUS!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe