This was my first visit to Santa Fe and my first stay at an Auberge property, I loved it!. My 3-night experience (Feb 18 - 21, 2009) at Encantado was incredible! The resort is about 10-minutes from the art district of Santa Fe, nestled in quiet and beautiful foothills, has superb views and is architecturally appealing.
My casita was very spacious at over 650 square feet, a very large deck, a terrific view of the mountains, and was well designed and appointed (the Kiva wood burning fireplace was a treat). The bathroom was very spacious, had great amenities and a heated floor (a great feature). A well-stocked mini bar with complimentary (non-alcoholic) beverages was very welcome - as was the Keurig coffee maker and generous coffee and tea selections. Housekeeping did an incredible job and turn-down service was flawless.
The Encantado offers complimentary chauffeur service to and from the art district in Santa Fe, this made my need to drive unnecessary and I really appreciated that (along with the extraordinary "tips" shared by the drivers).
I did not take advantage of the Spa (unfortunately) but did tour the facilities - world class is not overstating my impression. The fitness facility is unquestionably one of the best I have seen, equipment is first-rate and the facility is very spacious and has great views. The out-door pool was closed for winter, however the outdoor jacuzzi pool was open (I intend to enjoy the Spa and pool when I return this summer).
The resort restaurant is superb! Excellent cuisine, a lovely venue, superior service and a large selection of terrific wines to compliment any meal. The bar was fairly quiet during my visit, service however was excellent and the drinks well mixed.
The entire Encantado Resort staff was genuinely gracious and first-class. I was addressed by name each time and was always asked if I needed anything to make my stay more enjoyable - very nice.
I look forward to my next visit to Santa Fe and staying at Encantado!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe