I am not a fan of "resorts" when I visit a city like Santa Fe because I would rather stay in the center of town so that I can catch up the "vibe" of the city, but we had heard so much about the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado that we decided to check it out during a recent visit.
The resort is located in beautiful setting about 10 miles from the center of town. They have a shuttle service that could take you into town, but the last pick up from the city is around 10:30 PM and I found that to be somewhat restrictive, especially if you want to lounge at one of the local bars after diner and break away from the resort. When we returned and got back to the hotel, the lounge was already closing which i found surprising -(we were expecting them to be open late especially because of the 10:30 PM curfew coming back). No apologies were made about it. " We are closing", is what we were told.
The rooms are huge with plenty of windows and light which we love, and i believe they all have a patio with lounge chairs. I found the staff helpful but not very attentive and somewhat distracted at times. I particularly found the service at the lounge and restaurant to be pretty average. I found myself constantly trying to catch the attention of servers, which were trying to get our orders at the bar while talking to other customers - this is a Four Seasons and you definitely expect professionalism and courtesy, if not to be "pampered" to say the least.
The restaurant is popular and many people come from town for dinner. The resort seems to be very popular with wealthy texans and you will notice. The best service we received was from the Valet and Bellman. They were great. The resort also has several convertible cars which they will make available to you for a whole day, but make sure you book the vehicle the day before.
Overall, I was expecting a lot more. The facilities are excellent, the service average to mediocre, the location is beautiful but too far from the city for my taste and the price.....definitely not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe