Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$229
$319
  • Pool
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Eldorado Hotel & Spa(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$216
$271
$244
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$191
$167
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Restaurant
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$149
$261
  • Restaurant
All reviewsheated floorsterra restaurantsummit suitedeluxe casitaguided hikein room diningnew mexicobeautiful propertydeep soaking tubhiking trailsfire pitsteam roomoutdoor fireplaceparking lothigh desertlarge showerturn down service
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here and easily could have moved in! Fabulous room and bathroom, all impeccably maintained. Can't say enough about the décor and furnishings. We had a second story room with a fireplace and balcony with beautiful views. This place feels private and is very comfortable. We especially loved the hiking trails at the hotel. The food at Terra was fabulous! and the views from the outdoor patios are simply stunning at sunset. We have only ever stayed in Santa Fe and I wasn't sure how we would feel about driving into town but it was a beautiful drive and only added to the experience. We did not, however, take the freeway into town opting instead for Bishops Lodge Road, sort of the back road. Loved our stay here, would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: For the best view and privacy opt for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TexasAMC3
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear TexasAMC3,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado for your first visit to the City Different. I sincerely appreciate the time you spent sharing your experiences and so glad that you were able to enjoy all that the resort has to offer. I am pleased to hear that “The food at Terra was fabulous and the views from the outdoor patios are simply stunning at sunset,” and it is a fact that the view of the sunsets at our resort is the best in Northern New Mexico! I will be happy to share your feedback with our Executive Chef, Andrew Cooper and the rest of the team. I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back for your next visit to Santa Fe as there are still much to explore of the City Different which one cannot accomplish in one visit. Once again, your time and feedback is greatly appreciated. Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you are looking to relax and be pampered while surrounded by the beautiful New Mexican desert, then look no further. We've visited Santa Fe several times and always stayed right in the hustle bustle of the center of town. Never realized til this visit how much MORE relaxing this place can be, when you are a quick 10-15 min away, in a naturally rustic setting surrounded by desert and mountains. Yes, you do have to take a car to get to all the shopping, galleries and restaurants. But the hotel provides comp shuttle rides to wherever you want to go in town, in a fleet of Mercedes SUVs. The trade-offs are killer sunsets off the hotel terrace and a very cool desert hiking loop (takes about 45 min) right out your back door. It was a great way to start the morning, as a gym alternative. (they do have a nice workout facility, but hey, I can walk on the treadmill at home.)

Food and beverage is a high point here.....the chef is big on local food sourciing and creative combinations. Favorites among the dishes we had.....smoked quail, cornmeal crusted trout and a grass fed beef burger that will have me running to Whole foods to try to recreate. The breakfast burrito was so stuffed with goodies it kept me going til dinner.
Monica was my aesthetician in the Spa and following a thorough consultation, gave me a world class facial. I kept the blissed out feeling going for another hour, lounging with a cup of tea, in front of the fire in the Warming Room (the "chill out after your treatment" place.)

On our last day, we did a half day outing with Adventure Partners, the on-site company that works with the hotel to provide guests with off the beaten path local experiences. Hans, the manager, arranged a hike at the former site of an old Indian pueblo at Tsankawi, a lesser known part of the Bandelier National Monument. We had the place entirely to ourselves and the views alone would have been worth the effort to get there. What made the outing so unique was our guide, a member of one of the local Indian tribes. What would have been essentially a pile of ruins if we were there alone, absolutely came alive as the vibrant agricultural community that thrived there 500 years ago. What a memorable way to learn about the local history and culture!

We have always felt as though Santa Fe is more than just a place.......it's a state of mind. Staying in this desert hideaway really made it the ultimate getaway weekend for us. Can't wait to it again soon!
PS Fireplace in the room was a great touch on the chilly evenings! We had a cozy fire every night.

2  Thank Lindsey I

Warmest greetings from the City Different!

I am thrilled beyond words to read that your recent visit at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado exceeded all of your exceptions. We are always delighted to hear such positive feedback from our valuable guests. You have paid us the highest compliment when you say, “Food & Beverage is a high point here,” and we would have to most certainly agree with you! Thank you for providing such excellent and descriptive details of your half-day tour with Adventure Partners. Northern New Mexico is truly enriched with beauty, tranquility and historical cultures and I am so happy to see that you were able to capture all of it during your visit with us! Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The resort is beautiful - however - their service is not up to Four Seasons standards. For example:
1. Dinner was great at Terra but had confirmed a birthday dessert with the manager and when I asked the waiter he said they do not do anything special for birthdays and there was no way I was confirmed a special dessert. I guess I was lying...
2. Their Spa is beautiful but their steam room was not working correctly. Reported many times to the manager and she said that 5 engineers had told her it was working - no one bothered to check with the guest - I guess I was lying again.
3. There was no spa attendant at all.
4. Housekeeper did not refill coffee or creamer or sugar. Had to call for refills.
5. Housekeeper did not show up until 3pm on the second day - looks like they have only 1 or 2 housekeepers - expected better at a Four Seasons.
6. No turn-down on the second night. (Maybe it is not a Four Seasons after all?)
7. Worked out at their beautiful fitness center... but... water cooler was empty - and no towels.
8. The staff does not say Good Morning or even Hey... it feels like the guests are bothering them. They need more training.
9. They tell us that you can use a Mercedes first come first served basis. When we asked it was only for suite guests... I guess I was lying yet again!
10. Got fed up and went to the Hyatt Tamaya Resort - 1000% better service.

It is a pity the service is so bad since it is a nice resort. On the positive side the bartender was great and so was the Executive Chef that came to our table to introduce himself.

We usually stay at Ritz Carltons but thought we would try Four Seasons. If this resort is any indication of the Four Seasons brand then our business goes to Ritz. Very surprised Four Seasons does not have better standards,

Room Tip: Rooms on one floor or rooms on the second floor are better since you don't get the noise from the room upstatirs.
2  Thank VIAJONOW

Dear VIAJONOW,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We take all of the comments we receive from our guests seriously and use them as a learning tool in order for us to find new ways to improve the overall product and service delivery we provide to our guests. With that being said, I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for the challenges that you encountered during your stay. At your earliest convenience, may I ask if you can provide me with your telephone number in order for us to speak directly regarding your stay? My direct line is 505-946-5801 if you wish to call me at your convenience. We understand that there are many choices for you to decide from when traveling to Santa Fe and we appreciate your business and loyalty to our brand and our resort and we want to make sure that this continues. Once again, thank you very much for reviewing us and providing us valuable feedback. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I, were with my little girl (8) and my mother last year during the spring break 2012.
This hotel is very nice and the service is outstanding. The restaurant is delicious. I cannot wait to come back there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank bogotamoni
Tammy T, Executive Assistant to Cindy Racco at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear bogotamoni,

Thank you so much for your taking the time out to write a review about your visit to the Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado. I can't thank you enough for providing feedback about your stay with us. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you know our trademark at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is excellence in service, and we take this very much to heart. I will be happy to share your feedback with the team as there is no greater motivator than a job well done. With the being said, you must return to experience all of the enhancements of the resort since your last visit and new culinary offerings provided by our Executive Chef, Andrew Cooper. Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Santa Fe in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great hotel, hiking on good trails out the door of your cottage.
Only 10 mins from Santa Fe, hotel has car service that takes you to town if you don't want to drive.
Only bummer, no indoor pool at the fitness center.
Great staff, it doesn't get better!!!!!!!
FIRST CLASS

5  Thank Steve A

Dear Steve A,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review from your recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are grateful to be located on 57 acres of beautiful landscapes with a convenient hiking trail for our guests. As you know our trademark at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is excellence in service, and we take this very much to heart. I will be happy to share your feedback with the team. Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado Santa Fe in the near future.