We were very disappointed upon our arrival to find this resort did not quite live up to the high standards of the typical Four Seasons we have come to expect.
When we checked into one of the suites, we discovered that the room had not been swept nor mopped. There was a huge stain on the rug by the bed, and stains on the couch and lounge chairs. Our room’s courtyard was filled with uncut grass and weeds and littered with cigarette butts. Also we were disappointed to find they did not supply the usual Four Seasons L’Occitane amenities. We did call the front desk about the floors and they sent someone up right away to sweep and mop.
Over the weekend, we became aware that the Rancho Encantado was recently taken over by the Four Seasons and this property and the staff was going through a transition phase. We couldn't help but feel that we were being used as training and practice for the staff, and we were cheated and misled.
I do want to mention that there were some positives during our stay, including an informative hike with Hans, and a delicious dinner at Terra. At breakfast, Chef Andrew Cooper came to our table, introduced himself, and is a great asset to the property.
Hopefully, Rancho Encantado will eventually live up to the Four Seasons standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelUp, Prestigia, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe