I'm writing this from the room. What a disappointment. Months ago, when we made our reservations, our travel agent requested adjoining rooms, because we're traveling with our children. Adjoining rooms confirmed. When we arrive, we find that "adjoining" actually means going outside, in sub-zero weather, to the other side of the building. Technically, they are adjoining, in that they share a wall, but really absurd to think that this is what we were looking for. So, I'm not happy, but this is fixable. I call to the front desk, and explain my situation. "The hotel is full. Sorry, there is nothing I can do." Caitlyn (no help at all, thank you) offers to talk to the reservations manager, in the morning (ie., today). I'm not happy, but every other luxury property in Santa Fe is fully booked. The situation is still fixable. And this is what makes this a three star time share property, rather than a real 5 star hotel: the management's response is...nothing. No call, no follow up, no apology. I'm not looking to get anything for free (although a bottle of wine and an apology, a meal voucher, or some small gesture goes a long way), but the signal sent by management is that they SIMPLY DON'T CARE. We have stayed in Four Seasons properties around the world (The Beverly Wilshire was a great property), and we're willing to pay for 5 star service, and, until now, have always gotten it. Because it isn't the pretty lobby, or the comfortable bed that defines a 5 star hotel, IMO, it's the service. Not here. Pretty room, comfy bed, nice setting, lousy hotel. Housekeeping, the bell service, the fireplace valet, were all very nice. It is true that in the lower level rooms, it sounds like upstairs guests are practicing Flamenco dancing because there is no soundproofing to speak of. Not ideal, but excusable if everything else is great. Finally, the property is actually no where near Santa Fe. Fine, and forgivable, if only the service were great, and we had realized. Needless to say, we do not recommend the property, and we're sending word back up the chain through Virtuoso travel, to strike this hotel from its list of recommended properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe