“Honorable Sacred Ground”

Santa Fe National Cemetery
Ranked #29 of 272 things to do in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Owner description: Civil War buffs will appreciate the little known history of the 28 Confederate soldiers from Texas buried in this spot.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a very quite place to reflect on the ones who have given the ultimate sacrifice for what we believe in. Reminded me somewhat of Arlington National Cemetery. This is a must see also for anyone visiting the area.

2  Thank Bill C

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This cemetery reminded us of the Arlington National Cemetery near Washington, D.C. The rows and rows of small white crosses were so spiritual and so sobering. We were surprised to find such a treasure in Santa Fe.

2  Thank Joyce O
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Beautifully kept and serves as a reminder of things more important than everyday irritations. Very grounding.

1  Thank GAIL W
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Whether viewed from a distance or walking around, the orderly rows of marking stones is impressive. The veterans conduct a meaningful service for interments and late in the day, one can hear taps playing. A beautiful and quiet location across from a shopping area and a Starbucks.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

What do I think of Cemeteries, not a place I'm dying to visit but this is the place I have decided to have as my final resting ground. I have visited many national cemeterys but because I'm partial to Santa Fe and I'm a vet, this is where I want to be for my final resting place.