“A hidden surprise”

Backdoor Kitchen & Catering
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014

You would never expect to find a gem like this, hidden behind an industrial-looking area...but go around the corner and you walk through a garden area with outdoor seating. Nice menu of creative small plates and entrees, with some international fusion - we had a fabulous meal, with attentive service, and the bonus of a jazz guitarist on the night we dined there. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

...but well worth it! The weather allowed for outdoor seting in the beautiful gardens, prepare to be buzzed by hummingbirds. The place is spendy, food is expensive all over the islands, even more so here. This was well worth the price! The vegetarian East Indian platter was to die for, the feta cheese wrapped grape leaves should not be missed, the pan seared sea scallops were topped w/ a ginger sake beurre blanc these were served with sesame scallion rice cakes & seasonal vegetables, amazing!

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Had a couple of drinks and some very excellent food at this restaurant located behind some buildings. Excellent corn masa appetizer and a great Caesar salad. My wife said the salmon was the best of our trip and my pork chop was excellent. The profiteroles for desert were fantastic as well. A bit pricey for the area but well worth it.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Excellent all around…even the 13 yr old with us loved it. Lamb chops/rack = perfect. Bones picked clean by the picky teen. Scallops: a perfect delicate balance to the flavors (i.e. PERFECT). The pork chop? Not my favorite, but still outstanding. Service friendly, drinks spectacular crazy inventive, pleasant isolated location away from the "bloody tourists". Lot more I could write, but I don't feel like it. YOU need to go try it and judge for yourself.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

You'll need to ask locals to find this restaurant located a few blocks from the ferry over-load parking lot. I heard great things about it so on my 56th birthday my partner Fred took me and a couple of friends. I had extremely high expectations so that might be why I was a little let down. The salmon special I ordered was in a large bowl with sticky rice and not much more. It was OK but not great. Next birthday I'll probably choose a different place to celebrate, though I should mention that the dessert was great!