“Fresh Ingredients Nicely Prepared”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Market Chef

Market Chef
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ione, California
“Fresh Ingredients Nicely Prepared”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was delighted to stumble upon this tiny cafe with its satisfying selection of soups, salads, and sandwiches. I ordered a caprese salad that contained market fresh heirloom tomatoes and basil. I liked being able to stand at the counter, look over the dishes in the case, and select the amount I wanted. The next afternoon I returned with a friend. She ordered the crabcake and ate every last morsel while I chose the grilled vegetables. Definitely the best choice in this small town.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank avidtraveler1946

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stopped in this little cafe for lunch. Ordered at the counter and food served at your table . I had a crab cake and salad, both of which were delicious! My hub had soup and turkey sandwich. Wonderful service and pleasant atmosphere with seating both inside and out.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jeanette L
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“The best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Only thing wrong here is they are not open on weekends! The best food we had - ate lunch here and took home take out for dinner. A must in a town not known for its cuisine

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Patti4709
Dunwoody, GA
“A Delightful Change of Pace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

On a day trip to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island WA., we were advisdnbynthe tour bus driver to try The Market Chef. It is a smallish order at the counter organic restaurant. I had the daily soup and salad special, while mynwifenhad Crabcakes and potato salad. My soup and salad were delicious. My wife, who is a crab cake afficianado gave it two thumbs up. Even better she said the potato salad was the best she had ever tasted. It was made with fingerling potatoes, green peas, capers, and other things that our server said she was not allowed to divulge. The service was prompt, especially for a crowded summer day. We strongly recommend the Market Chef for lunch at Friday Harbor.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Harris G
austin
“one of the best sandwiches I ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Try the "not your sisters sandwich". it had apples in it and was one of the best sandwiches I every had. It a sandwich place, but everything was really excellent including the sides.

Visited August 2013