“A super place” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“A super place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just what I was hoping for when I arrived on the island - very comfortable. My room, the Amethyst, is the smallest evidently and has an awkward sloping room in one part of the room, but was great for one person and was ideal for me. Great facilities available in the house including a well equipped kitchen and laundry facilities (although could do with some more DVDs to play as there were loads of videos!) .

The breakfast there will not be for everyone and I must admit I only went once as I did fancy something a bit more filling. However, I can understand why lots of people rave about it.

Overall loved it there and highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Our room, Castle Wall, was clean and had a small deck. The harbor and town were not visible. The room was clean and the staff was great. The breakfast was superb. They have gluten free bread and made item/ dairy free breakfast entrees. Only problem was the room got very hot during the day (no air conditioning). The nights were nice and cool.

• Stayed May 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The bed was nice and I loved the tub--but just a few too many rules for my taste. The breakfast was nothing to write home about either. They were a little bossy as well. I like my B&B's a little less interactive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Malibu, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I found ourselves stuck (along with our Portugese Water Dog pup) for a night on San Juan Island when the ferry service was cancelled due to mechanical failure. As it turned out, a blessing in disguise. Snooped around TripAdvisor, found this place and we were lucky enough to be accommodated by the incredibly helpful and charming Beth. Treats for our pooch, a picket fenced doggie yard, and an upgrade to the honeymoon suite - which is awesome, by the way - made everything aok. Plus Beth gave us a very careful rundown of everything to do on the island. Which we did. And wrapped up the day with a very relaxing soak in the jacuzzi on the deck outside our suite. Plus breakfast the next morning was perfect. She also figured out where to plug in and charge our Chevy Volt.
You can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary stay; hand-made soaps, awesome cookies waiting for you each day, clean rooms with great smells, bikes and kayaks free to use. Groupon made this last minute stay fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank GREat408
Tacoma, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

As many dog-lovers know, it is extremely hard to find places that not only accept dogs with their guests, but embrace them. The Tucker House is such a place! Our wonderful year and half old golden retriever has never felt so loved and welcomed at any other home away from home than here. Not to mention that the human accommodations far exceeded our expectations, from the services, the Jacuzzi, the on-site movie selection, to the breakfast...everything was exemplary. We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: The cottages offer wonderful privacy and an intimate home away from home feel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've stayed here three times now and each time has been absolutely perfect. Check-in times are a bit restrictive especially in the off-season but seeing as how interesting Friday Harbor can be, this hasn't been much of an issue for us. When we got in, there's a cozy central living area where we were promptly greeted by one of the staff members. After being shown around the place, we were handed a small plate of homemade cookies and chocolates and left to ourselves.

The cheapest room available can be small for two people but even that wasn't that big of a deal and it still came with a fully stocked kitchenette with everything we could want and more from a room. Breakfast was delivered to our room in the morning and was easily the best breakfast I have ever had in my life. Each time, I looked at my meal skeptically and was more than pleasantly surprised. It's impossible to speak too highly of the food here and they have always been extremely mindful of our dietary needs.

Aside from those things you would expect from a B&B, they provide several movies and books although most are older and seem quite unused but they are there if you'd like. The cottages are each connected by a large deck area which is beautifully maintained and gives a great atmosphere while maintaining individual privacy. Also, the location is perfect for taking a walking tour of Friday Harbor. My fiancee and I never felt the need to drive around the town.

Honestly, I'm not sure what else you could ask for. The price is reasonable, especially considering the wonderful service and amazing food. The rooms are clean and fun, the location is great and the staff is friendly. They also provide many room packages that include a variety of fun things to do on the island or romantic amenities like champagne in your room or a table at the restaurant run by the staff. All in all, I highly recommend Tucker House for a getaway on any budget.

Room Tip: Jennie's Cottage is a little cramped but is also the cheapest available. If you're looking f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple