Hillside House Bed and Breakfast
Friday Harbor Suites(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$240
$200
Hotels.com
The Orca Inn(Friday Harbor)
$88
Earthbox Inn & Spa(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$203
Bird Rock Hotel(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$257
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Free Internet
Tucker House Inn(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$273
$266
Friday Harbor House(Friday Harbor)
$399
Discovery Inn(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$189
$169
Official Site
Roche Harbor Resort(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$153
The Island Inn at 123 West(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$300
All reviewscookiesquichepicasso roomearly risersenjoyed our staywatching tvgreat hostsgreat place to stayferry landingsan juan islandsluggagebedroomlavendermileseattleporchbird
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I made a phone reservation with Greg, Hillside Bed & Breakfast several months before our vacation for a Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night. I never received an email confirmation so I called to confirm that they had us coming. He said he would send the confirmation and I still did not receive one.

We checked in on a Saturday at 5:30 p.m. Greg was not hospitable or welcoming. He took my credit card and then showed us our room. Greg was never very friendly during our stay to us or the other guests that we spoke with. Very business like.

On Monday morning after breakfast, we rented bikes for the day. When we came back, all of our belongings had been moved from our room and thrown into bags. Greg said that we had a reservation for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and should have checked out that morning. Now that was impossible since we were not in Washington on Friday. Greg never said anything to us upon checkin that we missed Friday night, nor did he say anything on Monday that we were checking out that day. He refused to give us a refund and was of no help to us in any way. I asked him to get his wife upstairs. His wife is a wonderful woman and she found us another bed and breakfast and paid for it. If it was up to Greg, we had no where to go.

According to our whale watch captain and the other bed & breakfast, this is not the first time this mix up has happend. I should have really read the Traveler Beware review on this Bed & Breakfast. A cheaper price is not worth not having a place to stay. I recommend that you definitely stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kstutz6
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Stayed the last week of June. Weather was supposed to be cloudy but had a lovely 3 days. Breakfast was quite good with an egg entry, pancakes, homemade granola, bacon, sausage, etc. Owners were accommodating enough. We spent most of the time out and about.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I have never had such a nightmarish experience with a B&B before. I booked three nights in August four months in advance and when I arrived ten minutes before check in with my confirmation in hand, Greg, the owner informed us that his computer had "crashed" and he had no record of us. He was booked and made no effort to accomodate us even when we explained that we had reservations for a kayak trip and whale watch trip which would not refund our money if we had to leave the Island. Because it was a peak season weekend the only accomodations we could find were at Orca Inn which I would never recommend to anyone. Greg's attitude was minimal concern and copies of my confirmation appeared to make no difference with him; my husband still believes that he booked someone else for a higher rate over us. I would cautiion anyone booking with this B&B to have a backup plan as you will need it! This experience certainly tainted our stay at Friday Harbor.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Ladytravel44
Reviewed September 17, 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hillside House. It's extremely clean and our room and bed were very comfortable. The view, though not large, is nice, and the guests have access to the comfortable deck and living room. There are TVs in the rooms. They also provided many extras in our bathroom, like hair dryer, hand mirror, lotion, bandaids. There were 24-hour snacks and tea. Breakfasts were not exactly healthy, but adequate, and Greg was accommodating to someone who did not like lavendar!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 29, 2008

This bed and breakfast was comfortable and clean. The owners were friendly, courteous, and happy to help in any way. We stayed two nights in the Parisian room. It was cozy. We liked our own bathroom and tv. The breakfasts were delicious. We had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, quiche, peach cobblers, fruit compote, etc. etc. It was served right on time at 8:30 am. Warm and fresh...just like home.

The other guests were cordial and easy going...especially Arlene and Bob...these two were out of this world interesting...quite the world travelers.

If you are a runner there is a high school w/ a quarter mile flat track right down the street. It was soft and well maintained.

We would recommend these quarters to any family members or friends. So of course we recommend it to any other travelers trekking to Friday Harbor.

Stayed: August 2008