“Blech”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed December 23, 2011

The quality of food was very poor. The fish was overcooked, and the oil perhaps should have been changed a few months ago. Even the fries tastaed terrible. The clam chowder tasted alright, but would have been much better with real cream and not milk thickened with cornstarch. Also, a we were expecting about 4 times the clams than the soup actually contained.

1  Thank Hinoe66

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I ran in here to grab a couple of sandwiches to take with us on the ferry back to Seattle. The restaurant definitely has a diner home-town feel to it. The woman who waited on me for the take out was friendly and concerned that I wasn't getting food for the next ferry out since there wasn't enough time (I wasn't). Our sandwiches did arrive in time to get our ferry, but as time marched on while I waited, I began to get a bit concerned. Before our sandwiches were ready, the waitress asked if we wanted a piece of cod (at no charge) so when I said yes, she wrapped up one for me. Don't know if it was cooked in error or what, but it was good, although a bit greasy, and I appreciated her offer. We wrapped it up in a napkin first to blot up some of the grease.

Other reviewers have commented on the large menu and delicious food. The menu is large and the milkshake choices were all very enticing, but I'm not sure I'd come here except if I wanted something inexpensive and relatively quick to eat. Our sandwiches were good and were fine to grab for the ferry ride, (although be sure to allow enough time to catch your ferry - our sandwiches took about 20 minutes to get). If you sit in the right spot the view of the ferry terminal is lovely.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Affordable and delicious food ! Be sure to try the cole slaw.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Had the bacon, egg and cheese biscuit with hash browns. About as good as it gets! Lots of locals and a real homey feel. Line gets long and tables are limited so get there early. (before 9)

Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is my first review of a restaurant - as it was just so poor - that I had to write in. Our family picked up dinner for take-out to bring with us on a whale watch in the late afternoon. We ordered two kids meals (PB&J Sandwich and fries) and a Reuben sandwich and fries. Okay. Not the healthiest to start with - but I have to say that I have never had such a horrible experience. When we opened the boxes with the dinners in them (about 10 minutes after we picked up) it was apparent that the french fries were just filled with so much grease - that the sandwich bread was soggy. It was horrible. Greasy PB&J for the kids. When I opened up the adult sandwich box - you could see the grease from both the sandwich and the french fries at the bottom of the box. The bread was soggy and sopping wet with grease. Just the worst thing that I ever saw in a meal. I love food and experiences of all kind - from fine dining to the homey diner. This however is definitely not a place that I would ever recommend based on our experience. The grease was overwhelming.

2  Thank rh0ndag